Luis Suárez

GetIn

[youtube]EM3dyVldjvM[/youtube]

Compare that Suarez to to this one and you'll realize how much he's declined, if I wanted to make him look even worse I could post one of his performances from 13/14 with Liverpool. He became a pure scorer in 15-16 and was damn effective at it and now he can't even do that anymore.

He'll never be the same again.

JamDav1982

he'll be cut off by madrids defence,i don't expect good performance tonight

He wasnt getting cut off in last game though.

Just plays the game at 100mph and tries ridiculous passes to Messi in particular. He needs to put his foot on ball more and calm down but thats never been his game.

Iarwain

Just plays the game at 100mph and tries ridiculous passes to Messi in particular. He needs to put his foot on ball more and calm down but thats never been his game.

This. Except that he was very confident on the ball in Liverpool and Ajax.

ronniecro

yes but that was first leg on our pitch,now we play away,it is expected that madrid absolutely dominates us in front of their crowd after that first leg,i just don't see how can he put good performance with his current form

JamDav1982

yes but that was first leg on our pitch,now we play away,it is expected that madrid absolutely dominates us in front of their crowd after that first leg,i just don't see how can he put good performance with his current form

Not saying he will be good. Most likely wont but he will see the ball enough would think just will play like a hyper nut case.

RevoTeller

[youtube]EM3dyVldjvM[/youtube]

Compare that Suarez to to this one and you'll realize how much he's declined, if I wanted to make him look even worse I could post one of his performances from 13/14 with Liverpool. He became a pure scorer in 15-16 and was damn effective at it and now he can't even do that anymore.

He'll never be the same again.

During 14/15 season, as far as overall football abilities are concerned, he was already incredibly declining compared to what he used to do with the ball in Liverpool, especially during his last season with them. Still, he was perfectly fitting the role of main target upfront and striker that we needed at the time.

hellsangel1

I don't know if I've ever seen a top level striker miscontrol and make as many errant passes as Suarez did in today's game. His first touch was horrible He was already showing signs of decline last season but he seems to have nosedived. With his pace starting to go, this guy has become a liability. He should've been the one who left Barca in the summer instead of Neymar.

El Barcelona

I don't know if I've ever seen a top level striker miscontrol and make as many errant passes as Suarez did in today's game. His first touch was horrible He was already showing signs of decline last season but he seems to have nosedived. With his pace starting to go, this guy has become a liability. He should've been the one who left Barca in the summer instead of Neymar.
Lukaku *KUCH

Serious, if I was Valverde I would let him kick to the goal a whole day long. What's up with his finishing, can he still score a goal?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Forget about his woeful technical capabilities for a moment. Those who defend Suarez usually say "at least he always presses and fights and runs". Except he stopped doing that after his first season here. Like Messi, he just walks and presses only in certain episodes. For Leo it is forgivable of course, but a team can't have a first line of defense that consists of TWO players who do not press. We are getting pissed on by every team there is.

If Suarez somehow manages to remember what he was like at Ajax/Liverpool, now that will be wonderful. He costs us too much at the moment. It's not just missed chances. Suarez kills lots of our plays with ridiculous touches and passes. His decision making is also very questionable right now. His deterioration has been truly amazing.

booge

Forget about his woeful technical capabilities for a moment. Those who defend Suarez usually say "at least he always presses and fights and runs". Except he stopped doing that after his first season here. Like Messi, he just walks and presses only in certain episodes. For Leo it is forgivable of course, but a team can't have a first line of defense that consists of TWO players who do not press. We are getting pissed on by every team there is.

If Suarez somehow manages to remember what he was like at Ajax/Liverpool, now that will be wonderful. He costs us too much at the moment. It's not just missed chances. Suarez kills lots of our plays with ridiculous touches and passes. His decision making is also very questionable right now. His deterioration has been truly amazing.

@ the pressing. He's got too comfortable

hellsangel1

Lukaku *KUCH

Serious, if I was Valverde I would let him kick to the goal a whole day long. What's up with his finishing, can he still score a goal?

Hard to believe that I'm actually saying this but right now I'd take Lukaku over Suarez. At least Romelu has his pace and physicality and is young and can improve. Suarez is done basically.

kattanib

Suarez should be pushes to LW or LS while Messi is the main ST ... this way we have speed from the right (Dembele, Roberto and Semedo) and from the left (Alba and Delofue as a sub). Also people who can score from the left side (Suarez and Coutinho)

dakt

Same problems over and over. Frustrating to see that we don't have a replacement for him, while RM has practically the whole squad who could be better than Suarez...even Navas.

Home of Barca Fans