Ivan Rakitić

Zidane82

Dude you have some serious issues. If this forum was half serious you would be banned since 90% of your posts consist only of shitting on Rakitic. Go get a life.

Someone called Raketa supporting Rakitic surprise.

Incidentally this is an open forum .., I never rated him and still can’t believe we took him on in the first place

KingLeo10

Rakitic has turned into a liability since 2016-2017. But he was world class in 14/15 and crucial in shielding that defense that only conceded 37 goals in 60 games. Those are better numbers than what prime Atletico/Chelsea/Juve have put up.

FinBarcelonafan

Rakitic has turned into a liability since 2016-2017. But he was world class in 14/15 and crucial in shielding that defense that only conceded 37 goals in 60 games. Those are better numbers than what prime Atletico/Chelsea/Juve have put up.

He was fantastic in 14/15, but then his level dropped immediately after that brilliant season.

JohnN

If he doesn't start today in Arthur's absence, we should consider him sold in January.
That said, I wouldn't mind trying FDJ at DM with Rakitic and Alena in front of him. Maybe I will regret saying that.
FDJ might get a rest too though, so we could be seeing the fan favourite "Busi - Raki - Sergi/Vidal" midfield. Still this could work against Valladolid i guess, but it wouldn't give us any insight about Alena's condition, who seems to be forgotten by EV.

FinBarcelonafan

If he doesn't start today in Arthur's absence, we should consider him sold in January.
That said, I wouldn't mind trying FDJ at DM with Rakitic and Alena in front of him. Maybe I will regret saying that.
FDJ might get a rest too though, so we could be seeing the fan favourite "Busi - Raki - Sergi/Vidal" midfield. Still this could work against Valladolid i guess, but it wouldn't give us any insight about Alena's condition, who seems to be forgotten by EV.

It's pretty amazing Alena played the first 45 minutes this season and since then he's been benched. It's like everything was his fault.

Great way to create confidence.

Valverde gives too much confidence to old guards (Busi, Raki, Suarez etc etc.), but no confidence to younger players. The way he handled Semedo for example was dog shit. Now he is a starter, but he could have been much earlier, If he kept playing him consistently.

Raketa10

It's pretty amazing Alena played the first 45 minutes this season and since then he's been benched. It's like everything was his fault.

Great way to create confidence.

Valverde gives too much confidence to old guards (Busi, Raki, Suarez etc etc.), but no confidence to younger players. The way he handled Semedo for example was dog shit. Now he is a starter, but he could have been much earlier, If he kept playing him consistently.

I don't agree that he gives too much playing time to old guards. De Jong and Arthur are regular starters this season. Maybe Alena just isn't good enough. What we need is another world class AM player and in that case we would be able to play De Jong-Arthur-AM. That would be perfect.

Regarding old guard, Raki will be gone this winter and Vidal probably next summer but Busquets for sure won't go for at least one more season and that's a big problem since he is not the guy who can contribute much from the bench. I also hope that at least one of Alena, Puig, Moriba will end up being good enough for Barca but Alena hasn't showed much until now and Puig has big issues with his physicality. Moriba on the other hand is still too young.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Sorry ass will get play today over Puig and Alena just to get his pricetag increased for January.

So will Busi and he doesn't get half of the hate. If we want to sell him in January we for sure must keep him in the roster for the next two months. Putting him on the stands would decrease his value significantly so this is the right decision. Alena and Puig won't get playing time even when Rakitic leaves in January. There are 5 midfielders ahead of them even with Raki gone: De Jong, Arthur, Busi, Vidal, Roberto.

The best thing for Alena right now is sale with a buyback. Regarding Puig I am not sure. He would probably benefit from a loan but his is so weak that we need to choose wisely where to loan him. Also bare in mind that no team benefits from raising loaned players since they will be gone sooner or later.

If Raki leaves only one of Alena/Puig should be sold (loaned) since we need depth considering our injury records this season.

Last edited:

clemente

So will Busi and he doesn't get half of the hate. If we want to sell him in January we for sure must keep him in the roster for the next two months. Putting him on the stands would decrease his value significantly so this is the right decision. Alena and Puig won't get playing time even when Rakitic leaves in January. There are 5 midfielders ahead of them even with Raki gone: De Jong, Arthur, Busi, Vidal, Roberto.

The best thing for Alena right now is sale with a buyback. Regarding Puig I am not sure. He would probably benefit from a loan but his is so weak that we need to choose wisely where to loan him. Also bare in mind that no team benefits from raising loaned players since they will be gone sooner or later.

If Raki leaves only one of Alena/Puig should be sold (loaned) since we need depth considering our injury records this season.

Really? Busi doesn't get half the hate because he is 1 of the legendary midfield trio, will go down as an actual legend who Rakitic will never be, he can still on his day produce "magic" which Rakitic never could, he doesn't say shit like "I will never leave Barcelona" so nobody is worried about him milking our wage system instead of taking some China offer, I can give a million reasons but Busi has earned to underperform due to age, makes no sense to hate him.

Can you show me examples of Puig being weak?

I always said Puig, Alena should just leave, they won't develop under EV, they aren't even getting called up for the bench, same with Todibo, as if after 2 years of what we've seen, this manager will out of nowhere just start giving youngsters play time. We need to let them all go and buy big namers like with a price tag of 100m like Havertz, that's the only way EV will let a youngster play.

Catta

So Busquets has earned to under perform due to age, but Rakitic who is 4 months older than him has not. Both are shit, and not good enough for Barca, the fact that Busquets was part of the legendary trio should not be an excuse. Personally Rakitic offers much more than Busquets these days, but only one of them is getting the hate.

So Busquets has earned to under perform due to age, but Rakitic who is 4 months older than him has not. Both are shit, and not good enough for Barca, the fact that Busquets was part of the legendary trio should not be an excuse. Personally Rakitic offers much more than Busquets these days, but only one of them is getting the hate.

Rey Arturo is better than both of them put together. And let's stop this talk of Alena and Puig on this forum too. Both had chances last season and showed very little. The 3rd spot should be Vidal's - looks obvious as hell to me. Crystal clear.

Raketa10

Really? Busi doesn't get half the hate because he is 1 of the legendary midfield trio, will go down as an actual legend who Rakitic will never be, he can still on his day produce "magic" which Rakitic never could, he doesn't say shit like "I will never leave Barcelona" so nobody is worried about him milking our wage system instead of taking some China offer, I can give a million reasons but Busi has earned to underperform due to age, makes no sense to hate him.

I always said Puig, Alena should just leave, they won't develop under EV, they aren't even getting called up for the bench, same with Todibo, as if after 2 years of what we've seen, this manager will out of nowhere just start giving youngsters play time. We need to let them all go and buy big namers like with a price tag of 100m like Havertz, that's the only way EV will let a youngster play.

Come on dude really? Magic? Magic of what? Back-passing, sluggishness and loosing balls? Examples of Puig being weak? :lol: Do you have eyes?

I just love posts like this, posts that contain just personal opinion and nothing more. Have you been present in any training session? For sure not. So how the hell would you know is Alena being rightfully sent on the stands or not? Does it ever cross your mind that maybe Alena is worse than all of those midfielders in training session? I suppose not. I hate Valverde and 99% of this forum does but Alena hasn't showed anything so far and he had chances last season. To be fair he was worse than Denis and Rafinha basically every time he played. So believe it or not but there might actually be a valid reason why he isn't playing more. Again I might be wrong maybe Alena will excel in Tottenham or some other club but making conclusion based on your own assumption is just wrong. Name me ONE player who was ignored here during the last 5 years and who made a HUGE career elsewhere. Just one! Valverde may be a HORRIBLE coach (which he is) but even he wouldn't be so dumb to deliberately ignore new Xavi or Iniesta.

Of all La Masia players in the last 10 years I can remember only one player who should have gotten more minutes and who should have stayed here and that's Thiago.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

futuro-esta-aqui-genialidad-riqui-puig-que-ilusiona-todo-barcelonismo-1555332406979.jpg

I am waiting for rolleyes excuses how Messi or Maradona are short.
Well, if you are a GOAT in some aspects, you can survive inspite of some physical flaws.

If you are just a mortal with mortal skills, like Puig, then your weak physique is exactly what it is=an extremely weak physique.
Remember how Denis Suarez struggled in every duel, dribble, tackle, aerial duel against, well, grown men and professional footballers.
He was always tackled and bullied easily.
And his technique and pace couldn't help too much.

You can expect something similar from Puig.
Except that Puig has a way weaker current talent and (imo) potential than Denis.

In hindsight, people will say: lol, Denis was shit. Puig is way better.
Well, Denis had 46 matches for youth Spanish NT teams by the age of 22.
And was bought by Manchester City.
In Puig's age (20), Denis was playing for Sevilla, and had 30 appearances.
Sevilla was Top4 club back then and winning Uefa cup every year.

The only NT team where Riki Puig can play is=Barcaforum dreamland NT team.
And his club level currently is Barcelona B.

You have to wonder whether everything regarding Riki is a conspiracy and clueless EV, or there is way more to this story=a harsh reality that he is (probably) just meh for Barcelona's world class level.

Home of Barca Fans