Trance or House?

Trance or House?

• Total voters

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Which mainstream electronic music genre do you prefer. Feel free to add an opinion on other genres but at pick one of the big two - techno is dead, electro (which is more my thing) is for hipsters and drum and bass is too niche, so I tried to keep it simple.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
I prefer Trance to be honest and think that it should be played more at clubs than House music.

sadly, trance is much more complicated in structure (despite having the same drum beat) than house music.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's a close call but I've been a Trance enthusiast for much longer than House...It's still my favorite genre of music, tbh...Perfectly named too, btw

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I prefer Trance to be honest and think that it should be played more at clubs than House music.

sadly, trance is much more complicated in structure (despite having the same drum beat) than house music.

I agree, the problem is most trance today is terrible or at least boring and unoriginal. I like both, and there's more house than trance that I like, but the best trance is epic. I find good trance to be very emotional, and I don't mean in that fake way that most Robert Miles wannabes go for.

It's a close call but I've been a Trance enthusiast for much longer than House...It's still my favorite genre of music, tbh...Perfectly named too, btw
Yeah, for me the name is what all trance music should aim for..to put listeners in a "trance" where the music overwhelms you.

When I went raving in Buenos Aires there was a trance room and a house room, I stuck to trance room because I would have needed a shit ton of coke to listen to house all night.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
To oversimplify, house is more "organic" influenced and closer to disco and latin music. This doesn't say much though, more about their origins.

Here's an epic guide for newbies: http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

Trance FTW For me,now shitter than old days(Tiesto in particular) but still better

Tiesto for me is everything that's wrong with Trance today. Elements of Life was his last half-decent work and that was still mediocre, everything since then has been awful.

Last edited:
N

neanz

House all the way. The reasons I pick house over trance are quite clear: it's more simple than trance and it has evolved into the most popular electronic music genre (IMO). I am not sure how old or 'nostalgic' you guys are but you simply can't ignore THIS:

Oh, and La Furia, I find this one 'emotional' as well. It's not trance only :)

Trequartista

The good
Heard some tracks for them before,jatin and they are decent,youtubing non tiesto-armin is always awesome,i love both of tehm and some of theirs are my favourite but you will find them overrated if you hear more from others

To oversimplify, house is more "organic" influenced and closer to disco and latin music. This doesn't say much though, more about their origins.

Here's an epic guide for newbies: http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

Tiesto for me is everything that's wrong with Trance today. Elements of Life was his last half-decent work and that was still mediocre, everything since then has been awful.

true,also for tiesto his tracks are either omg or wtf for me,as for armin his last album was not bad in my opinion 4 or 5 decent tracks

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Heard some tracks for them before,jatin and they are decent,youtubing non tiesto-armin is always awesome,i love both of tehm and some of theirs are my favourite but you will find them overrated if you hear more from others

true,also for tiesto his tracks are either omg or wtf for me,as for armin his last album was not bad in my opinion 4 or 5 decent tracks

Of all the superstar DJs, I think Armin still has it the most. His new album has a couple of good songs but he's still highly overrated.

Trequartista

The good
Of all the superstar DJs, I think Armin still has it the most. His new album has a couple of good songs but he's still highly overrated.

Armin is a bit overrated but still Tiesto is one of the most overrated Djs ever,as for Armin's Mirage,Full focus,mirage itself,orbion,take me where I wanna go,I dont own you are all decent

Home of Barca Fans