Samuel Umtiti

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is he fast? Excuse me for saying this, but how France defended against Germany today (French defenders hardly left France's penalty box and France's half) is very different from how we defend against most teams since we usually have a high line in the back and our defenders spend a lot of time chasing players from the opposing team when they play counters against us.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Is he fast? Excuse me for saying this, but how France defended against Germany today (French defenders hardly left France's penalty box and France's half) is very different from how we defend against most teams since we usually have a high line in the back and our defenders spend a lot of time chasing players from the opposing team when they play counters against us.

he looked fast carrying the ball forward for France a couple of times so I assume he has above average speed at least

BigBarcaBoy

Impressed yesterday, a lot to ask to debut for your national team at such a key point of the tournament, looked composed and has good positional awareness

Jaguar

Flair Trait
25 Million+Variables.

25M fixed...

He's faster than Masch and Pique so it shouldn't be an issue, and also important to note his is strength.

Wick

I thought he had an okay match against Iceland, but man was he good against Germany. We'll have to see how he does in our system, but he has all the tools to succeed. Wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a starter in the 2017/2018 season.

zanela

Gomez being a tall striker --> Deschamps preferring a tall CB in Rami.

With his height and threat in the air gone, he might dump Rami lol.

Yes, that's what I figured initially. But I'm perplexed at the above reasoning, because you all claimed he's aerially dominant despite his stature and justified it by posting stats/graphs and such. So for Deschamps, who obviously watches the player more up close in training, to choose Umtiti only because of Gomez's absence is vote of no confidence to the former's aerial game.

Now it's either one of three cases
- It was a mere rumour,
- Deschamps' wrong in his evaluation
- His aerial stats are misleading.
I just hope we haven't bought a relatively taller Masch, who shares the same weakness as him. I was expecting an upgrade. :messi:

Home of Barca Fans