Luis Enrique

frog-fcb

Cmon guys give him a break valencia at the mestalla is a very tough team double pivot done its job in offering protection to the defence we were set up to try hit them on the break. Of suarez hada put away his chances in.the game use would all be here today praising lucho

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Cmon guys give him a break valencia at the mestalla is a very tough team double pivot done its job in offering protection to the defence we were set up to try hit them on the break. Of suarez hada put away his chances in.the game use would all be here today praising lucho

But why defence needs protection, where is high pressing he has promised? Nah it's not only this game, it's systematic failure, constant rotations, experiments, inability to utilize midfield, forcing Montoya out the team etc., etc. I am so not looking forward to PSG game I wonder what surprises he has for us this time, Sergi Roberto and Douglas in starting line up perhaps?

frog-fcb

There was some pressing in the previous 2 games my point is if we had won by 2 or 3 goals.everyone would be praising him today. For this game i think he made the right approach

L

linetty

There was some pressing in the previous 2 games my point is if we had won by 2 or 3 goals.everyone would be praising him today. For this game i think he made the right approach
+1

Although he should have had made the subs way earlier.

Iarwain

Defense looked good precisely because of Masch + Busq in midfield. Practically the moment that first sub was made, they got exposed.

About pressing, I don't believe we will ever see a coherent pressing with M-S-N all in.

ebc_99

Results wise we can't really complain, we were out played by Real but they are European Champions right now so that is not surprising. The PSG defeat was disappointing but we played well, lets see if he has learned from that, he certainly learned from the first Apoel game. The Celta defeat could have been a 6 - 0 win for us with better finishing and that is not Lucho's fault. The Valencia game was ok and the boys kept going to the end which shows me that they believe in the coach.

Lucho has to try new things until he can find the right balance, right now it has not been there often enough but that is to expected so early in his managerial career. It took Ancelotti a while to get it right at Real, they where in worse shape this time last year than we are now. I still expect Iniesta to find his best form and the front 3 to improve as a unit, when that happens we will be much stronger and then we can see where we are. But so far it has been good, not great but we are showing signs that we can still compete with the best but Iniesta will be key.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Defense looked good precisely because of Masch + Busq in midfield. Practically the moment that first sub was made, they got exposed.

About pressing, I don't believe we will ever see a coherent pressing with M-S-N all in.

I agree defense looked good, but what is the point of good defense, if attack is not functioning, it's not like we needed 0-0 draw, Xavi was just screaming for the ball, Messi was just out of the game, no one knew what their tasks were because they are not used to this tactics.

Last edited:

Frodo_FCB

The funny thing is that when Lucho took over the team, he said that he wants Barca to be unpredictable and then we were all excited about that...Guess thats not what we expected right? :lol:

Iarwain

I agree defense looked good, but what is the point of good defense, if attack is not functioning, it's not like we needed 0-0 draw, Xavi was just screaming for the ball, Messi was just out of the game, no one knew what their tasks were because we are not used to this tactics.
He chose a more cautious approach which did limit offensive capacity. You give something to get something. He probably hoped that players upfront could squeze one in with their class (and they almost did).

Do you guys think Real Madrid would overrun this midfield trio at Bernabeu?

serghei

We've hired a coach with no identity and no individuality whatsoever. He plays positional, italian football, with many restrictions tied to each position on the field. There is no fluidity and no off the ball movement. No pressing and no quick transitions defence-attack. We are not a team but a collection of 11 players. In 2009-2012 we had weaknesses, but those were covered by how we played, it was the tactics and the effort that made those weaknesses dissappear. But Lucho believes those weaknesses should be adressed by every player in person. It will not work. If we don't press, we will concede goals, it's that simple. And once we have to chase a game, there will always be a Chelsea, or an Atletico that will be able to shut us down. Expect a trophyless season guys.

L

linetty

Overreacting like schoolgirls once again.

Yeah we will go trophyless and Chelsea or Atleti will shit on us. And we haven't played that bad of a game! There were worse this season.

Lucho is nuts to experiment in such important game but hell, we won and he certainly realized we can't play like that again (after he realized it doesn't work and returned to the best setup, we looked much better and finished the game off well).

The only worrying thing for me is MSN not really clicking well together. With Pedro instead of Neymar or Suarez we look much better.

serghei

The only worrying thing for me is MSN not really clicking well together. With Pedro instead of Neymar or Suarez we look much better.

That's the least of our problems. And the fact that we looked better with Pedro on -- debatable -- is a major coincidence. It was probably just Valencia being tired after running all night long.

E

El_e8

What about match against Almeria? He underestimated them and sent out Munir, Pedro + never before seen midfield. Against every opponent we should experiment first 45 minutes and for the second half we send out our top dogs to save the day? There's a reason no other sane manager does this.
What's our starting eleven? I'm sure even players don't know.

L

linetty

That's the least of our problems. And the fact that we looked better with Pedro on -- debatable -- is a major coincidence. It was probably just Valencia being tired after running all night long.
I'm not talking about this game only but also against APOEL and earlier. I just get the feeling everything works better when only 2 of the front three are on the field.

Maybe it's Neymar holding the ball for too long.

Home of Barca Fans