Votes: 21 15.4%
  • Keirrison 14

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Ibra actually played well even if not by Barca standards etc....Keirrison was €14 million and hasn't played yet

So I couldn't really consider them as one of the worst buys...Euro for Euro, I still can't find one to top Caceres at €17 million

XaviMessiGirl

I think most people chose Ibra because of the sheer price. But really a lot of those options if you adjust their price to today's market would come close to that.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I believe the likes of Ibra, Saviola and Zambrotta did enough to justify their price even to an extend. But the rest of that list were really way below par for Barca. Petit was just ok in a few matches, same as Overmars but that was never enough. Ibrahimovic actually deserves the least blame from that list since he only was here for one season and his stats were not really bad at all with Barcelona.

D

DDON

Ibra was the worst signing in history
Especially since we lost eto'o in the process

D

DDON

you would prefer eto'o leave for free than sell him to get ibra for 40m?

I would've preferred ibra keep his mediocrity in Italy and we kept our cash
It would've been up to eto'o to make his own decision as to whether he stayed or left, we owed him that. He played when we were good, he played when we were bad - even when ronaldinho was acting a fool.
Eto'o keep scoring, that was his job, and he's still for me a better player than Ibra, cause he can play deep and was quick and suited for our tiki-tika

Ohio Catalan

Had to go Ibra, just because of how much money he cost the club and how much better I liked Eto'o in his role. Sure, he won us an el Clasico and scored twice against Arsenal, but he was supposed to be the best out and out striker on the planet and couldn't fit in our squad -- worst buy in my opinion. The club lost a lot of money for a diminishing return of goals, thats economics 101.

(However, my vote really shouldn't count, as I wasn't a football fan for several of the guys on that list)

gvt2000

The fact that Ibra is winning by such a wide margin only shows how long most of the voters have followed barcelona OR how short their memory is. Ibrahimovich, as expensive as he was, was crusial in a decent number of matches. I don't believe Chygro should be second either, considering he was sold before he had time to adapt.

My top 3 :
Christanval: 17 million euros for a "player" who had no visible skill or talent. Burning the money would've been a better investment. His brightest moment as a barcelona player was leaving (for free) and saving us his salary.
Geovanni:+21 million euros for someone who, in 2 years, played 800 minutes (9 complete games) and, as a forward, only managed to score twice. He doesn't win worst transfer in modern history only because, inexplicably i might add, Benfica payed 15 million euros for him.
Saviola: You expect more from the most expensive player in barcelona history (at the time) Saviola's start was not as bad as christanval, but his following years were criminally bad. To add insult to the injury, and knowing no club would ever match his ridiculously high wage, he saw his contract all the way through and milked barcelona to the very end. The only good thing he ever did was signing for madrid and, in turn, milking them aswell.

Last edited:

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
WOW saviola for 36 :lol: WOW just....wow the best he ever played was the season we loaned him to seville

Home of Barca Fans