Jean-Clair Todibo

Porque

In hindsight, the big difference between Araujo and Todibo is that Araujo played 46 games in Barcelona B.

I don't know if Todibo would have chosen us if that was the proposal we had given him at the time, but if he did, we would have a much better CB and suited to our play right now.

Anyways, hope the Fulham deal comes to fruition.

FC433

^
going to Fullham will hurt his development. It is better for both of us to loan him (he is worth more than 18m) to a proper team or stay at Barca.

BBZ8800

^
going to Fullham will hurt his development. It is better for both of us to loan him (he is worth more than 18m) to a proper team or stay at Barca.

He is not good enough.

Always remember Barca's historical stats:
66% of all signing turn out as flops
80% of young signings don't reach expectations
90% of La Masia talents end as segunda division level of players

Todibo is not the guy who will improve these cruel cold stats.

FC433

^
has yet to play poorly. We are willing to sell him because he wants to play regularly, not because we want him out. Although he is still 20, he has only played 25 games (10 for Toulouse, 10 for Schalke 04, and 5 for Barca); so I understand why he wants to leave. I think he could be useful at CDM.

He is definitely worth more than 20m.

serghei

Yea, I'd also want to see more of him. The little time he played he looked good, especially vs Inter when up against Martinez and Lukaku at the time, in a very hard game that we've won.

If we don't get serious money for him, which is 20-25m at least, we should give him a shot. Maybe he doesn't turn out to be great, but he can still be useful for us as the 4th CB. Don't understand why we gave time to a finished player like Umtiti instead of playing Todibo. That was retarded.

Birdy

^
Of course.
Tobido is one player who attracts hate from people here, without any valid reason.
Whenever he played for Barca, he looked good, and at San Siro he was phenomenal.
Deserves chances.
I would have both him and Aruajo stay, and try to force Umtiti out as they did with Arthur, Raki, Vidal, Suarez

serghei

^
Of course.
Tobido is one player who attracts hate from people here, without any valid reason.
Whenever he played for Barca, he looked good, and at San Siro he was phenomenal.
Deserves chances.
I would have both him and Tobido stay, and try to force Umtiti out as they did with Arthur, Raki, Vidal, Suarez

No doubt. Save the money, don't buy Garcia, froze out Umtiti, and go with Pique + Lenglet + Araujo + Todibo. Solid competition. Nobody can relax and see his spot as secure.

And who knows, maybe both Araujo and Todibo make great impressions. Both have great physical attributes, which is the foundation for a top defender.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Todibo is not good enough and looks like a DM playing CB.

Not worth 20-25m or teams would be in for him not trying to make a move to likes of Fulham happen last minute.

Needs to go somewhere will get regular minutes and learn to be a CB and wont get that at Barca.

fergus90

Apparently going to Fulham which I'm not sure will be a good move as they've got relegation written all over them. At least he'll get plenty of chances to try and develop there though.

Neeraj

What I don't understand is how he doesn't get game time, considering we have such a dearth of CB's. Pique as an automatic starter in 2020 is baffling, and Lenglet, while probably our best CB at the moment (says a lot about our squad) should not be an automatic starter either. If there's any club where Todibo could and should get minutes, I would think it's here. There's plenty of opportunities at home we are going to be leading by 2/3 goal margins, and he can get a solid 30-45 minutes in those games, and start some of the easier games to either rest or bench one of the other CB's.

I think he's been okay whenever I've seen him; by no means spectacular, but not a complete dud either. There's no way we get a good, physical, tactically aware CB who is the finished product, for anything less than 80 million at this point. We need to make them, and if we don't give players like Todibo any chance, that just won't happen, and we will be playing Pique-Lenglet into 2023.

JamDav1982

What I don't understand is how he doesn't get game time, considering we have such a dearth of CB's. Pique as an automatic starter in 2020 is baffling, and Lenglet, while probably our best CB at the moment (says a lot about our squad) should not be an automatic starter either. If there's any club where Todibo could and should get minutes, I would think it's here. There's plenty of opportunities at home we are going to be leading by 2/3 goal margins, and he can get a solid 30-45 minutes in those games, and start some of the easier games to either rest or bench one of the other CB's.

I think he's been okay whenever I've seen him; by no means spectacular, but not a complete dud either. There's no way we get a good, physical, tactically aware CB who is the finished product, for anything less than 80 million at this point. We need to make them, and if we don't give players like Todibo any chance, that just won't happen, and we will be playing Pique-Lenglet into 2023.

Lenglet and Pique are in a different class to Todibo and Aruajo has looked better as well.

The Pique/Lenglet argument fails when the back ups would be Garcia Araujo rather than Todibo.

Why has no big club come for this apparent bargain?

Neeraj

Lenglet and Pique are in a different class to Todibo and Aruajo has looked better as well.

The Pique/Lenglet argument fails when the back ups would be Garcia Araujo rather than Todibo.

Why has no big club come for this apparent bargain?

Them being a bargain that big clubs would want isn't my point. All players break out somewhere - if Todibo was already a breakout talent he would be our starter.

My point is that with 2 average defenders like Pique and Lenglet as our 2 starting CB's, there's enough opportunities to give Araujo and Todibo good enough game time for us to evaluate them as well as for them to develop. If we had Van Dijk and Koulibaly as our starting 2 CB's I can understand that way of thinking, but we don't.

Todibo may or may not be a good enough CB, but we haven't given him any meaningful game time. I think this season we can and should, and if he's not good enough, he isn't going to start any of the important games anyway.

mc_lovin

Them being a bargain that big clubs would want isn't my point. All players break out somewhere - if Todibo was already a breakout talent he would be our starter.

My point is that with 2 average defenders like Pique and Lenglet as our 2 starting CB's, there's enough opportunities to give Araujo and Todibo good enough game time for us to evaluate them as well as for them to develop. If we had Van Dijk and Koulibaly as our starting 2 CB's I can understand that way of thinking, but we don't.

Todibo may or may not be a good enough CB, but we haven't given him any meaningful game time. I think this season we can and should, and if he's not good enough, he isn't going to start any of the important games anyway.

Oh boy, we could have it so much worse.

Home of Barca Fans