Paulinho

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Reading bits of that interview and he comes across as a very sympathetic guy and someone who would give his all for the club unlike a certain other player.

I don't think he should be a starter for this club and his fee might still be too much, but there's no doubt Paulinho will fight for the shirt whether it's playing 90, 45 or 5 minutes.

I respect that a lot.

Neeraj

I agree. Paulinho has come in and showed heart . Something Slowmes didn't do. Let's not get to Rakitic.

Also, people here talking about style? What are we even talking about? With Rakitic, Iniesta and Busi, do you really think we play in Barca style? I hope not, cause it's some of the worst looking football you'll see in Europe. We haven't played in 'Barca style' in a very long time. It's more similar to a LVG Man United style than the true 'Barca style'.

Keeping this in mind, I don't care about him being a starter if he improves our team. HOWEVER, I do believe he shouldn't be a starter yet, because I think the shape and midfield hole might get bigger when he's out of position, or messes up a first touch, etc. I'd like to see a lot more consistent quality from him before I want him starting. But it's definitely not because he isn't our 'style', whatever that means currently.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It would be if he didn't cost 40mil.

Btw. Now it's explained why we were after him in the first place.

El Flaco

The entire interview Paulinho made with El Periódico

[tw]913852367367495683[/tw]

Quotes from Barcaspiral

- Paulinho: "I was getting ready to take a free kick against Argentina. Suddenly, I saw Messi behind me getting closer bit by bit."

- Paulinho: "He asked me 'Are we going to Barcelona or not?' I said, ‘If you want to bring me there, I'm ready. Take me.' He was impressed."

- Paulinho: "My life has always been a challenge, and football without challenges is not football. I've learned to never stop focusing."

- Paulinho: "I exchanged shirts after the game and we talked. I was nervous."

Paulinho has already developed the best on-the-pitch chemistry with Messi out of anyone on our team, that's great, but it's probably more sad than anything. It just further highlights our lack of options going forward.

If Messi wanted him, then Paulinho must have something special indeed.
He seems a decent player who gives his heart in the field. When a player does that you can't hate him.

MagIX

I did not see enough him playing before his transfer to barca, so I can't really judge him
But for what I saw until now (and having read so many negative opinions about him), I am positively impressed.
Physically strong , very good header, good skill, good connection with Messi.
We needed players who can win duels with their physical power :weakbench:(we have enough light weights).
Let's see how he will improve and adapt.

Devils

Paulinho sounds like a top lad. Sad to hear about all the abuse he suffered as a youngster. No kid should experience that.

Hope he has many successes with us and lifts all the trophies. Long live the Chinese Dragon!

Home of Barca Fans