Jordi Alba

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
There should be a reason why the club want him,they might have seen something special in him that we don't know,until he is here there is no need to right him off as a LB.

F

Flavia

There should be a reason why the club want him,they might have seen something special in him that we don't know,until he is here there is no need to right him off as a LB.
He's a canterano, and he's also short :pep:

In any case, Abidal wasn't brilliant when he first came either. Alba's young, can improve. He also links well with Iniesta.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's a LB position though and Abidal was always going to have his athleticism to build on. I am not writing Alba off as he is young and can improve. Maybe I would be faster to agree with the choice if we didn't Alves on the right side. It just doesn't look balanced.
But we'll see how it goes, if it goes.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Signing Martinez will help height wise and that might be what the club want,to get Alba and a tall CB to make it more balanced,as for his defensive abilities i was very impressed whenever i watched him last season but i didn't see enough Valencia games to decide whether he is consistent.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
But that 40M buyout clause is too much . Its negotiable but the deal can only go through if Javi asks for a transfer request and he himself tries to lower the buyout amount.

F

Flavia

But that 40M buyout clause is too much . Its negotiable but the deal can only go through if Javi asks for a transfer request and he himself tries to lower the buyout amount.
That's my hope for the deal to break. We need a proper cb, we already have a midfielder playing as cb.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Hummels wont come this summer unless like LL said they extended his deal only to make more money from his sale,so we have to settle with Luiz,I would take Martinez over Luiz anyday.

yeswecan

at a tennis match , in Valencia

img.php

Darko

Would like him to come,wouldnt be too expensive and i think his speed and skill would be very welcome,he works hard and has some good last ditch tackles.
Unfortunately he dives,goes to ground easily and overexagerates when fouled,but unfortunately who doesnt nowadays...

Home of Barca Fans