Nelson Semedo

M

MessiCam

Roberto suffered defensively and did not lack any confidence going forward.

Semedo with a better structure on the right this season has done next to nothing going forward.

I agree on Semedo offering little in attack but the right side is a baron land of nothingness. Look what happened today... Paco decided, fuck this I will vacate my position and go play with Suarez.

Too many players not positionally astute on that right hand side... Paulinho, Paco, Semedo and even Coutinho when he plays there. When you play a passing game it is fundamental that you stick to your spaces so teammates don’t have look for you so the game flows. Compared to the left side it’s a shit show to be honest.

JamDav1982

I agree on Semedo offering little in attack but the right side is a baron land of nothingness. Look what happened today... Paco decided, fuck this I will vacate my position and go play with Suarez.

Too many players not positionally astute on that right hand side... Paulinho, Paco, Semedo and even Coutinho when he plays there. When you play a passing game it is fundamental that you stick to your spaces so teammates don’t have look for you so the game flows. Compared to the left side it’s a shit show to be honest.

The same players that play on the right hand side when Roberto plays there this season and the difference is evident.

Here is how I see this problem of Semedo.

I think that he has showed thah he is more than capable of playing for us, but i think he will become much more important factor in the future.

I think that his biggest problems that his capabilites are at the moment not what we realy need in current system. We play with 4 midfielder, something we didnt since I dont know when... Primar job of our midfield is to produce stability and protection to our deffence and simply keeping the possession and exhausting and pysiologically irritating oponents. With our long posession, oponents sonner than later loose their patience and then use our wapon. Messi usually finds a hole in deffence and our full backs (Alba and Roberto) explore thoose open spaces. They are extremely good in finding targets in thoose areas close to goal and are master of link up play-- so most our goals come as some surprise factors when they bomb forward. They are not that good in defending, but this is not their main job, cause they have very good cover from our midfilders. Semedo is much better deffender then both of them- 1on1 defending and pure deffensive skills. But in our tactical play we dont need full backs to be extremely good deffender but much more affective in attack. Thats something Semedo lacks... One reason is that he is not used to play with teamates jet, other reason is that we must admid that Roberto and Alba are really worlds best in this part of game.

So as long as we play with this current system Semedo will have "problems". So i believe he will be much more important when we start to play 4-3-3 again with, lets say Griezmann/Suarez-Messi-Dembele. In this system we will be much better offensivly, but much more exposed at the back, and there i see Semedo as our ideal RB. Good on 1-1 defending, with pacey wingers with tons of space. His main job will be deffending. Such as Abidal was. And Abidal would also struggle in our currenty system.
Sooner or later our tactics wont work any more, because opponents will figure out our play and especially when Messi wont be able to carry all of creativity any more. We will need to include both Dembele and Coutinho in line up to help Messi in that aspect, but this brings more unstability. And there I see oportunity for Semedo.

Last edited:

jamrock

I said he was the wrong by and we should have bought that Monaco rb, but I want to believe I was wrong so I will give him until the end of the season.

I said he was the wrong by and we should have bought that Monaco rb, but I want to believe I was wrong so I will give him until the end of the season.

Not even him could work. Even Carvajal would have problems. The most suited for this system would be Kiimmich or Florenzi in my opinion. Heck even Alves would be excelent in the way we use our Full Back at the moment.

Hm, i always had this funny idea, trying to convert Adama Traore to RB 😅

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Featured in 24 matches, 1645 minutes (18 full matches). Think it's a nice amount of playing time for a newbie who isn't really that great and it's only February.

JamDav1982

Who would you trust more to defend Hazard, Chelsea's most dangerous player? Semedo or Roberto?

Neither really but Semedo got more pace to track runs etc.

Roberto is in a different league on the ball so who do you trust most to add anything offensively?

Hazard plays centrally most the time now anyway.

JamDav1982

Can barely remember a full back at Barca in recent years that has played as regularly and given as little going forward.

Even Abidal who was there to be cover for CBs as much as anything and not a wing player offered so much more.

Really needs to step it up soon.

No assists in La Liga and one assist all season is not good enough in a system designed for FBs to get forward.

Home of Barca Fans