Phil Foden

BerkeleyBernie

Showed up again today with 2 goals through a box crowded with 10 men playing behind the ball and with little opening. He's a great finisher on a team of great finishers. Picks his spot and almost always puts it where he wants, with blistering pace, too. Most players who try to blast it that hard miss far more often than they put it on target.

BerkeleyBernie

Showed up again today with 2 goals in the derby. World class player, game after game. When he shoots, he almost always puts it on target. Don't get the haters here. He's certainly miles better than anyone on the current Barca squad (though Yamal has the potential).

M3ls

Disagree absolutely. Foden is a huge talent.

First, he has brilliant technique and great ball control.
Secondly, he is physically strong, despite the fact that he does not have large dimensions. Works well with the body and stands well on its feet.
Thirdly, the quality of his passes is at a very high level.
Fourth, his dribbling is fine, although he rarely uses it.

Fifthly, his movement without the ball both in attack and defense is also at a good level.

Sixth, he is good at finishing. He has a good set shot.

If I were offered Foden instead of Pedri and Gavi, I would definitely go for this exchange.
easy

gregorrin10

Showed up again today with 2 goals in the derby. World class player, game after game. When he shoots, he almost always puts it on target. Don't get the haters here. He's certainly miles better than anyone on the current Barca squad (though Yamal has the potential).

Miles better? Please. Pedri would look exactly like that, if not even better in that team, under Pep. Creatively he's better (would most likely be on par with KDB's passes if he played under Pep for as long as Foden has). And he'd most likely develop his shooting skills as well, unlike Xavi who tells his players not to shoot. And this is me not even hating on Foden, who is a great player, top 3 English along with Kane and Bellingham for sure. But it's also true that environment counts a lot.

M3ls

Miles better? Please. Pedri would look exactly like that, if not even better in that team, under Pep. Creatively he's better (would most likely be on par with KDB's passes if he played under Pep for as long as Foden has). And he'd most likely develop his shooting skills as well, unlike Xavi who tells his players not to shoot. And this is me not even hating on Foden, who is a great player, top 3 English along with Kane and Bellingham for sure. But it's also true that environment counts a lot.
I swear he wouldn't. Pedri is much worse from a physics point of view. He's slow. His dribbling is bad. In the final third he is less aggressive. He poses little threat to goal. His shots are weak. He moves worse without the ball on the half-flanks inside and outside the penalty area.

I have listed the skills in which Foden is superior to Pedri.

M3ls

Perhaps Pedri could lay claim to Stones' role in Guardiola's current system. But I think Stones would be Pep's first choice.

Andresito

Staff member
Great career so far. Would get a further upswing if he won something with England.
Already at 16 trophies at 23.

Great player and often good in the big games.

Andresito

Staff member
"Phil Foden has now scored as many Premier League hat-tricks as Frank Lampard, Cristiano Ronaldo and Didier Drogba (3). He already has more Premier League titles than each of them."

Going to end up a PL legend for sure.

Home of Barca Fans