Thiago Alcantara

StarLord

Why are we still talking about this Bayern player? The nostalgia is useless and unwarranted.

It was a mistake on our part!

Thiago plays exactly where we are hurting at the moment!

Even worse, he is playing for one of our most major rivals. So, it's a double whammy! These things make you go: "What if" and all that.

F

Flavia

I agree that Cesc was a mistake (but we could not have known at the time I think) but I don't think that Cesc ever asked to be released by us. No way!

Cesc asked to leave, and he said that himself many times, in interviews. Here. He said he decided to leave after the cdr final vs rm, and that he personally asked Bartomeu to make things easier, regarding his selling.

anguy

he turned down, many chances to leave before, because the club showed interest in keeping him. but everyone was caught up in cesc and allow the best player out of out academy since messi to walk out the door, as if it is nothing.

no one is going to stay at a club, if he feels unwanted, he himself again he simply asked to be reassured he would play more the next season and not even that they could have given him. he wants to success ed at football and for that he knows he has to play.

now we are trying to get pogba, a player thiago has ran around a few times at youth tournaments. we had probably the next best midfielder in our ranks and threw him away. that's something to be hurt about.

He was not "ALLOWED" to walk away. Board was simply too principled - they could have saved him for Barca ,IF they put pressure on coach to play him more often. But TO THEIR CREDIT they decided not to interfere with coach's squad selection. Let's face it, the fault lies solely on Thiago's shoulders, even blind would see that Xavi won't last very long and Fabregas is more an AM than CM. If he really loved the club he'd have stayed.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It was a mistake on our part!

Thiago plays exactly where we are hurting at the moment!

Even worse, he is playing for one of our most major rivals. So, it's a double whammy! These things make you go: "What if" and all that.

Yeah I take he is great, certainly great for Bayern; however what is the point of assigning blame to whoever let him go? He is gone, period. Let's look forward, I'd rather we talk about his shortcomings and vulnerabilities etc., i.e. how to counter/cancel him out when we play Bayern.

jamrock

Yeah I take he is great, certainly great for Bayern; however what is the point of assigning blame to whoever let him go? He is gone, period. Let's look forward, I'd rather we talk about his shortcomings and vulnerabilities etc., i.e. how to counter/cancel him out when we play Bayern.

not many, which is why we should have done our best to keep him

zanela

he turned down, many chances to leave before, because the club showed interest in keeping him. but everyone was caught up in cesc and allow the best player out of out academy since messi to walk out the door, as if it is nothing.

no one is going to stay at a club, if he feels unwanted, he himself again he simply asked to be reassured he would play more the next season and not even that they could have given him. he wants to success ed at football and for that he knows he has to play.

now we are trying to get pogba, a player thiago has ran around a few times at youth tournaments. we had probably the next best midfielder in our ranks and threw him away. that's something to be hurt about.

I'll tell you what, he took his decision, and seems quite happy where he's atm. Don't think he has much time for us, nor will he be saddened if Buyern beat us. You lot must get over with it, and instead invest yourself on that which concerns Barca today and tom. I've nothing else to add to this thread.

jamrock

No he didn't. You don't leave the club that raised you the first chance you get. Some players just don't care that much about the club -- see Figo.
he has had chances to leave barca since he was 16, so obvious was his talent, but unlike many, he choose to stay.

he simply wanted to progress in his career, and he knew playing less games wasn't the way to do that.

all tito had to say, was something along the lines of, this is my first season bare with me, you will play more next season, I guarantee it. and things would have been different.

F

Flavia

he has had chances to leave barca since he was 16, so obvious was his talent, but unlike many, he choose to stay.

he simply wanted to progress in his career, and he knew playing less games wasn't the way to do that.

all tito had to say, was something along the lines of, this is my first season bare with me, you will play more next season, I guarantee it. and things would have been different.

I think people forget Cesc was heavily linked to United that same summer. It was clear one of Thiago or Cesc would leave. Xavi was 33, Iniesta 29. Tito also preferred Cesc to Thiago, that was also clear.
And Thiago and Cesc both wanted playing time, they wanted to be starters. Keeping both was impossible. So it was up to the board and coach to decide, and they chose Cesc. Wrong decision, imho.
But the worst decision of all was to bring Cesc back. Pep is to blame, in the end.

No he didn't. You don't leave the club that raised you the first chance you get. Some players just don't care that much about the club -- see Figo.

See also Cesc, when he left for arsenal.

Home of Barca Fans