Kylian Mbappé

El Flaco

Mbappé is now the 7th highest French goalscorer in CL knockout phases

xxa0xm9v1lsy.png

Here's his minutes/goal ratio, saw it from another forum.

9wykDqW.jpg

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Ofcourse Madrid will sign him and then a few years later we will be shooting ourselves on how we missed out on him just like Kroos, Modric, Varane, Dybala erc

I wouldn't be so sure about that. We are very good at snapping up attacking talent.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
[MENTION=20484]gasgas[/MENTION],

Why the fuck are you so passive aggressive these days mate?

I was talking about the likes of Ibrahimovic, Villa, Neymar, Sanchez, and Suarez btw. All top tier attackers who were heavily linked to Real as well as us.

Gomes isn't really a forward. And Paco was our fallback after Gameiro/Vietto declined to come and sit on the bench here. Paco wanted out of Valencia and we needed a 4th forward. He's a Spanish international and a highly rated young striker in La Liga. And unlike Gomes, he has been improving.

As for Halilovic, while he hasn't really panned out, he was highly rated when he was signed and the signing was seen as positive by most if not all Barca fans.

Last edited:

gasgas

[MENTION=20484]gasgas[/MENTION],

Why the fuck are you so passive aggressive these days mate?

I was talking about the likes of Ibrahimovic, Villa, Neymar, Sanchez, and Suarez btw. All top tier attackers who were heavily linked to Real as well as us.

Gomes isn't really a forward. And Paco was our fallback after Gameiro/Vietto declined to come and sit on the bench here. Paco wanted out of Valencia and we needed a 4th forward. He's a Spanish international and a highly rated young striker in La Liga. And unlike Gomes, he has been improving.

As for Halilovic, while he hasn't really panned out, he was highly rated when he was signed and the signing was seen as positive by most if not all Barca fans.

Bolded ones were already established players not similar to Mbappe

How much did we pay for Neymar again? Good catch but we lost a lot too

Sanchez was a good catch but then not a success here at all

Considering the past few years, many teams have surpassed us in that department (signing top talent)

Passive aggressive? Okay

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
With his performances in the CL and Ligue 1, I wouldn't say that Mbappe is an unknown quantity anymore. The club surely know about him and recognize his potential. The issue is that he's unlikely to come here unless he has a starting berth, very much like Ousmane Dembele.

So Mbappe's goal tally now is:

UEFA Champions League ---- 5
Ligue 1 ----------------------- 12
Coupe de France ------------- 2
Coupe de la Ligue ------------ 3

That's 22 goals from a kid who only turned 18 in December.

He only played 1082 minutes in L1 out of a possible 2880 this season. He's scoring 1 per 90 mins in L1. 1.25/90min in the CL.
Oh and he's only shooting 3.3 times per 90 mins (hence per goal) in L1. In the CL, he shoots 2.73 per 90, scoring once every 2.1 shots :lol:
http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...essful_take_ons/interceptions/yellow_cards#90

Last edited:

gasgas

With his performances in the CL and Ligue 1, I wouldn't say that Mbappe is an unknown quantity anymore. The club surely know about him and recognize his potential. The issue is that he's unlikely to come here unless he has a starting berth, very much like Ousmane Dembele.

Still an 18 year old striker in his breakthrough season.

Not the same case as a 28 year old David Villa, Spain's and Valencias top striker

CanadianCanadian

If he doesn't go for at least 80 Million Euro i'll be surprised. If Monaco keeps ahold of him for another season i would be even more shocked. While he is an insane talent, i would prefer us to have Dembele. Maybe Umtiti can talk (pull a Barca jersey on it) for next season.:umtitol::umtitol::umtitol::umtitol:

slicknick

So Mbappe's goal tally now is:

UEFA Champions League ---- 5
Ligue 1 ----------------------- 12
Coupe de France ------------- 2
Coupe de la Ligue ------------ 3

That's 22 goals from a kid who only turned 18 in December.

Not to mention, 16 of those goals came in the last 16 games...Yes, 16 out of 16 :worthy:
[tw]854915025919766529[/tw]

Windhook

This kid is definitely going to break the transfer record this summer and there is only one destination for him -> Real Madrid. His childhood hero CR7 plays at the club, the manager is France's football icon Zinedine Zidane. Benzema and Varane are also at Real Madrid. Blaugranas worldwide should prepare themselves to hate this guy for many years to come. The only positive thing for the moment is Mbappe's serious threat to the selfish CR7's legacy, once he signs for Real Madrid.

xavisionary

I've long advocated that transfer fees are ridiculously inflated and should be ignored. But even I'm interested to see how much Mbappe costs.

Home of Barca Fans