Romelu Lukaku

ivan22

he indeed seems to be very mature for his age. very calm and down to earth. That realy surprised me because most of these strong, young black players have an ego about to explode. looking forward to him, although I dont like chelsea it seems like a good place for him. he will become a machine, I'm sure!

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
Physical monster but his technical game is non-existent. very poor first touch, not a good header, not even a very good finisher. Creates chances purely on speed and power and is a nightmare to play against because of that, but he is simply not good enough for Chelsea. If he was 5 years older nobody would even notice him.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
If he was 5 years older he'd probably be a lot better player than he is now too. He could flop massively, he could turn out awesome, I guess we'll find out.

Muse23

He is going to be awesome. Ha speed and quite a good technique already (don't know why haters say otherwise), but his heading and first touches can improve. Where else to improve that besides your idol in your favorite team? If that doesn't motivate him, I don't know what will. He'll be top already in january I guess

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
He is going to be awesome. Ha speed and quite a good technique already (don't know why haters say otherwise), but his heading and first touches can improve. Where else to improve that besides your idol in your favorite team? If that doesn't motivate him, I don't know what will. He'll be top already in january I guess

I'm not sure he'll get a chance straight away.. They've got Drogba, Torres and Sturridge..

Abaddon

If he was 5 years older he'd probably be a lot better player than he is now too. He could flop massively, he could turn out awesome, I guess we'll find out.
Doubtful. Usually that's true because youngsters will physically mature and get better mentally, become more consistent, react better to pressure, things like that. The toughest part to improve as you get older is the technical aspect, and guess what the worst part of his game is?

He is going to be awesome. Ha speed and quite a good technique already (don't know why haters say otherwise)
:lol:

He does not have good technique, not even close. Horrendous first touch and very poor shooting technique. I guess you failed to see beyond the occasional stepovers he does.

Muse23

He does not have good technique, not even close. Horrendous first touch and very poor shooting technique. I guess you failed to see beyond the occasional stepovers he does.
If you had read the rest, you would've seen that I said that his first touch could be much better yeah. His shooting technique was already much much better towards the end of last season, I'm assuming he will improve it at Chelsea. So stop hating and start believing :p.

@Vivaunited: By top I mean will already have learned alot and could be on the bench, but he will be a better and more complete player by then. Then it's up to the coach to decide who plays. And of course, Lukaku is a long term project. He won't be mad if he doesn't play a lot this season, he knows he isn't first choice and wants to learn

Abaddon

If you had read the rest, you would've seen that I said that his first touch could be much better yeah. His shooting technique was already much much better towards the end of last season, I'm assuming he will improve it at Chelsea. So stop hating and start believing :p.
I don't hate him at all, especially now that he left Anderlecht. Dude has a fantastic mentally and works very hard on his game. I just have my doubts as to whether he'll ever be good enough for a team like Chelsea. He's a long way from being the new Drogba. But I wish him all the best.

El Gato

Villarato!
Chelsea really stockpiling up-front it seems! Torres, Drogba, Lukaku, Anelka and Sturridge. smells like 442 to me.

I'd dig Drogba meeting up with Mou to move to Real even if it was for 2 years max. It'd give that shithead Neymar time to sign with whoever offers biggest wages, say PSG, maybe Juve.

Plus Drogba wouldn't cry for playing time with the wages he would've probably gotten.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
13 goals in 26 EPL matches this season. He wants to stay another season at West Brom but I've heard Chelsea want him back. If we want him back, alongside Ba and after the sale of Torres(I hope) we shouldn't sign someone like Falcao or Cavani, cause then it'd be totally pointless bringing him back to rot on the bench again. We should sign a solid but not overly expensive striker, or use Feruz as backup. Though I wonder if Lukaku will fit in with these AM's we have considering he's more of a Drogba style battering ram, which the club seem to be trying to get away from?

It'll be interesting to see what lies ahead for him. If we sign a big name striker we should loan him again.

Home of Barca Fans