RM's next manager/coach (Infos, debates, etc.)

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
No one thinks Benitez is the solution besides Perez and his fucked up board :rofl1:

To be fair, amongs anyone that could sign now, they will all be a downgrade compared to Carlo IMO.

True, firing Carletto was idiotic. You'd think they would have learned by now after sacking VdB back in 2003.

Bertus

True, firing Carletto was idiotic. You'd think they would have learned by now after sacking VdB back in 2003.
What do we expect from Perez who replied "I don't know" when asked why he was sacking Carlo anyways? :lol:

It seems that even perez realizes his own decisions don't make sense. Surreal.

Morten

Richard Norling should be available pretty soon, those who are Norwegians/sweedish here probably knows what im talkin about.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He won zero trophies this season, some of you guys sound too surprised. It's Real Madrid.
Look what happened to Tata (also a gentleman) after one season with only SuperCopa.
We're not THAT different.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tata decided to leave himself in February though, was just waiting for the season to end. Cuenca's comments all but confirmed it.

bismp

He won zero trophies this season, some of you guys sound too surprised. It's Real Madrid.
Look what happened to Tata (also a gentleman) after one season with only SuperCopa.
It is not exactly the same.Carlo won the decima just one year back.Also,RM's dressing room is reportedly just fine,while last year everything was messed up with us

Bertus

Tata didn't win a CL just a season ago.

A CL they waited for more than 10 years.

ceefoo

They want to aim for La Liga title next year. And they think Benitez could do it. They don't really care if Fans will probably dislike how Benitez does things, and his defensive tactics.

All they want is to win La Liga next year.
Surely the appointment of Benitez would point to a focus on European triumph over La Liga? Not since his Valencia days (over 10 years ago) has he won a league title. He came close in 2008-09 with Liverpool, but Rafa's reputation is largely built on his Cup success, suggesting to me that RM are prioritising "undécimo".

Morten

Surely the appointment of Benitez would point to a focus on European triumph over La Liga? Not since his Valencia days (over 10 years ago) has he won a league title. He came close in 2008-09 with Liverpool, but Rafa's reputation is largely built on his Cup success, suggesting to me that RM are prioritising "undécimo".

Carlo is also a cup-coach, just a better one. So we replaced a cup coach with an inferior cup coach, well done.

Bertus

Just reporting what Hermel said. Never said it makes sense.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Yes, but they may think his Liga wins with Valencia show that he knows how to win La Liga. But his Valencia only hot something like 75 points. So it is not the full picture.

goope

Tata decided to leave himself in February though, was just waiting for the season to end. Cuenca's comments all but confirmed it.

Source? What comment?

Also are you sarcastic? "decided to leave in February"
I remember that was the time when he stopped following his own successful way of direct attacking football (which is now the reason Lucho is so successful) and following Xavi's orders to keep on passing sideways until messi tries to break a 6-8 men defense on his own - which surprisingly failed

F

Flavia

Source? What comment?

Also are you sarcastic? "decided to leave in February"
I remember that was the time when he stopped following his own successful way of direct attacking football (which is now the reason Lucho is so successful) and following Xavi's orders to keep on passing sideways until messi tries to break a 6-8 men defense on his own - which surprisingly failed

AK is right. You'll probably find cuencas quotes if you search for them on google. Tata also said after he left he gave up too soon. He couldn't get used to the entorno, the pressure, anything.

Home of Barca Fans