Jean-Clair Todibo

JamDav1982

Them being a bargain that big clubs would want isn't my point. All players break out somewhere - if Todibo was already a breakout talent he would be our starter.

My point is that with 2 average defenders like Pique and Lenglet as our 2 starting CB's, there's enough opportunities to give Araujo and Todibo good enough game time for us to evaluate them as well as for them to develop. If we had Van Dijk and Koulibaly as our starting 2 CB's I can understand that way of thinking, but we don't.

Todibo may or may not be a good enough CB, but we haven't given him any meaningful game time. I think this season we can and should, and if he's not good enough, he isn't going to start any of the important games anyway.

Todibo has been average which is why Barca want Araujo/Garcia ahead of him and he is nowhere near Pique/Lenglet.

Your point remains for Araujo and Garcia as back ups and selling Todibo makes it no more likely end up with Pique/Lenglet in few years time. So it is irrelevant unless Barca were going with no younger CBs.

Barca should never just give younger players game time to prove they are good enough if dont believe they are.

The fact that only deal going seems to be to Fulham says it all on where he is regarded at moment.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
^
has yet to play poorly. We are willing to sell him because he wants to play regularly, not because we want him out. Although he is still 20, he has only played 25 games (10 for Toulouse, 10 for Schalke 04, and 5 for Barca); so I understand why he wants to leave. I think he could be useful at CDM.

He is definitely worth more than 20m.

Agree but the return on investment remains excellent considering how little was paid for his arrival. Just terribly managed since but that's Bartomeu 101 in terms of sports direction

I would've liked to have seen him get a chance here but understand that they can make a tidy profit moving him although the better outlook, for me, would've been to move Araujo and keep Todibo but it is what it is considering current market value. He needs to be sold in order to facilitate other moves and again, this is a consequence of Bartomeu's failed approach to running this club

Will not forget that excellent performance against Inter and what could've been either way

khaled_a_d

Todibo had 1 solid game here vs Inter, one awful game vs Sevilla and rest was mediocre. The game against Inter we were playing with 3 CBs too.
He wasn't anything spectacular with Schalke either.
He has the potential, mainly due to great physical tools but he has long way to go.
He is sort of like Adama, who needed years outside big clubs to develop into something worthy interst from big clubs.
He won't get that in Barca, even with loans. He need to settle in a club for few seasons

JamDav1982

Agree but the return on investment remains excellent considering how little was paid for his arrival. Just terribly managed since but that's Bartomeu 101 in terms of sports direction

I would've liked to have seen him get a chance here but understand that they can make a tidy profit moving him although the better outlook, for me, would've been to move Araujo and keep Todibo but it is what it is considering current market value. He needs to be sold in order to facilitate other moves and again, this is a consequence of Bartomeu's failed approach to running this club

Will not forget that excellent performance against Inter and what could've been either way

Todibo doesnt even look like a CB and Araujo does.

Club are keeping the right one.

If Todibo was good enough they would not be moving for Garcia or would look to sell Aruajo so it is not all about money and is about where they see him as a player.

Lot of Barca fans can get past getting too excited by way he played v Inter and try to make excuses of 'he is good enough but club need the money' when that is not the reason they want him to leave.

Needs to go somewhere else and learn to be a CB.

FC433

I think Araujo is better than Todibo. However, it just bothers me when we do not give young players their chances + Todibo could be useful at CDM, and it does not make any sense to spend anything (right now) on Garica when we have got Todibo who could potentially cover two positions. Does anyone genuinely believe that selling Todibo and buying Garica is a good decision?

Of course, I would understand if we are trying to sell Todibo to finance another position, but this is not the case.

JamDav1982

I think Araujo is better than Todibo. However, it just bothers me when we do not give young players their chances + Todibo could be useful at CDM, and it does not make any sense to spend anything (right now) on Garica when we have got Todibo who could potentially cover two positions. Does anyone genuinely believe that selling Todibo and buying Garica is a good decision?

Of course, I would understand if we are trying to sell Todibo to finance another position, but this is not the case.

Todibo would not be useful at DM for Barca.. stop looking for reasons he is a fit.

Garcia and Araujo are better and CBs. Todibo is raw and value may drop rapidly so correct choice for now and let him develop elswehere.

Same shit was claimed about Palencia, Mina countless others as if have to let them play to let them develop. Doesnt work like that.

Messi983

Would prefer to sell him for 18m but that's not a bad deal either. If he'll play regularly for Benfica could increase his value and we can sell him next year. Or just give him a chance depending on how he'll progress.

Devils

Bar?a and Benfica's negotiation for Todibo: The Portuguese side will take the French defender on loan and pay 2 million euros now. They will have a purchase option of 20 million. [@tjuanmarti]

Staggering.

.blitzer

According to Portuguese media, the option is 15 million. Optional.
It's a meh deal, we needed the money this year. Maybe he can learn something from Vertonghen and hopefully not from Otamendi.

Home of Barca Fans