• Colombia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nigeria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

Armando929

Spain may have declined a bit. And there's a lot of uncertainty about their line up.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Brazil, but I'm not 100% confident in that either.

ManusXavi

I don't understand the support for Argentina. Spain have a better coach, better defenders, Better ball control and pass creating more opportunities than Argentina's superstars will be able to. It will be like Balotelli Euro 2012. So much promised but they will be staffed of possession when they vs Spain in the Semi-final (like point of meet)

CatalinR10

I don't understand the support for Argentina. Spain have a better coach, better defenders, Better ball control and pass creating more opportunities than Argentina's superstars will be able to. It will be like Balotelli Euro 2012. So much promised but they will be staffed of possession when they vs Spain in the Semi-final (like point of meet)

With Messi on the field they haven't lost since november 2011

:tito:

ManusXavi

Sometimes I get the feeling some people are judging Spain from their Fatigued confederations cup effort and from Barcelona's drop.
Since the Confederations Cup things have got back to normal for Spain.
http://int.soccerway.com/teams/spain/spain/2137/matches/
A small stumble vs South Africa (a reminder BEFORE the tournament which is pleasing. It will surely be studied by Del Bosque and turn out to be a positive).
Solid performances and also I imagine Del Bosque will have learned from the fatigue experiences of the confederations cup.
Del Bosques experience + Success is a dangerous combination for the rest of the teams.

serghei

I don't either. Messi is one man after all, and one man can't win throphies on his own these days. In fact, I wouldn't even rule out a clear defeat for Argentina in Brasil if they get Germany again.

Kerrybai

^ The Argentina optimism comes from their potential run. They should easily win their group and then in the second round they will get either France, Ecuador or Switzerland. All of these can give them a good match but they should have the firepower.

So basically it is pretty straightforward to the last 8 where they will likely meet Portugal. This would be a close encounter but looking at both sqauds I think the Argies will edge it.

Then come Spain and I think the hope for those supporting Argentina is that fatigue catches up with them like it did in the Confed cup final.

Looking at their run to the last 4 it looks very doable for them to at least make it to that stage as they can do so without facing Spain, Netherlands, Brazil, Germany, Italy.

serghei

Both France and Portugal can take out Argentina on a given day. They were indeed very lucky with the draw, but I don't see them winning it myself. Bar the front trio, Argentina is pretty ordinary IMO.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Portugal :lol: . They don't stand a chance against Argentina, IMO. It's not Sweden this time.

Lomar1o

messi the reason argentina is leading in this poll, but i think brazil will win it because they are more versatile and will break down the bus better than argentina, that's my personal opinion. i also don't think spain's gonna win it because they are very weak against buses, unless vdb has a golden plan.

Antimadridista1

messi the reason argentina is leading in this poll, but i think brazil will win it because they are more versatile and will break down the bus better than argentina, that's my personal opinion. i also don't think spain's gonna win it because they are very weak against buses, unless vdb has a golden plan.

If there was a golden plan to break buses, I think that Xavi would've been the first to find it.

Antimilan

Spain weak against buses ? Spain was breaking buses almost every match in WC 2010... if you don't remember or didn't watch the matches, watch them again or re-watch them from the beginning to the end.

JamDav1982

Spain weak against buses ? Spain was breaking buses almost every match in WC 2010... if you don't remember or didn't watch the matches, watch them again or re-watch them from the beginning to the end.

Teams in that WC still attacked Spain in fact I think the majority of matches in the latter stages were much closer in terms of possession than you see with Barca.

Antimilan

Teams in that WC still attacked Spain in fact I think the majority of matches in the latter stages were much closer in terms of possession than you see with Barca.

Maybe a counter-attack now and then all of a sudden, but not even proper counter-attacking, let alone build-up play. I know Spain were fatal at that time (they still are) and didn't leave the opposition many chances and/or spaces, but still, they parked it, the crappy bus that is destroying football.

Oh yeah and Greece played better football in 2004 than Crapinho's Chelski nowadays.

Home of Barca Fans