Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nigeria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

ammarfcb

ze special one
lel @ everyone overrating argentina. if england weren't born and bred losers from the first sports day in primary school i'd say we are better. for starters we have more good fullbacks then they do defenders (or midfielders).

come at me.

Last edited:
R

relaySM

Yeah, funny how people rate their defense. Alves, Marcelo, D. Luiz. DAT brick wall. :VdB:

I have them out in the round of 16. Winning a Mickey Mouse Cup seems to have impressed some people though.

alves, marcelo, david luiz are individually not that good defenders but when they are brought together under the leadership of thiago silva, then they become something else.
furthermore they have two defensively astute CMs in luiz gustavo and paulinho.
hulk and oscar are excellent in defense and pressing. and then they have neymar and fred!

IMO they are the team to beat!!
it is not about individual talent or quality but how they function as a team! Heck there are a number of teams with a lot more individual quality than atletico, but look how atletico are good as a team

zanela

Oh, I don't disagree with that. We've all seen how Lady Gago turned into Gagiesta throughout the qualifications. Klose would be another example who scores for Germany no matter what. One still can't completely erase the fact that Argentina's midfield engine will be out for 2 months so close before the tournament begins. Club and international form might be different ball games but a certain rythm and match fitness has to be there regardless. Same goes for Agüero. When he played against us in Camp Nou he touched the ball once before getting subbed off - at kickoff. He can't enter the World Cup like that.

Comparing Pipita's with Llorente's output might have been a bit lazy. Let me put it this way. Higuain isn't showing anything special this season. Contrary to 2010 when he was basically carrying Real Madrid while Ronaldo was injured. He also tends to miss sitters in general but that's another story. I know your affection for the player but Higuain is not someone who will be THE difference maker in a World Cup semi-final for me when competent teams at that stage will mark Messi heavily.

During their qualification campaign I had them as semi-favourites for the World Cup. Right now I don't think they will show that sort of form.

Agüero after the Barca match:
“I did it in the move with Leo, right at the start of the game, after just three minutes,” Aguero told El Larguero. “I felt something there in my left leg. That stopped me from continuing. I was afraid about running into spaces. At half-time I got cold and said I would prefer to come out. I had some pain. Now I need to recover in the best way.”

Its was a case of fear of aggravating his injury(he was coming from a hamstring layoff) that prevented him from making an impact. Like I said, fitness permitting, he should turn it on at the tournament proper.
I don't think Pipita will be THE difference maker either. That would be Di Maria. Nonetheless, he's still the best they 've upfront. And whilst he had a better season in terms of productivity going in to '2010, one should not disregard the fact that he's playing his debut season in a league, which isn't very kind to strikers, and at the same time doing so in a lesser team. And whilst his current numbers don't flatter, the switch to Italy has developed his all-round game. Notably, he's more robust in his play, holding off defenders and, shielding the ball better (reason why Mou always picked Benzema over him). He's grown as a player since 2010. And even if his contributions don't show in numbers, I do think his much improved target play will aid his more talented peers come summer.

serghei

England will surprise many people if they are smart enough to play a Liverpool based formation. They are my dark horse in Brasil.

R

relaySM

Brazil, germany spain and italy to make the semis
Argentina eill exit at the knockout stage
You heard it here first

ManusXavi

Coach + defenders/defensive Midfielders + attacking midfielders/wingers/Centre forwards. + Substitutes + crowd =

Home of Barca Fans