Jordi Alba

X

xaviniesta

when it comes to football i feel 90% catalan, 5 % spanish and 5% other things in my blood. (that goes to the fanboy who criticised me and then deleted his message for some reason)

coming back to the alba thing. he is not tested you say? if defending means making last ditch takcles and kicking the ball into the stands carragher esque, then he is pretty crap no doubt. when it comes to reading the game, pressing, making the field small and winning the ball 60 meters from his own goal 4-5 secs after losing the ball, then all the barca players are masters of it. they are defending on the other side of the field, not on their own half. thats much better because if you win the ball you have like 30-40 meters to the goal to score a goal.

the philosphy of guardiolas defending and pressing game is simply outstanding. thats what i love the most about barcelona's game to be honest after the onetouch play.

Last edited:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
When did we start allowing members to get personal or start name calling ... ? I think it is about time you take some steps against that yugo count dante guy . He had been acting real annoying after that Croatia match .

Galning

When did we start allowing members to get personal or start name calling ... ? I think it is about time you take some steps against that yugo count dante guy . He had been acting real annoying after that Croatia match .

Banned before your comment.

UberNjufer

Yep I am worried about one thing though.. he kicks the ball forward so many times, that's just not Barça style. Hopefully he stops that when we sign him.
He did it 2-3 times today.
yea kicking the ball forward,so bad he should stop with that nonsense

B

barcelonista

Arbeloa gets exposed far more than he does. And Arbeloa doesn't even contribute much in attack. You can't get any better leftback for around € 12 million. Very pleased if we sign him.

zealot

when I say he can't defend I am talking about 1 on 1 defending and reading the game and spotting danger before it happens.

Saying he can't defend is simply outrageous. His ability to cover up spaces using his pace coupled with his work rate is his defensive tools. His ability to read game flow is not that bad, as he needs it to use his pace to his advantage over his opponents. Of course he has space for improvement, but he is still relatively young. He has time on his side.

Home of Barca Fans