Romelu Lukaku

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Lukaku_Def-Garage-H_500px.jpg

Beeeeeeeeeeast

I am guessing he's about 27 years old tbh.

Galning

He's born in Belgium.. if you would watch some of his interviews you can clearly hear he's still a teenager.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's clearly a kid, you can see it in his face.

Chelsea really stockpiling up-front it seems! Torres, Drogba, Lukaku, Anelka and Sturridge. smells like 442 to me.

zanela

[youtube]yzALQlUCh1g[/youtube]

Lukaku is a monstrous battering-ram type #09 striker.I haven't seen any ball-on-ground skill from him, but he's brilliant at outmuscling defenders and scoring headers. I'd say he's a terrible fit for Barca, but in a counter-attacking team that plays the long ball more often and is strong in set pieces, he would be top scorer. Still with hype you really can't tell how he'll develop. He has just as high a chance of becoming the next Heskey as he does the next Drogba.

If his game is found lacking in skills and technique, he's no Drogba and 'll never be. Physique and race alone don't justify the comparisons.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If his game is found lacking in skills and technique, he's no Drogba and 'll never be. Physique and race alone don't justify the comparisons.

I never quite understood the hype on him...I see him as a hit/miss kind of prospect...He has some intangibles that distinguish him but is also lacking a few as well...Could be an ideal place for him to continue his development and being able to play with someone like Drogba can only help

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well we have Drogba(33) and Anelka(33) and now Lukaku(18) and Sturridge(22) as replacements really, though I do see Sturridge playing regularly this year, he's going to have his breakout season I reckon.

Raspberry

Love how now he's joining Chelsea people are saying things like "it's all hype" and "his technique isn't very good" etc etc. Just LOL.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Love how now he's joining Chelsea people are saying things like "it's all hype" and "his technique isn't very good" etc etc. Just LOL.

I know, right?

HE'S EIGHTEEN, YOU IDIOTS. you know what Drogba was doing at EIGHTEEN? he was still in the youth team of Le Mans in the French Second Division!

this kid is gonna be ridiculous. in fact Chelsea is probably the 2nd best place for him (the best would be following Mourinho around). his hero is Drogba, and Drogba has made him a Chelsea fan, so now he's playing for his favourite club alongside his idol... I mean, this is great for him. he'll learn so much from Drogba as well.

personally I'm disappointed, because I don't much care for Chelsea. but I'm happy for the player and for Chelsea fans (which include my cousin), because this is a good move.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
And what's even better is that he said he's going to be alright not playing heaps of games because he believes he needs a full season to adjust before he's able to challenge for a first team place. He'll play some games, but this is a season of adjustment and learning for him, and learning from Drogba(who seems like a very good mentor, he's helped out a number of players who've come to the club) will be excellent for him.

Home of Barca Fans