Neymar vs Suarez:Better season

Who has had a better season?

• Neymar

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Suarez

Votes: 49 57.6%

• Total voters

bismp

Disclaimer:This poll by no means aims to divide the fanbase.If the mods think that it does they may delete it,i won't say anything about it.

So,Neymar vs Suarez.Obviously both of them have had a fantastic season and i am sure that they will perform well at the few remaining matches,but ofc both of them are at least a level worse than Leo.Before doing any comparison,we have to aknowledge that this was Ney's 2nd season,while it was the first for Suarez.In the meanwhile,Luis is far more experienced,while this was only the second season of Ney in Europe.So,i believe that these 2 facts beat one another,which means that the two of them had the same potential for this season.So:

Scoring
Obviously,the most important aspect that the 2 of them must be compared to is scoring.
Ney scored more goals than Luis,but given that Luis was absent for many games because of his ban,we must assume that they have scored more or less the same amount of goals.But what is the number of goals if you score 5 against Granada?Both Ney and Luis scored MANY extremely crucial goals this season,against tough opponents.In fact,they surpass Messi in the amount of crucial goals.Luis scored multiple goals against Real,Atletico,MC,Valencia and PSG,while Ney scored in almost every important game of the season:pSG,Real,Sevilla,Bayern,Atletico etc.Finally,we must admit that Luis scores more beatiful goals most of the time.
So,i believe that it is really tough,but the final verdict for this category is Neymar,due to the greatest amount of goals in general and crucial goals

Creating
It is safe to say that Messi is miles ahead from both of them in this category.In fact,both of them haven't reached the Barca level of creating yet(IMO).Having said that,even a blind man can see that Luis is just better.He has assisted far more goals,he passes the ball better etc.There isn't anything to say here: Suarez

Dribbling
I think that both of them haven't showed us their true dribbling ability yet.Neymar has a lot more potential at this category.Many times this season he has dribbled 3-4 players.The thing is that he doesn't know when to stop,which results in him losing the ball.On the other hand,Suarez is worse at dribbling (IMO) but he is more efficient.So,in conclusion Ney is theoretically better,but Luis is better in practise.It is a close call,but Suarez

Defending and attitude
I won't give any points for this category,but i have to mention some things.Both players defend decently as far as i am concerned,so i don't have to say anything more about it.As for the attitude,both of them have some bad traits(being diving for Suarez and getting into fights for Ney)but overral,both of them are responsible for the excellent team climate

CONCLUSION
It is a really close call.As i said previously,BOTH of them have had an ABSOLUTELY GREAT season,forming the msn.But taking my analysis into consideration,even though my heart says Neymar,my mind says
:suarez:

Last edited:

Kohe321

I really don't want to pick one over the other, they both have impressed me to no end this season, and have both been extremely important for us to be where we are now. Should've been a "both" option for me, I can't and do not want to pick one over the other. :)

CatalinR10

If this would be considered a race , Neymar wins for me with Suarez coming 2'nd after 0,2 seconds later.

Really tough call. If this pole was made 1 month before , I think Suarez would have easily won since Neymar was for 2 months inconsistent - bad for his standards while Suarez started bad for 2 months but after that , game by game he became better and better.

Since last month Neymar turned it around and scored in a lot of consecutive games , great performances , important goals , etc.

It should be a really close call , whoever wins doesn't matter , both of them had a huge influence so far in our chances for the trebble.

There could have been a 3'rd option ,, They were both really amazing , it's hard for me to chose"

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Brace yourself for being called a fanboy if you commit the blasphemous offence of picking Neymar.

For the record then I do think it's even. They've both had their consistent moments of brilliance and great play for us leading the line with the one and only Leo Messi himself in which could be a truly memorable season.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Brace yourself for being called a fanboy if you commit the blasphemous offence of picking Neymar.

For the record then I do think it's even. They've both had their consistent moments of brilliance and great play for us leading the line with the one and only Leo Messi himself in which could be a truly memorable season.

Welcome back DonAK.

Hard to pick who is the better one , I'd say it's pretty even.

Devils

It's too close and really unmeasurable unless you use goal scoring/assist statistics, in which case you would have to factor Suarez missing 2 months and still managed a phenomenal return.

I don't think it's possible to pick between the two of them.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Army of fanboys who joined with Neymar will vote like headless chicken.

For the record: Suárez has similar stats to Neymar (assists + goals) and played less minutes with his ban and all.
Also, it's no coincedence we're hitting this form in 2015 now that we have Suárez.

M

monamou

Scoring: Neymar
Creating: Suarez
Dribbling: Neymar
Defending and attitude: tie, or slightly in favour of Sauvecito

It's awfully close. Hard to pick one of them not hurting the other. Incredible first season for the Uruguayan though, adapted to the team almost right away. Speaks volumes.

I guess I have to pick one, lol? Nerman it is then.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Taking the ban into account, that it's his first season at the club, and that he was coming off of a knee injury, Suarez.

Home of Barca Fans