Kylian Mbappé

Windhook

Well, Benzema hasn't exactly been setting the world alight with his performances this season.
On the other hand, if Mbappe does go to Real, I can imagine him taking the left flank, Cristiano on the center and Bale on the right...(let's surely hope he doesn't though)

No doubt on Benzema's poor form. But that's typical of him and I won't be surprised if he scores against Atletico Madrid... just because he is in poor form. :D

Monaco will never sell to PSG if they can sell somewhere else. Very unlikely that PSG's bid would be much superior than that of EPL clubs.

slicknick

Let's hope he makes good career decisions and stays injury free, because this is no ordinary wonderkid
[tw]857194524933804032[/tw]

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's a damn shame that he will end up at RM. Surely we have to get Ousmane in response, it's only fitting :lol:. I fear as well that Madrid's system will bring out the best of Mbappe, moreso than any other big team. This feels like one of those transfers that is seen as inevitable, even potentially years in advance.

Stats do need to get league-corrected though...

These stats aren't flattering for Mbappe either.
His goal ratio per 90 is closer to Messi than they imply, and we don't see dribble completion rate (Messi crushes Mbappe there mostly because he has more attempts, although Messi's completion rate per attempt is monstrous).

khaled_a_d

This kid has insane talent, he probably won't be the next Messi as Messi type of talent is a very rare thing to see -once of every few generations- then he was into perfect situation,perfect coaching and teammates and perfect work ethic.
But he is the kind of talent that you feel that he has very good chance ending up as one of the top 3-5 players in his generation. We got that type of talent 4 years ago when we signed Neymar,before that we produced Messi and Iniesta.
At some point we will need to go for a talent like that again and probably into a couple of years. with MSN we had no chance of signing the likes of Dybala,Dembele or Jesus and not sure if we will be able to get Mbappe himself.

slicknick

Meanwhile, Pires seems to think Mbappe will join Arsenal :horse::rofl1:

Mbappe will go to Arsenal but it's too early for Henry comparisons, insists Pires

The former Gunners midfielder believes that the French starlet has what it takes to succeed and thinks he can do that at the Emirates

Kylian Mbappe will sign for Arsenal but the exciting Monaco teenager should not be compared to Gunners legend Thierry Henry, says Robert Pires.
The France striker, 18, is one of the hottest properties in European football having scored 13 goals for table-toppers Monaco in Ligue 1 this term and a further five in their run to the Champions League semi-finals.
Earlier this week, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admitted the club do not have the financial muscle*to compete for Mbappe's signature if he were to become available.
But Pires, a member of the Gunners' famed 'Invincibles' side of 2003-04, believes he will head to Emirates Stadium and that Wenger is the ideal man to nurture his blossoming talent.
Speaking to Bwin, he said: "I do think Arsenal will sign him.*
"The problem is how much. Mbappe has the potential to play for Arsenal and Wenger is the right manager to manage him.*
"Monaco and Arsenal are very similar in clubs, so it won't be much of a transition."

The comparisons between Mbappe and Henry are obvious, with both having started at Monaco while*possessing pace and a deadly finish in front of goal.
But Pires believes it is unfair to already be mentioning Mbappe in the same league as the Gunners' record goalscorer.
"The comparison is unnecessary, he's not ready to be compared to Thierry. Mbappe is a very similar player but to compare the two players would be unfair," he added.
"I hope that Kylian can follow in the footsteps of Thierry Henry, he has the same profile as Thierry - quick, strong and a great finisher but he's very young so I would hold off on comparisons just yet."

http://www.*********/en/news/8/main...enal-but-its-too-early-for-henry?ICID=HP_HN_1

Home of Barca Fans