European Super League

katzik

Clubs have every right to create competitions. Super League is legal project.

Champions League has nothing to do with champions nor is it charitable towards smaller countries.

It's basically a corrupt bastard pretending to be virtuous screaming at a selfish bastard. Much like what you see in MSM really. It's a disease.

Yeah and the solution to the "corruption" is a NBA shitty league founded by the uncorrupted Morgan Stanley???:lol:
What a joke

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Salary caps and drafts are usually the system used in America for this type of stuff. I imagine it will be something similar to this league for longevity. No more 250M Neymar transfer numbers and can't be paying players like Messi 400M a season.

Drafts? Where will these European clubs draft their players from? Their academies? Random European college/university kids?

I hope they don't ruin this by Americanizing everything. Americanize America by all means, don't Americanize the rest the world please.

Yannik

Just realized kids in 50 years are gonna say Ronaldo and Messi played against farmers and didn't do it in the Super League.

eaman

Just realized kids in 50 years are gonna say Ronaldo and Messi played against farmers and didn't do it in the Super League.

Well they still play against some of these teams every year anyway but ya not every week if it is pushed through. They would certainly dismiss the 100 plus goals both those players have in the Champions league. I suppose players in the future would be racking up those numbers or more at the end of their careers seen as they will play in so many games through the years

Porque

They did but they didn't expect government Involvement.

No Judge or Lawyer can save u from governments. They know now they are fucked

Well the British government are just defending their national interests, ie, the Premier League. They just want guarantee's that clubs, sponsors, tv rights, attendances do not disappear with the Super League. Transfer fee's, foreign investors and their trickle down. In a way, they are talking to these people ("The Premier League will remain strong, come, bring your money to the UK still) and not the grassroots or lower league infrastructure's. If they cared about them, they wouldn't be suffering so much with Covid.

Not least now with this being a nationally exported product and the UK being outside the EU now.

So for the British government, once they see a mutual benefit between the ESL and the Premier League then they will be fine with it. Same with the rest of the national governments really.

El Flaco

I doubt it. Hell, noone says Pele & Maradona played against farmers and didn't do it in the European Cup.

Yannik

I doubt it. Hell, noone says that about UCL now with the likes of Pele & Maradona.

Pele is indeed criticized for playing in Brazil at that time. Also a pretty respectable amount of people actually claim there was no offside back then for whatever reason.

raskolnikov

Drafts? Where will these European clubs draft their players from? Their academies? Random European college/university kids?

I hope they don't ruin this by Americanizing everything. Americanize America by all means, don't Americanize the rest the world please.
Bullshit nba system,playoffs, classico in LA, countless commercials, insta/-youtube influencers in studio snoop as comic relief, half time performance by Ariana Grande followed by woke statements.
Future of football at this rate...

Where is Ja Rule?? Someone get hold of this mf'er so I can make sense of all this!

Jenks

Ultimately the only way this hostile takeover of football can win is if the fans are weak enough to support it.

Well the British government are just defending their national interests, ie, the Premier League. They just want guarantee's that clubs, sponsors, tv rights, attendances do not disappear with the Super League. Transfer fee's, foreign investors and their trickle down. In a way, they are talking to these people ("The Premier League will remain strong, come, bring your money to the UK still) and not the grassroots or lower league infrastructure's. If they cared about them, they wouldn't be suffering so much with Covid.

Not least now with this being a nationally exported product and the UK being outside the EU now.

So for the British government, once they see a mutual benefit between the ESL and the Premier League then they will be fine with it. Same with the rest of the national governments really.

I don't think that's true at all. The outrage toward this is palpable in England, and presumably elsewhere too. It would be damaging enough not to stand in the way of this, but to claim you would and then betray working class football supporters? I don't see this government risking that, even if there were economic benefits to this move for the UK - which there likely won't be.

Home of Barca Fans