Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He's the player who suffers the most from Del Bosques 4-2-3-1 formation. He hasn't got the physique to play that far forward, so falls back and does the same work Xabi and Busquets do

ammarfcb

ze special one
xavipass.gif

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Is he injured or was it a tactical approach from del Bosque after Croatia decided to man-mark Xavi the last time? Because for the first time I have seen Xavi not having the most passes in a game. Alonso was more active in pulling the strings from midfield I thought and a quick look at the stats confirm it:

Xavi: 84 attempted passes
Alonso: 96 attempted passes

We shouldn't compare Xavi with Alonso or with Pirlo. Del Bosque is using Alonso at Xavi's place , therefor Xavi has to play a more forward game play which isn't at all suitable for him . And this is not Barca , this is Spain , midfield is already over loaded with Busi + alonso + Xavi. Then Alba goes upfront like always even if there is no need at times. All of these just to find a place for Alonso . And alonso is the player who continues to interrupt the game play that Busi or Xavi tries to create and delivers too much balls to Cesc which is absolutely absurd .

Maria

We shouldn't compare Xavi with Alonso or with Pirlo. Del Bosque is using Alonso at Xavi's place , therefor Xavi has to play a more forward game play which isn't at all suitable for him . And this is not Barca , this is Spain , midfield is already over loaded with Busi + alonso + Xavi. Then Alba goes upfront like always even if there is no need at times. All of these just to find a place for Alonso . And alonso is the player who continues to interrupt the game play that Busi or Xavi tries to create and delivers too much balls to Cesc which is absolutely absurd .

Yeah..this would be true if they wouldn't have played in the same positions at the 2010 WC, where Xavi bossed it even with Alonso on the pitch.

Right now we need to accept that Xavi is not what he used to be anymore(and that much is obvious since January) and that Xabi is having a better tournament then him. To be frank, I am worried for the next season, especially if Cesc and Thiago don't step up like they should or if Iniesta will have injury problems again.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
You are dealing with Xavi a world-class player and you are jumping to conclusions way to fast and you have done this before also.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Yeah..this would be true if they wouldn't have played in the same positions at the 2010 WC, where Xavi bossed it even with Alonso on the pitch.

Right now we need to accept that Xavi is not what he used to be anymore(and that much is obvious since January) and that Xabi is having a better tournament then him. To be frank, I am worried for the next season, especially if Cesc and Thiago don't step up like they should or if Iniesta will have injury problems again.

I don't think the furture looks as grim, but it's true that it is getting harder to deny that Xavi may be starting his final years as a pro...

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He had a great game v Bilbao and he's consistently proved a better option than Cesc in midfield during the season (although you could argue that it doesn't say much), so I wouldn't call him finished just yet...

F

Flavia

He had many problems with injuries this year. So I'm giving him a chance before saying he's declining. Though it's bound to happen sometime. He can't play as much as he has been, if we want him on a high level.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He's obviously lost some mobility with his injuries and age starting to catch up, but "a pretty good player"? He's much, much more than that.

Pepe Silvia

People see lack of through ball assists and they think that's all Xavi is there for. SMH

Xavi is still the man. Slightly hampered by bothersome injuries and highly annoyed with this Spain team, at least that's how I see him playing in this tourney.

No concerns here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans