Lautaro Martinez

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I doubt Real Madrid really wants him since they already have quite a few other options/players and the fact they have been spending a lot without selling anybody. Even the mighty Real Madrid doesn't have trees that grow money.

However, if both we and they want to trigger the release clause then it all comes down to the player's wish then.

M3ls

I understand that they play in teams of different levels. But we can’t take risks and pay so much money.

Why should we pay 120 million when there is a cheaper player on the market who is better than Lautaro?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lautaro is more high profile player than Jovic imo.

Griezmann was high profile enough to get benched. It doesn't matter. As long as Suarez is at the club Lautaro is either getting shoved to the LW or getting benched.

Anyone that actually believe Suarez is going to accept a sub role are either not being honest with themselves or believe in fairies.

That's why I'm more in favor of signing a LW instead.

Barcilliant

Fuck, early elections should be called and this mob kicked out. Lautaro is a 70 million player at best. Is this Messi's choice? Otherwise no reason to spend this obscene amount.

DonAK

I wouldn't spend that much money on him since I'm skeptical of players that have one great season, especially in Italy.

That said, he might not have the size of Suarez, but he got every bit of his fiery mentality and he's a very good talent. Good on the ball, can dribble, decent at linking up, is fairly quick and works his ass off with his positioning and runs he makes.

He's more Aguero than Suarez, but got the mentality of the latter.

I'm not sure Isak is a better fit and Isak himself will end up costing around 60-70m if I had to bet. As for Gabriel Jesus as I saw some other dude mention him, I rated him highly and he's still a good talent, but he doesn't have that same winning mentality or willingness to fight as Lautaro.

And City might not sell him, and even if they do it won't be for cheap. Might end up costing the same.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

I wouldn't spend that much money on him since I'm skeptical of players that have one great season, especially in Italy.

That said, he might not have the size of Suarez, but he got every bit of his fiery mentality and he's a very good talent. Good on the ball, can dribble, decent at linking up, is fairly quick and works his ass off with his positioning and runs he makes.

He's more Aguero than Suarez, but got the mentality of the latter.

I'm not sure Isak is a better fit and Isak himself will end up costing around 60-70m if I had to bet. As for Gabriel Jesus as I saw some other dude mention him, I rated him highly and he's still a good talent, but he doesn't have that same winning mentality or willingness to fight as Lautaro.

And City might not sell him, and even if they do it won't be for cheap. Might end up costing the same.
I'd take Lautaro over Jesus anytime. However it's time to make smart signings not prohibitive ones. We really need a clean out starting with this board.

DonAK

I'd take Lautaro over Jesus anytime. However it's time to make smart signings not prohibitive ones. We really need a clean out starting with this board.

While I agree with you, it's important they sign players with the quality and right fit to play at Barcelona.

The problem have never been paying a lot of money for players. It's been paying a lot of money on players that just don't fit in or have the mentality to play at Barca.

The only way I would sign Lautaro or any CF really is if Suarez leaves.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I still wouldn't sign him for that price even if Suarez leaves. We are talking about signing a player for 100+ Mil who didnt even have one good full season and barely played games on the highest stage(CL).

DonAK

I still wouldn't sign him for that price even if Suarez leaves. We are talking about signing a player for 100+ Mil who didnt even have one good full season and barely played games on the highest stage(CL).

Unfortunately their options are limited.

After the Coutinho and Dembele debacle one thing is for sure. They need a forward who's great at making runs off the ball. We can only afford one player that need the ball and that's Messi.

2/3 forwards need to be players that don't need to carry the ball to be successful.

That's the issue with Coutinho and Dembele. Two players that need to carry the ball and do very little off the ball. That won't work.

Look at Liverpool. All of their forwards work hard off the ball, are constantly making runs behind making it easier for their midfielders to play a pass over the top or split defenders if they're able to.

The only player in their front three that moderately carries the ball is Salah. Mane does it very little and Firmino even less.

Griezmann is better than Coutinho and Dembele at it, but he's been a player that need the ball at his feet, that drops deeper and carries the ball which is one of the reasons he's been underwhelming so far along with his overall fit with Messi there.

DonAK

With Messi's age and the team lacking proper difference makers/matchwinners I've been more open to bringing Neymar back, but that's a controversial opinion around here :coffee:

Even if Neymar is one of those players that love to carry the ball, he's able to balance it up by making penetrative runs behind and finish his chances. Done that for Brazil, Barcelona in 14/15, 15/16 and PSG.

KingLeo10

With Messi's age and the team lacking proper difference makers/matchwinners I've been more open to bringing Neymar back, but that's a controversial opinion around here :coffee:

Even if Neymar is one of those players that love to carry the ball, he's able to balance it up by making penetrative runs behind and finish his chances. Done that for Brazil, Barcelona in 14/15, 15/16 and PSG.

We'll find out in the next 3-4 months (CL KOs) if there is still the Neymar of old or if he's now a washed up Brazilian superstar :coffee:

My money is on the latter but I could be wrong.

Devils

[tw]1228113556782141440[/tw]

98% certain he will be the big signing this summer.

Seems like they've been working on this transfer for awhile.

I'm sick of these Galactico signings though dawg.

Home of Barca Fans