Samuel Umtiti

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is just awful.

Most of his game was based around his athleticism and with that gone so is his career at this level.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Horrendous positioning on the goal. He is capable of only just jogging back with his finished knees. We need to bring in another CB and sell him.

xXKonan

He's so easy to beat now.

Just wait for him to push up and exploit the space. He cannot turn nor run quickly enough after he gets beaten even if the guy is two steps ahead of him. there are times where he just doesn't even attempt to chase the guy back down he just gives up and has to be bailed out either by the LB or Stegen or one of the Midfielders.

it amazes me how this guy is still our 3rd CB still.

DonAK

Yeah,and it happened just right after we renewed him :banghead:

At this point I just want a new board and management and a complete rebuild. I don't really care anymore about who we sign or who we hire until all the older players and broken players are gone.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
From Umtitan to Bumtiti. Fucking tragedy what happened to him since the knee injury. He was woeful today and on the 1st goal had a textbook David Luiz style action.

And I read someone say he wasn't that fast before and I couldn't disagree more. He was very fast and athletic as a CB, covered a lot of space behind Alba back in the day. Athleticism wise he was one of the best CB's but his anticipation and authority/confidence in defending was great too.

Being injured that badly not only ruins a player's physical abilities but even technical/mental aspect can decline heavily as they become more disillusioned, frustrated, as well as him losing a ton of rhythm from missing so much time in training and games.

He was supposed to be our CB for the next decade and played like an absolute monster his first 1.5 years until he got injured. One of the biggest unfortunate L's in recent memory

Andrew M

I'm not convinced his miserable showings are solely down to his knee problems.

There are clear deficiencies in his decision making

DonAK

I'm not convinced his miserable showings are solely down to his knee problems.

There are clear deficiencies in his decision making

Those existed before too. Difference now is that he cannot recover and save his own ass.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Injured players also decline in their mental/technical aspect. Just look at Fernando Torres. To be an elite player amongst the best in the world you really have to be in a state where you're in the "zone".

Getting frustrated, losing rhythm, doubting yourself or just being disillusioned are all things that come with injuries, especially one that has wrecked someone as hard as Umtiti's knees have done him.

The knee is a precursor to all these things, sad that some have forgotten just how dominant he was beforehand. Straight up carried our defense time and time again especially in many of the biggest and most important games. Even games we lost badly like Supercopa to RM, Umtiti was singlehandedly doing everything possible in defense and played great. He was touted as a top 1-2 CB in the world by many, and even in this forum you can see that he wasn't just our best defender but amongst the very highest in the MOTM ratings game after game.

Home of Barca Fans