Sergio Busquets

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You want him to get a red just because he wanted to shake the ref's hand? :D

Should've been his 2nd yellow, was my point...What fool plays that sort of game with the ref when they're already on a booking?

I just have grown tired now, over 2 seasons, with his antics...What other Barca player pulls this kind of nonsense?...The sort of nonsense we call out opposing players for...Very surprising to me that Pep hasn't cleaned this nonsense up from him by now...I got the distinct impression from his first half play that Pep had specific instructions for him but that he reverted in the 2nd half - perhaps part of the season he was subbed

Why does he still get hate?

His errors are more often than not, at the center of the opposing side's goal scoring chances.

Just because he tried to shake the ref's hand, he's a bastard who doesn't deserve to wear the shirt of Barca..?

Getting off the pitch in a timely fashion so as NOT to risk getting his 2nd yellow, yes makes him a moron...Running some 20-30 yards to try and shake the ref's hand who wasn't having it, is begging for a booking...It's the recurring theme when it comes to the Biscuit, his antics often times cost the club

and why should Pep bench him until he stops diving? whats the point of leaving your best DM on the bench?

You wanna support divers on the club, that's your business...I don't...There's nothing sportsmanlike about it...He left the diving alone tonight but the antics continued.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
The ref shook his hand and a Villarreal player got a card. A more than succesful act by Busquets.

It's as Busquets as it gets. If it works, it's brillllliant. If it fails, well, yeah, at least we will have something to laugh about within a week.

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Soon he will be creating actual riots and not like the supposed riot Mourinho was in the brink of creating as thought by Valdes. :p

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
His thread is getting longer and longer by the day...becoming quite a controversial figure himself I see.

barca96

Yet one of those led to a goal... I understand he still needs to mature, but how many errors does he need to learn?

About "shaking the refs hand" incident, it was not clever at all, he could have gotten a second yellow, he had to walk at least 30 meters to get to the ref, it's not like he was standing next to him... That's what irks me about Busquets he has the habit of "staining" his good performances...

tbh i dont think he would receive a 2nd yellow.
you dont see goal keepers getting a 2nd yellow for time wasting.
although i think ive seen it once in my lifetime...

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
lol i am with pippo in this one, i have never seen such a cunt, i know you need one but van bommel was a cunt but he never infuriated me the way busquets does

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
For those calling for Pep to sort Busi out:

2010-05-01_PARTIDO_34.JPG

He's indeed working on him and I trust Busi will take note of what has been said.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Superb game from Busi last night, countless interceptions, some nice little passes in midfield and a few brilliant tackles to stop a potentially dangerous VR move in its tracks.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
He did but given that he lost the ball 30yds inside VR's half I don't think he can take much of the blame for that goal.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Nas summed it up very well imo, the attitude will always be "He's a cunt but he's our cunt", for any player at any team, cause at the end of the day he is our player and we've been burned bcause of cheating in the past A LOT. Also i enjoyed reading the discussion between yourself and Gio, Meta. Some excellent posts in this thread which is disappointingly novel, there's quite a few player threads that i dread going into nowadays...

Excellent game by Sergi yesterday too. No antics that i can remember and very neat in possession and distribution. Good show!

Also, Puyol was more at fault than him for Llorente's goal by mistiming his slide. He could've done a lot better and easily blocked it, let's not be victimizing players

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans