Trance or House?

• Total voters
S

Sammie

The Feel good video is brilliant :D

This was playing in a party I was at, everyone got pretty wasted on it :lol:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
LOL. i just found the House MD theme song. thank you so much nolan.

Ahaha I remember being excited to hear Massive Attack the first time I saw House, but I'm a giant Massive Attack fanboy.

This guide has helped me find some crazy shit to download though.

zanela

House all the way. The reasons I pick house over trance are quite clear: it's more simple than trance and it has evolved into the most popular electronic music genre (IMO). I am not sure how old or 'nostalgic' you guys are but you simply can't ignore THIS:

Me Like

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
i explained earlier. BPM of trance is faster than in house. trance has more layers of musical instruments than house. house has a much much more simple beat as it is supposed to be used to dance with. and most importantly, lyrics make house music.

All you said is true, more or less, the bold part isnt. There is lyrics in trance as well, and the real, true house, deep house, doesnt actually have lyrics at all... Example:

[youtube]-7xY3rPFEbU[/youtube]

Or One, from Swedish HM...

Trance with lyrics.. Hmm.. Here, although it aint psy or goa:

[youtube]Z6hL6fkJ1_k[/youtube]

god i love that song, it is so fucking addictive :D

Here is a masterpiece from me ;)

[youtube]vUODtQ_4ojw[/youtube]

listen all of it, it's freaking brilliant piece of electronic music... I miss the old Armin tbh...

tell me, what do you want to here? Goa, psy, good house, not this commercia house you guys post (although i like many of those songs)... :)

Last edited:

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
i agree with zanela.. and that piece is great, nice choise... Its genre though cant be told really, it contains part of techno/house/transe, so it is something from everything ;)

edit: i just ended hearing Halcyion, great piece as well :)

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Well since i'm neither a fan of both genre and i come from a time where Earth , wind and Fire "Fantasy " remix by blackbox was a dance hit :p i think i'm less biased IMO than many here
its all about if the song reach in you in the dance floor , i'm not an Armin fan at all..he makes me sick but i absolutely adore this

However House wins it for me ...it's more listenable than trance

House music will improve 10 folds because of Swedish House Mafia. Their songs are more exciting to me than Guetta (who is considered the God of House)

They are awesome and i personally love "one " however they are now very main stream like Guetta.
I never understood the hate /dislike for Guetta he is the most successful DJ out there ...all the hate comes from just people wanting to stand out from the crowd... Guetta is the bees knees end of story and he is mainstream due to his unmatched success
I

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
guetta's hate comes from the fact that his songs are exactly the same.

if you were to listen to them, the chorus has pretty much the same number of syllables (key for making a catchy tune)

this is when house goes wrong yet its still so catchy

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Ahaha I remember being excited to hear Massive Attack the first time I saw House, but I'm a giant Massive Attack fanboy.

This guide has helped me find some crazy shit to download though.

One of the reasons why I like House.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I don't hate Guetta per se but I hate what he stands for. The problem is every electronic artist (and I'm not just talking about House) tries to ape Guetta's past two albums and it's polluting the market with terrible music, even worse than the epic trance early in the decade. Basically he's the new version of the Dutch trance.

Can anyone reccomend me any good Goa or Psy Trance? Most drives me crazy but I really like Infected Mushroom.

Last edited:

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Can anyone reccomend me any good Goa or Psy Trance? Most drives me crazy but I really like Infected Mushroom.

[youtube]onquKz5SYRs[/youtube]

[youtube]FOdv6ybFoi8[/youtube]

[youtube]XQs_dv4o3Is[/youtube]

[youtube]OHDraMwWjHw[/youtube] - the lyrics part is great.

[youtube]HbVuzyOxuVA[/youtube]

[youtube]6URtKaXsw4o[/youtube]

Try some more from Talamasca. I've been to every trance/house DJ mentioned here, and Talamasca is the best party i've been to, with kin Armin and PVD as well... The guy is a freaking beast! Some say "too bad you dont use drugs, you cant feel all the trance in you" :lol: Alcohol is more than fine by my lol :D

Home of Barca Fans