Renato Sanches

Riordon

Looked like he has found himself again at Lille, been really good past couple of weeks.

Profilewise he has a great profile, reminds me a bit of Modric. Can defend, can go forward, can penetrate, can run a lot etc. These complete type of CM are so rare these days.

Interesting if he can keep this up

Messi983

He's one of those players who made a jump to a big club too soon when they were not ready. Also had some injury problems. But the talent is evidently there and he could still have a very good career and earn a move to another big club in a year or two. We should keep an eye on him.

From a few Lille games I've watched this season he was used all over the midfield, even as a RW in some games.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's found his level. He's too bad of a passer to make it at an elite club. He's great at carrying the ball and running with it forward.

Portuguese Moussa Sissoko.

Devils

Stunning resurgence.

Was class against France today.

Maybe worth a look for Barca. Definitely has that midfield 'steel' we have been missing.

We may just make it.

:wow:

Barcilliant

Some players just look great for their national teams. Sanches appears to be one of those.
I'm skeptical about him being a success here.

Andresito

Staff member
Must praise him and his agents, managers etc, to accept the decision to leave Bayern permanently for Lille. Not many players would do that. It revived his career and shows that he's a very ambitious player.

Yannik

Must praise him and his agents, managers etc, to accept the decision to leave Bayern permanently for Lille. Not many players would do that. It revived his career and shows that he's a very ambitious player.

I don't think he really had that much of an option. There wasn't any big or even semi big team in for him, Lille was about the level of clubs that were realistically interested and willing to pay. Glad that it worked out for him.

Andresito

Staff member
I don't think he really had that much of an option. There wasn't any big or even semi big team in for him, Lille was about the level of clubs that were realistically interested and willing to pay. Glad that it worked out for him.

He could've stayed at Bayern couldn't he? Umtiti style.

Birdy

Barca should definitely look at him this summer.

He is the 'Wiladum-type' that Koeman wanted, albeit many years younger.

He is not the NT-only player people make him to be. Had a great season at Lille.

Andresito

Staff member
Barca should definitely look at him this summer.

He is the 'Wiladum-type' that Koeman wanted, albeit many years younger.

He is not the NT-only player people make him to be. Had a great season at Lille.

Lille are pretty good at getting good money for their players. Always a fair amount above their market values. Renato's is at 30m at the moment and will probably rise.

Home of Barca Fans