• Chygryinskiy 25

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • Keirrison 14

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

MoFroBo

Had a tough time in between Geovanni and Chirstanval, but opted for Christanval, as he had "gash" written all over him.

Both him and Geovanni should top the list though. Jesus, our transfer policy as of late, with Keirrisson, Chygrynsky and Ibra, is not ANYWHERE near the levels of Gaspart era. Most of the transfers in between '98 and '03 were screaming SHIT.

What's up with Ibra being nr. 1?

Summing up all Ibra has to be nr. 1. The whole transfer in the first place was a very bad bad idea.

desoe

I think we need to clarify something. How exactly we're looking at the subject?

As a "worst piece of business" or a "worst player signed" ?

Because if it is the second, then yes - Ibra does not have a place in that list. Geovanni is the winner, hands down. But when we're talking about football transfers, I'm looking at the whole perspective, because it means money are involved. And when we again clarify how much money we lost, so yes - Ibra is the worst piece of business we have EVER done in our history. And probably one of the worst deals in history of football, leave Barca alone.

Barcafan 2304

I'll quantify my selection of Ibra by stating i dont think he was a bad player, and he could well have gone on to greater things in a Barca shirt, its just the amount of money lost in the deal

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I think we need to clarify something. How exactly we're looking at the subject?

As a "worst piece of business" or a "worst player signed" ?

Because if it is the second, then yes - Ibra does not have a place in that list. Geovanni is the winner, hands down. But when we're talking about football transfers, I'm looking at the whole perspective, because it means money are involved. And when we again clarify how much money we lost, so yes - Ibra is the worst piece of business we have EVER done in our history. And probably one of the worst deals in history of football, leave Barca alone.

Exactly desoe, which is why I personally voted for Ibra. By far one of the best players (if not the best) on that list in terms of ability and quality of performances for Barca. He wasn't great but was by no means a disaster, else we wouldn't have won the league. But for me this is a poll of our worst signing, which focuses on the transfer aspect IMO.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
except was it really worse than paying 21m for Geovanni?

it's not about the objective quality of the player, it's about how they delivered for us and whether they proved to be worth their money.

Zlatan was poor for large stretches, but very good as well. given the market at the time, 48m was not too much cash for a player like him. in fact it was a steal considering hasbeen Kaka had gone for 69m or some crazy nonsense earlier in the summer. adding Eto'o in looks very bad in hindsight, but hindsight is 20/20. at the time it had to be done because Eto'o was causing problems, disobeying Pep and of course refused to sign an extension except for a ridiculous pay rise (in the end I think he signed a token one as he knew he was on the way out). he had to be moved on and this was the only way to do it.

for 48m cash, he provided a lot of big goals and half a season of brilliant football.

for 21m (in 2001, remember, fuck knows what that equals in todays money) Geovanni added NOTHING.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Yeah people need to realize that while Ibra was awful business, the market has inflated ridiculously over the past decade. If anything, in regards to "good players, terrible business" that set the club back, Overmars for 40M hurt as much, if not more, than the Ibra deal. Although it's fucking embarrassing to currently hold the record for the most expensive football transfer that doesn't involve Real Madrid.

Christanval and Geovanni for that type of money would be terrible today, and back then it's even more terrible.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Yeah people need to realize that while Ibra was awful business, the market has inflated ridiculously over the past decade.
I think more so than anything, the negativity around the Ibrahimovic transfer, aswell as the money + player deal that didn't seem to make any sense, completely removes the fact that he scored some crucial goals and wasn't really all that awful.

Trillske

Sorry, voted before I read your post. Can really only speak with real confidence about the last 3 seasons or so, rest is just what Ive heard. So I shoudnt really be counted.

Anyway, voted for Chygryinskiy. 25 mil and did the poor guy even get to play? One of the wierdest things I´ve seen.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Damn, hardest question of the decade! Can I vote for 10 or what? Seriously Il Nose deserves a shot but there are many more players ahead of him in that list in this manner.

Eventually voted for Gerard. The guy didn't do SHIT for Barca really. Jeeez, seriously Barca need to think more about their purchases from now on. There are millions of pure waste of money on that list.

sukhy

I can't choose one just yet........some of those prices are ridiculous! 36m for Saviola?!!!! 24m for Gerard?!!!!!! 17m for Christanval?!!!!!!! Geovanni for 21m?!!!!!!!! Overmars for 40m?!!!!!!!!!
I'm gonna have to go with Geovanni.......what a knob he was!

Chygrinskiy21

Yeah, I voted for Ibra... he did relatively well, with some crucial goals that eventually helped defend the title, but it was nowhere near what I expected it to be, considering his talent. Other than that and the financial aspect that a lot of people have mentioned, there is the whole drama he caused with Pep. While we don't know what happened behind the scenes, no one messes with Pep! Actually, this alone wins the poll for him. Fuck you, Ibra!

thezone

considering how much money Saviola sucked out of Barcelona after we signed him he was probably twice as expensive than Ibra money wise.

Saviola created so many problems for the club also.

To Saviolas defense shoudl be that he actually played some games and was pretty in good in many of them.

De Boer brothers... hrghggg

N

neanz

If we win the treble this season I'll go for Ibra. I voted for Geovanni, and in truth, he and K9 are the frontrunners for me in this poll. Those 2 signing tell me not to always trust the hype from Brazil.

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
They were all crap.

Overmars was a disaster, but I think that the millions wasted on Zlatan were the worse.

It's betweeen these 2 really.

----------------------------------------------------------

That list makes for depressing reading.

So much money wasted by Barca.

N

Neji1o

I think all most all the buys by Pep were waste. I said waste in the meaning that, most of them are not in this squad.

Home of Barca Fans