Junior Firpo

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Isn't that against their contracts? Players are not supposed to engage in risky practices that might compromise their fitness...

This is just ridiculous...

raedkuwait

lolol and people was saying i am troll and crazy cause i wanted firpo to play
instead of alba at any coast, alba is just cancer, he eats barca from inside
now look at alba. disgusting player.

LABarcaFan

Are you f ucking insane? You think Firpo is better than Alba? Did you watch the game against Napoli?

OK. I think this argument is meaningless. In 2 days, Jordi will turn 31 and every Barca fan can see that he is not playing well lately. Alba has never been a great defensive player. Never. His strength is his speed, which is still acceptable, but he leaves his zone unprotected very often, when he makes his trademark drives on the flank. In a Catalunya Radio interview last November, Pique has expressed his frustration that Alba is leaving his zone very often , same as Dani Alves in the past, and he has to cover for him several times per game. These are facts that no one can deny. Alba is at the downhill of his career. It is very important to find a solid starter at his position, because the experiment with J.Firpo did not work as expected. Firpo may be a good player somewhere else, but not for Barcelona.

Alba has been very mediocre this season.

I agree with you. And he has been mediocre for quite a long time, not just this season. The reason he still plays as a starter is that we don't have anyone better.

Andresito

Staff member
I agree with you. And he has been mediocre for quite a long time, not just this season. The reason he still plays as a starter is that we don't have anyone better.

Alba was one of our best players of the 2018-19 season up until Anfield.

serghei

Missing the chance before halftime killed his career.

Crying at halftime even more so.

This guy is dead to me.

I am the opposite. I actually prefer people crying than looking uninterested and only in it for the money. He is pretty professional and fit and seems to be one of the hardest working players.

Marshall D Teach

I am the opposite. I actually prefer people crying than looking uninterested and only in it for the money. He is pretty professional and fit and seems to be one of the hardest working players.

The time to cry is after the final whistle, not at fucking half time when you're 1-0 down

vuji_31

It seems like Barcelona and Juve want Alex Telles. 45 million on transfermarkt , next year his contract is over.

Is there any thread about him?

LABarcaFan

It seems like Barcelona and Juve want Alex Telles. 45 million on transfermarkt , next year his contract is over.

Is there any thread about him?

Abidal has met Telles' agent already and the possibility to sign him this summer is big. Any player, not named Cristiano Ronaldo will prefer to play for Barca than Juve. If something goes wrong with Telles our other option at LB is Alex Grimaldo from Benfica, who's price tag is the same - 40 M. Euro.

Andresito

Staff member
Abidal has met Telles' agent already and the possibility to sign him this summer is big. Any player, not named Cristiano Ronaldo will prefer to play for Barca than Juve. If something goes wrong with Telles our other option at LB is Alex Grimaldo from Benfica, who's price tag is the same - 40 M. Euro.

Grimaldo isn't good enough.

LABarcaFan

Alba was one of our best players of the 2018-19 season up until Anfield.

That is your opinion,not mine. I have never liked players like Dani Alves and J.Alba because they are playing out of position and by doing that, they creates a lots of opportunities for the opponents to penetrate our back zone in counter-attacks. If you are RB or LB, you have to stay at your zone and do whatever defenders do. If you think you are so fast and so good to play as a winger, then ask the coach to play you there. As simple as it is. I have not seen this kind of football even from the 1972-74 Ajax Amsterdam team and the Netherlands national team, who were the founders of the so called ...Total Football.

Andresito

Staff member
That is your opinion,not mine. I have never liked players like Dani Alves and J.Alba because they are playing out of position and by doing that, they creates a lots of opportunities for the opponents to penetrate our back zone in counter-attacks. If you are RB or LB, you have to stay at your zone and do whatever defenders do. If you think you are so fast and so good to play as a winger, then ask the coach to play you there. As simple as it is. I have not seen this kind of football even from the 1972-74 Ajax Amsterdam team and the Netherlands national team, who were the founders of the so called ...Total Football.

That was the opinion of the majority of Barca fans, not only at this forum. ter Stegen, Messi, Alba and Piqu? had great seasons, despite your personal vendetta against them.

Look dawg. Having good offensive wing backs is essential in an offensive tactic to provide width and a numerical advantage outside the opposition's box. The recent winners of Champions League always had the best LB/RB pairings. Robertson/TAA, Marcelo/Carvajal before that, and in 2015 Alba/Alves.
Can't say any of these did what you're asking for from left- and right backs.
As long as one of them keeps an eye out for counter attacks, the other wing can push up as much as he wants to.

That's the modern football. It's very common that experts say that the role of the full back has changed completely. It can't be compared to the 70's lol.

Then we can take you instead.

Nah I'm not that good either.
Look at City. Pep's in charge playing a Barca-based football and in desperate need of a LB who knows what he's doing. What better signing than a player who's been formed at La Masia like Grimaldo?
If he'd been good enough he'd already be at City. They've been desperate for a LB for years but still haven't signed the player who according to you is good enough to replace Alba at Barca.

He's a backup at best.

Home of Barca Fans