Neymar vs Suarez:Better season

Who has had a better season?

• Neymar

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Suarez

Votes: 49 57.6%

• Total voters

Obiaseti

Didn't vote because I think they both had great seasons. Besides in my opinion they have a different set of strengths and demands. I think what I'd like to see is even better chemistry between the two. They both share great chemistry with Leo (Neymar slightly better since he's been here longer), and I'd like them to develop the same level of understanding with each other which I think will happen naturally next season. Having said that, their interplay has definitely come a good way from the beginning of the season and I'm pleased with the progress.:neymar::suarez1:

Barcalove

Banned
so ? you can take away two goals or assists, suarez still leads. And neymar has had the chance to shoot two penalties, and scores many more easy tap-ins than suarez.

No, you cant take goals away because they arent unintentionals

And no, suarez missed sooooo much in the beginning of the season, and still misses some, can you remember a cross that he headed in the GK when the Gk were on the floor? Or even recently, he missed against bayern first leg, missed against sevilla with an open goal with no gk.

fcbdna

Banned
Suarez has better stats than both neymar and eto'o. And disregarding stats (as people should seriously learn to do imo), neymar is a better dribbler than suarez and that's it. Neymar's ceiling is higher but suarez had the better season, there is simply less to criticize about his game.

:tata::bartomeu::mou::VdB:

So you hear pupils, disregard hard facts and follow what you think is right.

:tata::bartomeu::mou::VdB:

So you hear pupils, disregard hard facts and follow what you think is right.
i hope you'll eat a well deserved ban now

[MENTION=19867]Barcalove[/MENTION] Suarez and ney both missed around as many chances (i'm not keeping count mind you). I'm not discounting tap in goals, but they're nothing special either. 37 goals and 6 assist just isn't objectively better than 24 goals and 20 assist (with less playing time too). And neymar's all around game is weaker than suarez' as well.

Both are fine players, all i'm saying is: it's pointless to use stats to find a clear winner here, the difference is too thin. Maybe you didn't do that but that buffoon above sure did.

Edit; seeing how you're biased towards neymar there is no point to discussing things further. Like where did i say neymar had been the most wasteful ? Nowhere. But saying Suarez has been worse in this regard is not true either. Ney missed his faire share of chances, hell even messi did this season.

Last edited:

Barcalove

Banned

[MENTION=19867]Barcalove[/MENTION] Suarez and ney both missed around as many chances (i'm not keeping count mind you). I'm not discounting tap in goals, but they're nothing special either. 37 goals and 6 assist just isn't objectively better than 24 goals and 20 assist (with less playing time too). And neymar's all around game is weaker than suarez' as well.

Both are fine players, all i'm saying is: it's pointless to use stats to find a clear winner here, the difference is too thin. Maybe you didn't do that but that buffoon above sure did.

Edit; seeing how you're biased towards neymar there is no point to discussing things further. Like where did i say neymar had been the most wasteful ? Nowhere. But saying Suarez has been worse in this regard is not true either. Ney missed his faire share of chances, hell even messi did this season.
Thats not even the point, the point was that Suarez also has A LOT of chances being created for him, as many or even more than neymar, you cant simply use 2 matches to judge an entire SEASON, neymar has the higher accuracy stats and generally is more distant to the goal than Suarez.

And no, not all assists are valuable, like i said, suarez has many assists that were a side pass outside the box, or even unintentionals, that arent really a good way to simply put G+A, even cristiano ronaldo have a large number of assists, he even got an assist after a pass to marcelo outside the box, were marcelo shot in the right angle in schalke match.

And why would i be biased? Im a barça fan not a neymar, what about you?

BerkeleyBernie

neymar has the higher accuracy stats and generally is more distant to the goal than Suarez.

Exactly. Suarez plays with back to goal marked by two centerbacks. Neymar sneaks in from the wing, often unmarked. Suarez has the more difficult task, few in the world can execute it as well as he can.

JamDav1982

Exactly. Suarez plays with back to goal marked by two centerbacks. Neymar sneaks in from the wing, often unmarked. Suarez has the more difficult task, few in the world can execute it as well as he can.

Neymar loses his marker and reads the game very well off the ball, it is a huge strength of his.

No other wide player at Barca bar Messi has done that.

They are both exceptional no need to try and down play either of them.

Barcalove

Banned
Yea thats why regulars players like Benzema and Chicharito have so few goals and assists and Pedro,Henry,Sanchez,Affelay,Munir,Villa,Bale scored so many goals..

oh wait
Benzema goal or assist every 93 min
Chicharito every 99 min

Barcalove

Banned
Neymar loses his marker and reads the game very well off the ball, it is a huge strength of his.

No other wide player at Barca bar Messi has done that.

They are both exceptional no need to try and down play either of them.
Nah, those amateurs coachs who dont understand anything about football, often forget about the poor neymar, who sits on the pitchs and wait till someone pass for him

Barcalove

Banned
Why costa didnt make the top 3 last year? The guy scored 35 goals in ucl + liga in the mighty CF position, even marked by 3-4 players because of the defensive style of tugletico

G

Gasgas

Suarez missed plenty in the start of the season

Barcalove

Banned
This is the average score of our players through the entire season, voted by registered fans after every match in the official Barcelona website.
Sem_t_tulo.jpg

stats stats stats stats. I'm out. You may be a barça fan barcalove, but you're biased as fuck for neymar. Just look how upset you get debating this. Its alright though.

Barcalove

Banned
stats stats stats stats. I'm out. You may be a barça fan barcalove, but you're biased as fuck for neymar. Just look how upset you get debating this. Its alright though.
Why would i be biased towards neymar? is that the answer to every people who rates him high? are all the people who voted him in the matchs biased too? but why would they choose neymar over Suarez? i dont think anyone would be biased by a guy who have a history of diving and cheating

Home of Barca Fans