Why Ronaldinho left for Milan!

I think No. 10, in those days, left Barca because...

• His great talents as a player needed a new challenge.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Stardom and fame became his doom. Barca is teamwork and must continue to be this...

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • Money. F**kin Milan. Moooney!!!!

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Other reason(s)

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters

Barca_Ray_USA

Very few players had the mental strength to stay on top. Even our "best player in history" - Cruyff. He had one good season in Barca. After that... If you think Ronaldinho was lazy in his final days, you should have seen Cruyff

Benetton

The Rolling Stone
I can say that Barca made Ronaldinho. His fame, stardom and success was because of Barcelona. Ronaldinho was commited to Barca but the management is the boss, they decide as Messi always says (if its upto me, i would never leave barca and finish my career here!). Dinho had really awesome spell, i regard him as the fifth best player of all time at barca after Johan, Messi, Xavi and Puyol.

Evil

Shabazz
I voted this "Stardom and fame became his doom. Barca is teamwork and must continue to be this... "

He left because he basically got fed up, he needed a new challenge. There's not much motivation after winning La Liga twice, CL trophy, BallonDor, FIFA World player twice Etc. so he became more interested in late nights, partying, not showing up to training Etc.

It hurt to see how things ended for him after going from hero to zero .. but I STILL and always will consider him one of the best players to even play in a Barca shirt, even arguably the most important during his prime. However, an era starts and ends .. but the club will stay, time to move on from Rijkaard-Ronaldinho to Guardiola-Messi, which I hope will even be more successful than Rijkaard and Ronaldinho.

Evil

Shabazz
Has Ronaldinho joined Madrid ? I don't see why you label him in the same class as Figo. I consider him a Barça Legend. That´s just my opinion man :) After all he was extremley important for us, and hadn't it been for him then I doubt we would have a CL trophy and 2 Liga titles in our cabinet. Ofcourse I'm upset about what he did, but still comparing him with Figo is pure crazy.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
This will never die will it? i was sick of it last summer and i quite suprised to see poeple still arguing about it.
I'll agree with Evil knowing he's Guacho's #1 fan that i know of lol

MJ BarcaFan

Well, this is only my analysis. The main reason would be Laporta's dictatorship. I'm sure everyone noticed that since Laporta's take over, almost all high ranking officials of the club has a falling out with him. There must be in Laporta's leadership style that is disagreeable. In a sense, there is some kind of mismanagement going on. Barca's decline started in 2006-07, by then almost half of the original Laporta's men deserted him, also Henk Ten Cate left the Club. I think Ten Cate was a great coaching staff too. Then last season, Laporta almost lost the vote of confidence by a slim margin. There is definitely a dark side to Mr. Joan Laporta and I am sure it will be unraveled soon once he stepped down from power in 2010.

IMO, Ronnie's declining relationship with the Club eminated from above-mentioned premise. Plus the fact that his contract is due to expire and re-negotiation is needed. Most probably some terms in the agreement is not satisfactory to both party anymore. Image rights are always the one thing being disputed upon as this clearly applies to Ronnie.

Another thing is, Laporta attempted to sell Ronnie to Milan before the start of the 2007-08 season. Remember all sorts of news coming out that Milan is bidding for Ronnie. This was confirmed by Assis (Ronnie's brother/agent). I can recall reading Assis' interview " I don't know what happened in the negotiation of Barca with Milan, why it didn't push true." Which leads me to believe that Laporta intended to sell Ronnie without even first consulting Ronnie. I don't know, maybe I am wrong. Ronnie maybe felt unwanted so his desire to perform was diminished. There is no more goodwill and incentive to perform well because the player is not being appreciated anymore.

His moving to Milan is the time to re-discover himself again and re-focused. Anyway, time will tell. Ronnie has a 3-yr contract with Milan and after that who knows what is going to happen.

X.A.U

The Special One
Well, this is only my analysis. The main reason would be Laporta's dictatorship. I'm sure everyone noticed that since Laporta's take over, almost all high ranking officials of the club has a falling out with him. There must be in Laporta's leadership style that is disagreeable. In a sense, there is some kind of mismanagement going on. Barca's decline started in 2006-07, by then almost half of the original Laporta's men deserted him, also Henk Ten Cate left the Club. I think Ten Cate was a great coaching staff too. Then last season, Laporta almost lost the vote of confidence by a slim margin. There is definitely a dark side to Mr. Joan Laporta and I am sure it will be unraveled soon once he stepped down from power in 2010.

IMO, Ronnie's declining relationship with the Club eminated from above-mentioned premise. Plus the fact that his contract is due to expire and re-negotiation is needed. Most probably some terms in the agreement is not satisfactory to both party anymore. Image rights are always the one thing being disputed upon as this clearly applies to Ronnie.

Another thing is, Laporta attempted to sell Ronnie to Milan before the start of the 2007-08 season. Remember all sorts of news coming out that Milan is bidding for Ronnie. This was confirmed by Assis (Ronnie's brother/agent). I can recall reading Assis' interview " I don't know what happened in the negotiation of Barca with Milan, why it didn't push true." Which leads me to believe that Laporta intended to sell Ronnie without even first consulting Ronnie. I don't know, maybe I am wrong. Ronnie maybe felt unwanted so his desire to perform was diminished. There is no more goodwill and incentive to perform well because the player is not being appreciated anymore.

His moving to Milan is the time to re-discover himself again and re-focused. Anyway, time will tell. Ronnie has a 3-yr contract with Milan and after that who knows what is going to happen.

I don't know how you blame the whole saga on Laporta? Did Laporta encourage dinho to go party every night? Did he tell him not to respect his duties and attend training whenever he wants? Did he force him to drink and eat like a pig so he gain weight? Where is Rijkaard from all this?

a player is an employee, he earns a living by playing, and when he stop playing and doesn't perform anymore for few years, he should leave! If for one thing, Laporta was very patient with Ronaldinho!

Certain players have no work ethic and their motto is "Live fast and die young"! George best was done at the age of 27!

Laporta is not in Milan, I don't see him performing in Milan too!

MJ BarcaFan

Well, the important thing is Ronnie helped Milan get back to the CL for next season, which is their main objective in the first place and Ronnie is still playing good in Milan. You can see highlights of those games, they are available in youtube and there is even 1 here in this forum, go check it out. He was injured for 1 month and now is back with the team. Granted he is yet to play the full 90 minutes but he will come good just give him time, ok? Wait till next season and Ronnie will surely explode in Milan. With Milan's new coach and reinforcements, Forza Ronnie !!!

X.A.U

The Special One
Well, the important thing is Ronnie helped Milan get back to the CL for next season, which is their main objective in the first place and Ronnie is still playing good in Milan. You can see highlights of those games, they are available in youtube and there is even 1 here in this forum, go check it out. He was injured for 1 month and now is back with the team. Granted he is yet to play the full 90 minutes but he will come good just give him time, ok? Wait till next season and Ronnie will surely explode in Milan. With Milan's new coach and reinforcements, Forza Ronnie !!!

Playing good in Milan? helped Milan get back in CL?

you must be either mad or not following the Calcio!

I don't need to watch it on youtube! I have the channels ;)

Dinho is a failed transfer for Milan, he is a sub and wasn't featured that much! I'm afraid he won't even have a chance for second season, they might off load him in this summer:

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=33931

Home of Barca Fans