Thiago Alcantara

StarLord

I was not a huge fan of his when he was playing for us, and I thought that his attitude and his father's attitude were sheer douchebuggery.

But I (and unfortunately the club as well) were wrong. We should have kept this kid. Awesome player, and precisely what we need.

jamrock

It isn't only Tito's mistake.

You can add the whole board in this wagon.
it was tito who didn't play him and wouldn't give him reassurance they he would in the up coming season.

once the board saw that pep was in form him, they should have known his potential.

as pep ever been wrong about a masia player?. that's the question they should have asked themselves.

zanela

I will feel pain for this transfer for the next decade.

As much of a talent he is, he'd already made clear that his goal was to succeed in football, not necessarily at Barca. He's type who 'd 've left eventually. And since his departure, he's been indifferent towards the club who played a major part in his football education. Its about time we move on. Barca can survive and succeed without Thiago for the next decade.

xavi_the_Boss

it was tito who didn't play him and wouldn't give him reassurance they he would in the up coming season.

once the board saw that pep was in form him, they should have known his potential.

as pep ever been wrong about a masia player?. that's the question they should have asked themselves.

As if they could have done anything.Bayern would have just payed his release clause and he would have left as he is Peps little pet.
When Pep leaves Bayern he will probably want to leave them to.

Stric

It isn't only Tito's mistake.

You can add the whole board in this wagon.

How come? The board gave him a valid contract, with reasonable clauses. Thiago had a 90M buyout, which is pretty high. And the clause that droppped his buyout fee didn't require more minutes than is expected for a junior player like Thiago. Tito played Xavi on painkillers until he could barely walk, but kept Thiago on the bench. Once the clause was activated, the board couldn't no anything.

jamrock

As much of a talent he is, he'd already made clear that his goal was to succeed in football, not necessarily at Barca. He's type who 'd 've left eventually. And since his departure, he's been indifferent towards the club who played a major part in his football education. Its about time we move on. Barca can survive and succeed without Thiago for the next decade.

he turned down, many chances to leave before, because the club showed interest in keeping him. but everyone was caught up in cesc and allow the best player out of out academy since messi to walk out the door, as if it is nothing.

no one is going to stay at a club, if he feels unwanted, he himself again he simply asked to be reassured he would play more the next season and not even that they could have given him. he wants to success ed at football and for that he knows he has to play.

now we are trying to get pogba, a player thiago has ran around a few times at youth tournaments. we had probably the next best midfielder in our ranks and threw him away. that's something to be hurt about.

F

Flavia

So what, really? He could be succeding here. They let him go for cesc(who shares Thiago's goal, btw), who asked to leave one year later. One of the worst deals this board made.

StarLord

So what, really? He could be succeding here. They let him go for cesc(who shares Thiago's goal, btw), who asked to leave one year later. One of the worst deals this board made.

I agree that Cesc was a mistake (but we could not have known at the time I think) but I don't think that Cesc ever asked to be released by us. No way!

He has been injured more then 1/2 the time, i don't see the big loss, lets see if he can stay fit.

That is an issue as well.

Home of Barca Fans