Lionel Messi - v7

Hardy

holy shit looks like it's happening.

el mundo says today france football was in barcelona for the traditional photo shooting

EKQMZieXsAI3K2e

devo901

VVD nr 1 for the bookies?
If it is true that national-managers, team captains and some journalists are the one who score I doubt that VVD will win the BdO.
Messi scored twice against VVD in Barcelona - Virgil was just bedazzled & stunned....

but apart from that:
I would be suprised if a defender wins the title, VVD might be a fast, strong defender and maybe the best centerback right now - but "best footballer" is more than shoving, headding, tackling and pushing. in 38 games last season he had 4 goals (probably setpiece headders) and 2 assists.
Messi has 36 goals, 15 assists. He knows how to dribble, pass, shoot, so both players are on very different ends of how to play football.

Batistuta9

holy shit looks like it's happening.

el mundo says today france football was in barcelona for the traditional photo shooting

EKQMZieXsAI3K2e

Well deserved if he does end up winning. Still don't think mundo deportivo is a reliable source. Carried us last season. Would have lost la Liga and would have barely got out of CL group stages without him.

Zidane82

Soooooo
SIXTH SENSE Cristiano Ronaldo beats Messi and Van Dijk to win record-breaking SIXTH Ballon d’Or, according to reports in Italy

CRISTIANO RONALDO has won a record sixth Ballon d'Or, according to reports.

Italian publication Corriere dello Sport write that the Portuguese superstar has already pipped Lionel Messi and Virgil van Dijk to the award following an interview he did with France Football.
The publication has full ownership of the highly-coveted Ballon d'Or and presents the trophy to the best player in the world each year.

Reports in Italy suggest that France Football headed to Turin where they wined and dined with Ronaldo just weeks before the 2019 winner is announced on December 2.

Hardy

Soooooo
SIXTH SENSE Cristiano Ronaldo beats Messi and Van Dijk to win record-breaking SIXTH Ballon d’Or, according to reports in Italy

Italian publication Corriere dello Sport write that the Portuguese superstar has already pipped Lionel Messi and Virgil van Dijk to the award following an interview he did with France Football.
The publication has full ownership of the highly-coveted Ballon d'Or and presents the trophy to the best player in the world each year.

Reports in Italy suggest that France Football headed to Turin where they wined and dined with Ronaldo just weeks before the 2019 winner is announced on December 2.

corriere fucked up badly there, voting wasn't even closed and that was just an interview like he did already last year.

KingLeo10

Soooooo

No way PR7 is winning a Ballon for finishing QF in CL and getting beat by Quagliarella in Serie A lol. Not to mention he's scored only 6 goals in 14 games for Juve this season.

Messigician

Soooooo

Fake news

devo901

klopp:"If you give the Ballon d'Or to the best player of this generation then you should give it always to Lionel Messi. That's how it is," Klopp said. "But if you give it to the best player of last season, then it was Virgil van Dijk. I don't know exactly how it will work but that is how I see it."

Although Klopp knows way more about football than me - I am sorry, but I cant agree.
looking at vvd 's highlights on YT, makes him look like a rolling bulldozer. He clears/threshes many balls, in addition no clever build up, no fine passing ... these skill highlights might fall short, but I am sure if there were ANYTHING in terms of dribbling passing it would be shown. Cannevaro was a great build up player...

On top of it - Klopps assessment is logically flawed, how can Messi be beaten with 32 as "best of the generation" by a 28 year old? Or does Klopp try to say that Messi is no longer good, if so, Messi's golden shoe with 51 goals in 50 games tells me a different story. (liga+CL)

either Klopp wants to make sure the price for vvd stays high - or he sees everything through his Liverpool glasses and is to close for being objective... (German: betriebsblind).

VVD is gold, when it comes to distroying combinations, thanks to great anticipation/positioning, he is strong & big while fast - but is not what football is all about as these are defensive skills.
I am pretty sure these skills are not as highly ranked by the voters as scoring/assisting/freekicks. (even if this unfair to all non scoring players)

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
klopp:"If you give the Ballon d'Or to the best player of this generation then you should give it always to Lionel Messi. That's how it is," Klopp said. "But if you give it to the best player of last season, then it was Virgil van Dijk. I don't know exactly how it will work but that is how I see it."

Although Klopp knows way more about football than me - I am sorry, but I cant agree.
looking at vvd 's highlights on YT, makes him look like a rolling bulldozer. He clears/threshes many balls, in addition no clever build up, no fine passing ... these skill highlights might fall short, but I am sure if there were ANYTHING in terms of dribbling passing it would be shown. Cannevaro was a great build up player...

On top of it - Klopps assessment is logically flawed, how can Messi be beaten with 32 as "best of the generation" by a 28 year old? Or does Klopp try to say that Messi is no longer good, if so, Messi's golden shoe with 51 goals in 50 games tells me a different story. (liga+CL)

either Klopp wants to make sure the price for vvd stays high - or he sees everything through his Liverpool glasses and is to close for being objective... (German: betriebsblind).

VVD is gold, when it comes to distroying combinations, thanks to great anticipation/positioning, he is strong & big while fast - but is not what football is all about as these are defensive skills.
I am pretty sure these skills are not as highly ranked by the voters as scoring/assisting/freekicks. (even if this unfair to all non scoring players)

He's just backing his own player.

Home of Barca Fans