Lautaro Martinez

mc_lovin

I would risk with Isak but he's not a "big name" enough.

Isak hype is real especially after his last few games, but hes such a weird, weird player. Hes as much hit and miss as a player can be thanks to his unconventional playstyle. I dont think thats the type of player we should be looking for.

As for Lautaro not being a #9 - he is. No idea how you can watch Inter and think hes a 2nd striker. Then Aguero, David Villa etc pp wouldnt be strikers as well (not at all comparable to real 2nd strikers like Griezmann). I agree that ~111ME would be excessive, but for 80ME I wouldnt bat an eye. Hes pretty great. As for only one season: I dont think that matters when hes individually up there. "One season wonders" dont show that kind of consistent individual talent/touches. Those are more the James/Asensio type of guys who score a few wondergoals.

MTL_Barca

I like Lautaro and think he could fit in quite nicely depending on how the rest of the team get's set up but paying 110+ mil for everyone isn't a sustainable business model in the long run so if they pull the trigger it should better work out this time because the last tries with Dembele, Coutinho and this far Griezmann weren't really success stories.

There are also at least 2 other quality signings needed (CM, CB) this summer and they already bought Trincao for 30M so better find a buyer for Coutinho because idk how the club should afford all that without some big sales.

Rory

I would risk with Isak but he's not a "big name" enough.

Second option (that I know not many people want right now but would probably be the best longterm) is wait for another season and go for Haaland in 2021. Suarez will still be here and a starter next season (club de amigos thing) and I expect us to be mostly sh** anyway so save some money, wait until amigos contracts are expiring (don't extend them before though which I could totally see happen in Suarez's case) and then start doing a rebuild. Would still take a few years until the likes of Busi and Alba's contracts are up but we have to start somewhere.

Would you risk €70m on him though? Apparently that's what it will take. I do like the look of him but I'd like to see him do it for 2 seasons to prove he has consistency. He's certainly the only current alternative I can see to Martinez at the moment.

Agree we should probably just bank our money and sign a la liga striker for cheap because I'd hate for us to waste another €100m.

mc_lovin

I would be more than happy with Lautaro and Upamecano, a quality CM would be nice, but there arent many. I would hate Ruiz here for example, who would cost >70ME easily and doesnt look all that. Those two are ~180ME+30ME Trincao and our budget is exhausted (if we have 200ME to spend including sales). Maybe get a cheap RB and plan with Roberto in midfield+Alena/Puig+maybe Ilaix (at least profile wise) :p

I dont think we can get a quality CB+CM+Striker unfortunately.

Messi983

Isak hype is real especially after his last few games, but hes such a weird, weird player. Hes as much hit and miss as a player can be thanks to his unconventional playstyle. I dont think thats the type of player we should be looking for.

As for Lautaro not being a #9 - he is. No idea how you can watch Inter and think hes a 2nd striker. Then Aguero, David Villa etc pp wouldnt be strikers as well (not at all comparable to real 2nd strikers like Griezmann). I agree that ~111ME would be excessive, but for 80ME I wouldnt bat an eye. Hes pretty great. As for only one season: I dont think that matters when hes individually up there. "One season wonders" dont show that kind of consistent individual talent/touches. Those are more the James/Asensio type of guys who score a few wondergoals.

Sure, for 70-80m I wouldn't mind him but we won't get him for that. As I've said I like Lautaro a lot but just don't think he's what we need and tbf I'm scared as hell of our 100m signings so I'd prefer to avoid another one.

Would you risk €70m on him though? Apparently that's what it will take. I do like the look of him but I'd like to see him do it for 2 seasons to prove he has consistency. He's certainly the only current alternative I can see to Martinez at the moment.

Agree we should probably just bank our money and sign a la liga striker for cheap because I'd hate for us to waste another €100m.

I think he'd be available for 50-60m and I'd take a risk. The only problem is that BVB can buy him back for 30m so we'd need to negotiate with them which wouldn't be easy after what happened with Dembele.

As for a wait and see approach we can't do this. If he'd continue to perform like this for 2 more seasons he'll probably be unavailable (already in a bigger club) or his price will be 100m+ if Dortmund takes him back and then a risk is even bigger (especially with our past experience buying 100m+ players). Sometimes if you like a player enough and think he's the one you should take him when you can. We've probably missed on a lot of good players because we took too much time to evaluate them.

Isak is just my wish though as there is absolutely no rumour linking us to him and I don't think he's on our shortlist of potential transfer targets. He'll probably be if/when he'll be a 100m+ player though. :)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I doubt it.

I don't see them spending a lot of money upcoming summer as they'll make a push for Mbappe in 2021.

Riordon

Lots of my friend who are Inter fans say he is good but not worth 110m.

For us 100+ has become a typical number. As a director of Bayern said: “if i have to pay 100, it means i havent done my job good enough”

Abidal and co can learn. 100m should be for very special players. Stop being lazy and start scouting and getting players like other club.

We are the only club who regularly do 100+m transfers

M3ls

Real Madrid specifically launches this news so that we pay 120 million for this average player.

wisconsincule

Real Madrid specifically launches this news so that we pay 120 million for this average player.

Yup. Just posted the same thing and didn’t see you did as well.

This is exactly why they are “interested”

Stop with the 100+ million transfers. Nothing good will come from them.

M3ls

We havve to sell Suarez and follow Jesus. If you don’t follow all the matches of Inter and Manchester City then open advanced statistics and you will be convinced that Jesus is better than Lautaro.

Jesus can play both in the position of the left winger and in the position of the center forward.

We need to sell Suarez and follow Jesus. If you don’t follow all the matches of Inter and Manchester City then open advanced statistics and you will be convinced that Jesus is better than Lautaro.

Jesus can play both in the position of the left winger and in the position of the center forward.

And we won’t have to pay 120 million for the Brazilian.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

Home of Barca Fans