Luis Enrique

Neymessi

This will soon be shifted from this section and Diego simeone will replace this :simeone:

And there will be simeone smiley too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Because he wants Barça to be unpredictable :pep:

Some of his statements:

Luis Enrique: "Busquets as attacking midfielder? We wanted more control. I think in general we played a good game."

Luis Enrique: "It was a balanced game, both teams had chances. Overall I think we deserved it just a little more."

Luis Enrique: "Goal Suarez wrongly disallowed? Could have decided the game a lot earlier, but those things happen in football..."

Luis Enrique: "The goal wasn't just luck. We work hard on set pieces and it was well-executed."

He should stop BSing now and be happy that Bravo was in San Bravo form and Messi + Busi bailed us out in the end.

I don't think we deserved it more, if anything then a draw would have been fair considering they had 3-4 big chances.

F

Flavia

He didn't have a clear starting 11 at celta either, btw. He thinks that is good for the players and the team. So we'll keeping seeing those bizarre line-ups ocasionally.
I thought he'd drop that in Barça, but looks like he won't. No cb pairing, no midfield, players barely can gel and develop proper chemistry.

DennyCrane

This man has balls, I'll give him that. Fielding an experimental tactical setup against Los Che on their home turf when the team needs every point to not fall too far behind the capital club isn't something one sees every day.

I hope I never have to see this again though. Just when the team started to make some progress he knocks the entire approach on the head again.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He didn't have a clear starting 11 at celta either, btw. He thinks that is good for the players and the team. So we'll keeping seeing those bizarre line-ups ocasionally.
I thought he'd drop that in Barça, but looks like he won't. No cb pairing, no midfield, players barely can gel and develop proper chemistry.

This x 1000000000000000

Neymessi

So basically there is no chance of him thinking of having a stable team that he plays regularly with little or no changes?

Richard.H

So basically there is no chance of him thinking of having a stable team that he plays regularly with little or no changes?

Nope. I think the guy lives and dies by the rotation. He would probably rotate the team even if we play a CL or Copa Del Rey final. Doesn't give two fuks about what's logical. Just goes by his own ways.

Kohe321

Could one of the reasons why his teams are known to start slow but eventually get better be because after a while the constant rotations forces everyone in the team to "gel" with eachother regardless of who is playing? That there is no fixed starting 11 (well apart from the 3 in front) makes it so that everyone have to play well with whoever is in the squad for each game, and after a while all the players just sort of know eachother and it starts clicking regardless of the lineup changing?

I don't know, just a thought.

Last edited:

dakt

Nope. I think the guy lives and dies by the rotation. He would probably rotate the team even if we play a CL or Copa Del Rey final. Doesn't give two fuks about what's logical. Just goes by his own ways.

Well thats not comforting.

DinhoR10

Could one of the reasons why his teams are known to start slow but eventually get better be because after a while the constant rotations forces everyone in the team to "gel" with eachother regardless of who is playing? That there is no fixed starting 11 (well apart from the 3 in front) makes it so that everyone have to play well with whoever is in the squad for each game, and after a while all the players just sort of know eachother and it starts clicking regardless of the lineup changing?

I don't know, just a thought.

There may in fact be a method to his madness, but rotations is one thing, changing the system is another. Against Sevilla he played Xavi-Rakitic-Busi but against APOEL he played Rafinha-Rakitic-Mascherano. Different players but the same system and it works well and will probably work well if Iniesta was in there instead of one of the AMs.

Kohe321

There may in fact be a method to his madness, but rotations is one thing, changing the system is another. Against Sevilla he played Xavi-Rakitic-Busi but against APOEL he played Rafinha-Rakitic-Mascherano. Different players but the same system and it works well and will probably work well if Iniesta was in there instead of one of the AMs.

Yeah I agree, the system needs to stay intact, which was the baffling thing about tonights game. Just when we started to get a hang of it he changes up the way we play. If he wants to swap between players as often as he does, this can't be happening.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like he'll survive the winter despite the disappointing performances so mind as well hope for the best.

Lucho reminds me a bit of van Gaal at Barca with his rigid tactics and his clumsy/defiant media handling. Yet to see good football on a regular basis but I am still hopeful.
La Liga is far from over and Barca still has everything in their hands.

Home of Barca Fans