Marco Verratti

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Joking Gasgas, I just like how bouncy Bertus gets when we talk about Veratti - referencing to a million sources that he will NOT leave :)

F

Flavia

Renewals mean nothing these days. Otherwise Pogba would unquestionably be off the market.
Pogba is being auctioned by Raiola for a while now. He will leave juventus at some point, that's a given.
Verratti is a different matter. He seems to be happy there, and Barça's previous attempts of signing psg players were all fruitless.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Renewals mean nothing these days. Otherwise Pogba would unquestionably be off the market.

True, but PSG might want to hang on to its star players that perform well - the project was kind of new and many wanted to join (+ a sh*t load of money of course) - but not all are blinded by the 1, 2 or 3M extra a year (if they would get 7 or 8M a year in Chelski, Barca, RM, Man C or whatever) to play in the inferior french league and by the looks of it not having a shot at CL. They might have a hard time attracting the very best in the future maybe.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Pogba is being auctioned by Raiola for a while now. He will leave juventus at some point, that's a given.
Verratti is a different matter. He seems to be happy there, and Barça's previous attempts of signing psg players all were fruitless.

Also true, he looks genuinely happy and satisfied to play there - good for him :)

El Gato

Villarato!
Verratti is a different matter. He seems to be happy there, and Barça's previous attempts of signing psg players were all fruitless.

Agent shouldn't matter if you have a spine. The players renew, because they want to earn the most money while their career peaks, not to stave off the competition on the market or ease up the media pressure.

Verratti seems happy there? We'll see how much longer he will be. Maybe longer than Pogba? Maybe shorter? Players these days are so easy to sway by the desire of representing an institution known for winning. I give it until the next summer. He's the next hot commodity and the Euro tournament will defo be the difference maker. Either he's gonna have a stinker, will get moody and PSG will sell to the highest bidder, or he's gonna be great and the only difference is the wages he'll be offered at his next club.

Jair Ventura

Agent shouldn't matter if you have a spine. The players renew, because they want to earn the most money while their career peaks, not to stave off the competition on the market or ease up the media pressure.

Verratti seems happy there? We'll see how much longer he will be. Maybe longer than Pogba? Maybe shorter? Players these days are so easy to sway by the desire of representing an institution known for winning. I give it until the next summer. He's the next hot commodity and the Euro tournament will defo be the difference maker. Either he's gonna have a stinker, will get moody and PSG will sell to the highest bidder, or he's gonna be great and the only difference is the wages he'll be offered at his next club.

Sell to the highest bidder? I guess I don't understand what people aren't grasping. Veratti is a world class 22 year old at a club that will likely be in the UCL every year for a long while, is a beloved star in Paris at a club that can provide him practically whatever he desires, and is positioned to be one of the top midfielders in the world for the next decade. On the other hand, PSG is one of the most resource wealthy clubs in the world whose primary objective involves becoming one of the primary powers of global football.

Giving something catastrophically unpredictable, Veratti is no more likely to leave PSG than Neymar is Barca. Probably less so.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Sell to the highest bidder? I guess I don't understand what people aren't grasping. Veratti is a world class 22 year old at a club that will likely be in the UCL every year for a long while, is a beloved star in Paris at a club that can provide him practically whatever he desires, and is positioned to be one of the top midfielders in the world for the next decade. On the other hand, PSG is one of the most resource wealthy clubs in the world whose primary objective involves becoming one of the primary powers of global football.

Giving something catastrophically unpredictable, Veratti is no more likely to leave PSG than Neymar is Barca. Probably less so.

Neymar to RM #TheDream.

Bertus

Joking Gasgas, I just like how bouncy Bertus gets when we talk about Veratti - referencing to a million sources that he will NOT leave :)

The hell? :lol:

What a fail bait it is.

I am not Hamad and post only real news. If you don't like them, fine, but don't imply I make up news for god knows what reason.

Now if you want to post little wishful thinking stories like Wolfe did just above, it's fine and I don't care about it. It's always the same every years with the best PSG players. We get people that can read the future and claim "they will leave this summer / next year" blablablabla. One day they might be right tho since they always claim the same thing every year :lol:

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The hell? :lol:

What a fail bait it is.

I am not Hamad and post only real news. If you don't like them, fine, but don't imply I make up news for god knows what reason.

Now if you want to post little wishful thinking stories like Wolfe did just above, it's fine and I don't care about it. It's always the same every years with the best PSG players. We get people that can read the future and claim "they will leave this summer / next year" blablablabla. One day they might be right tho since they always claim the same thing every year :lol:

Easy tiger, I never implied you make up news. What I DID say is, I enjoy that you get all bouncy about us discussing Veratti. Hey, no shame in it - don't take it bad. We also get bouncy when PSG, MUC or some other fans discuss a rumour about Iniesta, Messi or Alba leaving and they already include in in next years lineup :)

Bertus

MD and SPORT reporting that RM is after Verratti:

- MD saying RM can push verratti to force his way out.
- SPORT that Verratti wants to leave PSG.

It was posted on french network and I don't have the time to check if it's true.

Cule4life

The Culest
Hopefully we have learnt something from Thiago Silva(x2) and Marquinhos sagas and something has managed to penetrate the unbelievably thick skulls of the board members.....

Leo_Messi

MD and SPORT reporting that RM is after Verratti:

- MD saying RM can push verratti to force his way out.
- SPORT that Verratti wants to leave PSG.

It was posted on french network and I don't have the time to check if it's true.

I can't see any reason why PSG (Nasser) would want to sell Verratti to RM while categorically denying to sell him to pretty much every other club that is interested in him and willing to pay a big sum of money for him.

Verratti seems more than happy at PSG and as you wrote already there are rumors about him extending his current contract.

The only thing that talks in the favor of RM is the good relation between Pérez and the PSG board and maybe if Verratti secretly dreams about playing for RM which I somehow doubt and hope is not the case.:lol:

If RM bought him their midfield would be too unfair to play against.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans