Neymar vs Suarez:Better season

Who has had a better season?

• Neymar

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Suarez

Votes: 49 57.6%

• Total voters

Catalan Fan

I was pretty disappointed when we signed Suarez.His conduct had been disgraceful and I thought it was a big gamble to take him on.His biting episodes plus the racist claims against him seriously put me off him signing for Barca.

It just felt wrong, from a moral point of view.But he's behaved so far on the pitch, so maybe he's learnt his lesson ? Time will tell I guess.He's like Ronaldo for me, top class player but can't bring myself to actually like the guy.

That said, he's been pivotal in Barca challenging for the treble this season.

fcbdna

Banned
Hard to explain what rationale/factors influence the decisions of most here.
I do have a hint though albeit controversial. . . So won't be saying what.
However, lets put somethings into consideration.
Its easy for anyone to say, Oh! look Neymar played more games.
Well if that's the case Ronaldo played less games than Messi and scored more goals.
However, Messi is the better player. So that's not even a credible argument.
Judging by the stats below, without an iota of a doubt it is apparently obvious Neymar had a better season!
Suarez's stats getting dwarfed here.

3s5D9jD.png

Last edited:
Judging by the stats below

That's the key sentence for me. I have no idea how this site calculates the "attack score" and all this stuff. And these are only liga numbers. Stats also say that Suarez has 1 more G+A than neymar (44 to 43) with about 350 less minutes played. So there is really nothing obvious.

Last edited:

Barcalove

Banned
A funny thing is that neymar has 49 Chances created and suarez has 55, but neymar only have 6 assists while Suarez has 14 in la Liga, what is the flaw in that stats?, what really are chances created?

serghei

A funny thing is that neymar has 49 Chances created and suarez has 55, but neymar only have 6 assists while Suarez has 14 in la Liga, what is the flaw in that stats?, what really are chances created?

An assist is not necessarily the key pass in a sequence that ends with a goal.

Tiny Kim

Both have a successful season. Stat-wise, Neymar has a better season. But in my opinion, all things considered, Suarez slightly edges it. Next season would probably be a better time to compare their performances.

Autumn

I don't think you guys are remembering the season very clearly at all. Both were very disappointing for many games this season, completely undeserving of their starting position for weeks at a time. A few recent goals and the treble opportunity have clouded your memories I think.

Neymar has been the worse of the two. Suarez may play poorly often, but he at least still plays smart when he's playing poorly. Neymar's pointless holding up of play, seemingly complete lack of vision at times, dangerous dispossessions in midfield positions, and endless missed shots from easy scoring chances are just too much to deal with.

The other problem with Neymar is that I think he's far more Messi-dependant than Suarez is. I think Suarez could function well in our team if Messi were injured, but I think Neymar would suffer hugely.

Looking forward, I think Suarez is the most promising for next season as he's shown the most development over the past 7 months. Neymar really needs to get things together this summer.

M

monamou

Neymar is the obvious choice. He suprassed Eto'os best season statistically. I'm suprised Suarez is leading by 10 votes

Neymar is the obvious choice. He suprassed Eto'os best season statistically. I'm suprised Suarez is leading by 10 votes

Suarez has better stats than both neymar and eto'o. And disregarding stats (as people should seriously learn to do imo), neymar is a better dribbler than suarez and that's it. Neymar's ceiling is higher but suarez had the better season, there is simply less to criticize about his game.

Barcalove

Banned
Suarez has better stats than both neymar and eto'o. And disregarding stats (as people should seriously learn to do imo), neymar is a better dribbler than suarez and that's it. Neymar's ceiling is higher but suarez had the better season, there is simply less to criticize about his game.
Why? Because he have more assists? At least 4 of that assists were unintentional passes, and some were not a really assist
Examples : assist vs atletico were suarez failed to control the ball and assist vs real madrid 1st leg when he passed to neymar outside the box, and neymar dribled Pepe and shot in the right post

so ? you can take away two goals or assists, suarez still leads. And neymar has had the chance to shoot two penalties, and scores many more easy tap-ins than suarez.

Home of Barca Fans