Marco Verratti

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Verratti wants to leave PSG, we should be first to get him. It would hurt my eyes to see him in white jersey.

Once you've gone to PSG and is a good player, it's next to impossible to get out. Kind of like the labourers working in Qatar themselves. The authorities got their passports and won't release it. Nepali labourers were recently not allowed to attend their loved ones funerals after the earthquake :(

Although atleast with PSG you'll get treated well unlike those labourers, but I doubt they'll let you go even if you want to. They'll simply say no and offer you a bigger salary and you'll take it.

I doubt Verratti has a chance to leave PSG if he wants to(he seem to love PSG and Paris though) unless he does something really stupid or they actually want to sell him.

No disrespect to any PSG fan here ofc.

Jair Ventura

Once you've gone to PSG and is a good player, it's next to impossible to get out. Kind of like the labourers working in Qatar themselves. The authorities got their passports and won't release it. Nepali labourers were recently not allowed to attend their loved ones funerals after the earthquake :(

Although atleast with PSG you'll get treated well unlike those labourers, but I doubt they'll let you go even if you want to. They'll simply say no and offer you a bigger salary and you'll take it.

I doubt Verratti has a chance to leave PSG if he wants to(he seem to love PSG and Paris though) unless he does something really stupid or they actually want to sell him.

Too late, but I'm sure you already knew that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Too late, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Awww... Come on. Can't we be friends?

I would have thought Pro-Qatari Royals/gov would take offence to that. It's already been said on this forum that once Nasser says something, he fulfills it. If Nasser says no, it means no.

Anyway, I've probably politicised enough for a lifetime in the Verratti thread so let's leave it here. Apologises to you and any PSG fan who take offence to what I said.

Edit: I admit I might have exaggerated quite a bit too. Mods please delete these last few posts. Thanks.

Last edited:

raki

If Verratti wants to leave PSG, we should be first to get him. It would hurt my eyes to see him in white jersey.

x1000

It´s a major boost for us in the transfers business that we are back to this level of greatness. That atracts players. That and money of course.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Awww... Come on. Can't we be friends?

I would have thought Pro-Qatari Royals/gov would take offence to that. It's already been said on this forum that once Nasser says something, he fulfills it. If Nasser says no, it means no.

Anyway, I've probably politicised enough for a lifetime in the Verratti thread so let's leave it here. Apologises to you and any PSG fan who take offence to what I said.

Edit: I admit I might have exaggerated quite a bit too. Mods please delete these last few posts. Thanks.

Maybe exaggerated a little :lol: But I sort of have the same sentiment.

Jair Ventura

*yawn*

Spanish workers earn 20%-40% less than those in other leading European countries, according to the study by Spain's second-biggest bank, BBVA. The earnings gap is partly explained by very high unemployment, which BBVA said "derives from a labour market that functions substantially worse than in other countries".

The bank found Spanish spending on research and development is 70% below the US or EU average, and said the economy suffered from low skills and a lack of technology in the workplace.

"All of these differences derive from an inadequate legal and institutional system of incentives," the report said. The researchers forecast that even if employment increased at a rate of 2% it would take 10 years to reach 2007 levels.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/14/spain-unemployment-economy-recovery-financial-crisis

Am I supposed to remain silent as Spanish Banks refrain from lending money to small businesses whilst assuming huge risk and lending large amounts of money to Real Madrid who operates with a debt upwards of €600m? Am I not to question why these banks whom were saved from collapse by the European Union only a few years ago; care more about a football clubs ability to sign players than it does its citizens ability to earn and make a living?

The question that everybody has been asking finally got an answer today when the Spanish savings bank Caja Madrid admitted that it has agreed to give Real Madrid a €76m (£64m) loan to be secured on two unnamed sources of collateral. Madrid are also understood to have a similar deal in place with Banco Santander.

Real have spent in excess of €160m to bring Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United and Kaka from Milan but the sporting director, Jorge Valdano, has admitted that the intention is to sign "four or five players more".

Caja Madrid's board of directors approved the loan on Monday. A source at the bank, which is the fourth-biggest in Spain, added that a similar deal had been approved by Santander, the bank that extended a credit line to the previous *president, Ramón Calderón, as he tried to sign Ronaldo last summer. Santander itself has not commented.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/jun/16/real-madrid-loans-debt

Am I supposed to remain silent when the same posters that are most vocal about Qatar's investment's into Paris and France via football, silently accept Qatar's investment's into Spain via its other business interest?

The Qatar Investment Authority alone, through its Qatar Holdings and Qatari Diar subsidiaries, has bought into Iberdrola, Santander Brazil (a Brazilian arm of a Spanish company), Ferrovial, SFL-Clonial, Barcelona’s Hotel W and several others. Abu Dhabi’s sovereign funds have been almost as active, with IPIC investing twice into Cepsa and once into Bankia, and Mubadala buying into Sener. Singapore is there too: Temasek in Repsol, GIC into GMP and Applus+. Other big investments have come from China, Kuwait and – the only developed world name bar Norway – Alaska.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chriswright/2014/12/09/how-sovereign-wealth-funds-bought-spain/

Interesting. It seems some portion of Qatar's monies goes into bailing out Spanish banks, Spanish banks that finance deals for Spanish clubs to sign footballers... You all don't really want to talk politics, so lets stick to the football.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Real and Barca operate in profit. And bring a lot to Spain/Catalunya indirectly via tourism etc.
There were shady deals in the past that should be investigated (Real selling that ground comes to mind).

Bertus

Please, could you all stop with the off topic?

If you wanna discuss Qatar politics, policies, human rights etc. just open a thread (that will probably get locked by Flavia, but that's your problem).

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Please, could you all stop with the off topic?

If you wanna discuss Qatar politics, policies, human rights etc. just open a thread (that will probably get locked by Flavia, but that's your problem).

No sir, that is silly! This is not of topic at all mind you, our Veratti has been kidnapped by Qatari secret agents and is now in the hands of that evil fox Nasser. The free people of this forum shall not be silenced. Long live the revolution, free Veratti!

And since when is Flavia 'locking' threads that addresses human rights etc - think you got that mixed up with somebody else.

Bertus

L'Equipe shared some stats about Verratti this season:

- 2909 passes.
- 94,6% success rate.

Verratti holds now a good bunch of passing related records in L1.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Every time I see this thread on top "new posts" I somehow hope there's something linking him to Barca.
PSG should build a statue to Leonardo for bringing them this jewel.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Every time I see this thread on top "new posts" I somehow hope there's something linking him to Barca.
PSG should build a statue to Leonardo for bringing them this jewel.

Same here,except being linked to RM ,not Barca duh.

Home of Barca Fans