Sergio Busquets

barca96

Why does he still get hate?

Just because he tried to shake the ref's hand, he's a bastard who doesn't deserve to wear the shirt of Barca..?

Jeez, he was awesome today. Showed exactly why Yaya has been on the bench the whole season.

and why should Pep bench him until he stops diving? whats the point of leaving your best DM on the bench?

dont get too excited here.
it was his first great match in weeks or maybe months..

S

Super Pippo

Why does this guy have Sergio on his shirt? I get that Guti and Raul do this along with many Spaniards when they have a common surname like Hernandez or Gonzalez. But Busquets isn't very common, why does he have to do it?

Aasim

Bumbleman
dont get too excited here.
it was his first great match in weeks or maybe months..

Not really. He's been consistantly solid. He does stuff you dont see. Its just that when he makes one mistake, everyone is onto him.

Yaya this season has been really sloppy. There's been like 3 games where he has rocked the match but Busi has done it many more times.

I understand people dont like Sergio because he dives but that can be erased with time. Pep will sort him out.

Why does this guy have Sergio on his shirt? I get that Guti and Raul do this along with many Spaniards when they have a common surname like Hernandez or Gonzalez. But Busquets isn't very common, why does he have to do it?

Sergio is more metro ;)

S

Super Pippo

It's not at all though, when I play I have the good grace to follow convention and have "Giambastia 69" on my back. This dick should do the same.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Hey, dont call him a dick.

Did Raul and Guti have their first names because their seconds were common? i didn't know that.

I don't know why Busquets doesn't have his second name on his shirt. I don't know. But there must be a reason. Maybe he just wants to set a trend.

Son/father thing?

Could be but they played for Barca a few years apart though..

S

Super Pippo

Yeah its a thing in Spain, since many people have the same surname like Gonzalez, Fernandez, Hernandez, Alonso etc, players with those surnames tend to use their first name instead. So its not Gonzalez, Hernandez and Alonso, but Raul, Xavi and Xabi. Though Guti made up his own convention for a while by adding "Haz" to his shirt name. But he is a maricon.

Anyway, point is Busquets does not require it, and its causing needless confusion with him using Sergio.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
I red somewhere that it was his own choice due to the respect for his mother's family and that at the begining he wanted to put Sergio B (as his mothers last name starst with B too so that d represent both last names) but then left only Sergio ... dunno, maybe he has some deeper family issues ... wired like he is :)

This looks like brazilian shirts and all the nicks (but that's understandable as some of them have 4 last names there + most of them r same like the spanish ones :))

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
lost the ball only once or twice...

Yet one of those led to a goal... I understand he still needs to mature, but how many errors does he need to learn?

About "shaking the refs hand" incident, it was not clever at all, he could have gotten a second yellow, he had to walk at least 30 meters to get to the ref, it's not like he was standing next to him... That's what irks me about Busquets he has the habit of "staining" his good performances...

BarcaOG

Banned
for all his antics on the field, i for one think that busquets is a very good player. sure he makes mistakes but who doesnt-i see him contribute more than harm week in and week out. a favourite of mine.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
As I read before, he showed why he's keeping Yaya on the bench. I know some of you have to be noticing those SEXYYYYY ass turns he does, Xavi style -> he's making improvement. Anyone of you seen Yaya take something from Xavi?
Let's not talk about his performance today, he was close to making some assists aswell with his sexy ass passing! Very firstleg against Arsenal esque performance.

In about 2 seasons, I think we'll have one of the best DMs in the world.

zanela

As I read before, he showed why he's keeping Yaya on the bench. I know some of you have to be noticing those SEXYYYYY ass turns he does, Xavi style -> he's making improvement. Anyone of you seen Yaya take something from Xavi?

Yaya and sergio are diff type of DMs. Sergio is a canterano. He is more skillful just like all our other youth players. So he'll make those Xavi esque moves. Yaya won't, just like Sergio won't dribble past the midfield and score a cracker like in the Copa final. All these comparisons are pointless.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer

He was asked nicely by the club management not to remind them with the name Busquets due to the painful memory every cule endured

I mean it's like being a Southampton fan and naming your son Ali Dia and try to enroll him in the club, they would never take him

Home of Barca Fans