Jean-Clair Todibo

God Serena

I'd lower the price on him if it meant a buyback clause, personally. I don't really get why everyone is so down on the kid, he has plenty of potential still imo.

Andresito

Staff member
I'd lower the price on him if it meant a buyback clause, personally. I don't really get why everyone is so down on the kid, he has plenty of potential still imo.

He feels like the Dembele of centre backs - flashy with assumed huge potential. In reality he's a naive and somewhat headless player.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
He feels like the Dembele of centre backs - flashy with assumed huge potential. In reality he's a naive and somewhat headless player.

The thing is those types of players under the right system and coaches develop quite a lot, just need to look at where traore was and where he is now as a prime example.

Messi983

Benfica apparently interested in Todibo again. Wonder how long for La Masia cultists to come out with an idea to swap him for Grimaldo. :lol:

I don't really rate Grimaldo high but tbh if Firpo leaves he might actually be one of our cheapest LB options (unless we'll go with Miranda as Alba's backup which would be terrible, lol). But a reason why Grimaldo has left in the first place (Alba) is still here so don't think he'd even consider returning.

Back to Todibo, I don't think we'll ever get 25m we're hoping for but if we can get around 15m I'd incude a buy-back (let's say 30m) and more importantly a high sell-on clause (30-40%). If he'd acutally turn out well at Benfica they could sell him to EPL for 30-40m or even more (they know how to sell in opposite to us) so we could potentially get additional 10m+ in a few years or just bring him back if we'd decide to give him a second chance.

.blitzer

Benfica apparently interested in Todibo again. Wonder how long for La Masia cultists to come out with an idea to swap him for Grimaldo. :lol:

I don't really rate Grimaldo high but tbh if Firpo leaves he might actually be one of our cheapest LB options (unless we'll go with Miranda as Alba's backup which would be terrible, lol). But a reason why Grimaldo has left in the first place (Alba) is still here so don't think he'd even consider returning.

Back to Todibo, I don't think we'll ever get 25m we're hoping for but if we can get around 15m I'd incude a buy-back (let's say 30m) and more importantly a high sell-on clause (30-40%). If he'd acutally turn out well at Benfica they could sell him to EPL for 30-40m or even more (they know how to sell in opposite to us) so we could potentially get additional 10m+ in a few years or just bring him back if we'd decide to give him a second chance.

Grimaldo is absolute garbage defensively.

JamDav1982

Grimaldo is absolute garbage defensively.

No idea why his name keeps so relevant.

Can cross the ball and fires in a decent dead ball both of which would not be all that relevant at Barca and as you said he is poor defensively.

There is a reason he is still at Benfica when just about every top club has been buying LBs these past few years.

Best outcome would be some other club believe in him and Barca get part of fee but cant see it.

Porque

If it is true then sell 100%. Include a buyback that we will never use like with Mina- just in case Todibo turns from Boumsong to Desailly.

FC433

:lol:

I agree. Madrid managed to do that with Spurs. We could do the same. +15-25m if we want to buy him back in the next three seasons.

behindbrowneyes

I'm very meh about Garcia we kind of need a fit fast cb so we don't get killed on every counter or ball over the top; good for a 3rd cb option at this point in time and that's about it for me.

Same. He is a talent, but not that good to pay when you can get him for free next year.

Araujo offers qualities that are much more needed.

Home of Barca Fans