Phil Foden

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Doku should be coming for Grealish's place. Alvarez just behind Haaland. Foden on right.

Bernardo on right in big games and Foden on bench. Absolute crystal that Pep doesn't fancy Foden much. Neither does Southgate.

fergus90

Simply because KDB and Bernardo are missing and they hadn’t replaced Mahrez .
With Bernardo fit plus Doku there he will be back as super sub
Mahrez was bottom of that pecking order anyway. Never worked hard enough without the ball.

Quite often why Silva would be there on the big games, because despite fairly low G/A numbers he will work like crazy off the ball.

Jenks

Doku should be coming for Grealish's place. Alvarez just behind Haaland. Foden on right.

Bernardo on right in big games and Foden on bench. Absolute crystal that Pep doesn't fancy Foden much. Neither does Southgate.
In the biggest game in the club's history he brought on Foden over Alvarez and Mahrez.

Zidane82

Doubt Pep starts Doku on wing and Bernardo at AM more than plays Foden until KDB back.

Will be Haaland and then Foden and/or Alvarez with him.

Silva doesnt score or assist enough to play that AM role wouldnt think.
Bernardo and Gund were possibly the two most important players after Haaland and Diaz last season

Xtroverto

He's overrated just like Pedri because his player profile and style is very much in fashion. In so many years, he still isn't a starter for City. A genius like Pep still doesn't know what his ideal position is.

Foden is an absolute fraud. Stockport Iniesta they said. Hahaha.

Grealish and Maddison are clear.

Foden winning trophies is like Alvarez winning everything. No one cares. :lol:

Foden plays in the best squad and possibly the best midfield ever assembled in English football. He has ballon d'or level players left and right to compete with. Iniesta had to compete with Deco, Van Bommel and Edmison for a place in the starting eleven when Barsa won CL i 2006. Non of those three were world beaters the likes of Kevin de Bruyne, Bernardo Silva and Gundogan. Even Grealish I rate a better footballer the either of the midfielders in Barsa 2006 team. In fact Foden often has to play in attack since there is no room for him in midfield, quite similar how Rijkaard used to play Iniesta when there simply wasn't any room for him in midfield. Iniesta only made it into the starting eleven after Van Bommel left for Bayern.

Temptation

Foden plays in the best squad and possibly the best midfield ever assembled in English football. He has ballon d'or level player left and right to compete with. Iniesta had to compete with Deco, Van Bommel and Edmison for a place in starting eleven when Barsa won CL i 2006. Non of those three were world beaters the likes of Kevin de Bruyne, Bernardo Silva and Gundogan. Even Grealish I rate a better footballer the either of the midfielders in Barsa 2006 team. In fact Foden often has to play in attack since there is no room for him in midfield, quite similar how Rijkaard used to play Iniesta when there simply wasn't any room for him in midfield. Iniesta only made it into the starting eleven after Van Bommel left for Bayern.
In 2006, Iniesta wasn't world class or close to it.

He was rated as a legendary player after he hit his peak and had that body of work behind him.

I'll happily eat my words and give Foden his flowers when he proves it.

So far he hasn't and I'm not just gonna assume he'll have a Xavi Iniesta type trajectory which is a culmination of many factors simultaneously and very rare.

Xtroverto

Foden made the Ballon d'or shortlist in 2021 and 2022 at 21 and 22 years of age. Iniesta only made the shortlist in 2009 age 25 after winning the treble when he finished 4th. I really think calling him the Stockport Iniesta isn't all nonsense even if they are actually different as footballers.

Zidane82

Bernardo was fit to play again today .,Foden went back to the bench as I predicted

Docu will take the right wing .. Grealish has the left wing nailed down .. he plays there for all the big games and the majority of the others

Then if they buy another top rated midfielder as seems likely then Foden stays as sub

That’s not even counting KDB

Zidane82

Foden wasn't even meant to travel, because he's been out all week with illness. But you knew that already...
Yet he did travel , sat on the bench until they were chasing the victory.. then he came on and looked as sprightly as ever .. but you knew that ..

JamDav1982

He was ill days before and sat on bench if needed him.. hence why came on as soon as went 1-1.

Was involved in winner.

The fact they even had him on bench and took him on as soon as looked like would drop points shows what they think of him.

fergus90

He set up Alvarez instantly who missed a sitter. Foden is 23 and already played more than 200 games for City. He’s important.

Always bags me decent points in FPL too.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Paranormal Phil the 👻. So it was just a coincidence that as soon as Silva was fit, he is back on the bench as many here predicted ?

They were struggling to score. If he was going to start why not bring him on at half time. Or is it one of those ' illnesses' that allow you to only play 5 minutes and not 45? They brought him on because they wanted an extra attacker on as had little time left to win the game.

Is he also ill when he gets called up for England? As soon as Pep realised he would have to use him all season as a starter, he shat himself and went out and bought a winger.

That's what Pep thinks of him. Southgate the same. His managers just don't rate him, is crystal clear to anyone looking objectively.

Temptation

Paranormal Phil the 👻. So it was just a coincidence that as soon as Silva was fit, he is back on the bench as many here predicted ?

They were struggling to score. If he was going to start why not bring him on at half time. Or is it one of those ' illnesses' that allow you to only play 5 minutes and not 45? They brought him on because they wanted an extra attacker on as had little time left to win the game.

Is he also ill when he gets called up for England? As soon as Pep realised he would have to use him all season as a starter, he shat himself and went out and bought a winger.

That's what Pep thinks of him. Southgate the same. His managers just don't rate him, is crystal clear to anyone looking objectively.

Pep rates him. Just not enough to start him in the biggest games. The reason is that Phil is overrated af. Quality player but nowhere near World Class.

This is why rating players solely on trophies is a joke.

He remained the same player he was a few years back. He used to great for his age but now he's approaching his peak years.

Home of Barca Fans