Ivan Rakitić

Raketa10

He was fully rested and still looked like a liability. That pass to a Slavia player in front of our box was shocking. But to be fair noone looked good.

He was never a player who can change the rhythm of the game from the bench. He is a player who needs to play regularly from the start to be able to contribute. There is no point in having him as a backup. We absolutely MUST sell him in January. This situation is horrible for both Barca and Rakitic. We have to lover our price and let him leave in winter. In this way Alena or Puig will probably get some minutes and we'll get rid of obviously unsatisfied player with a big wage. On the other side this is Rakitic's last chance to get another big contract. It's in the best interest of both sides to part ways in January.

He and Modric went downhill after that 2018 WC. From sure starters for Barça and Madrid to being made to look like clowns by Frenkie De Jong.
Frenkie killed Croatia's midfield :lol:

How the hell does FDJ makes 34y old Modric look like a clown? What's your point?

Last edited:

Zidane82

He was never a player who can change the rhythm of the game from the bench. He is a player who needs to play regularly from the start to be able to contribute. There is no point in having him as a backup. We absolutely MUST sell him in January. This situation is horrible for both Barca and Rakitic. We have to lover our price and let him leave in winter. In this way Alena or Puig will probably get some minutes and we'll get rid of obviously unsatisfied player with a big wage. On the other side this is Rakitic's last chance to get another big contract. It's in the best interest of both sides to part ways in January.

How the hell does FDJ makes 34y old Modric look like a clown? What's your point?

Have you seen much of Modric since he somehow fluked his Balon Dor ?

He’s been mediocre at best , that’s being generous

We are do lucky to have FDJ a genuine generational freak of a player

El Gato

Villarato!
So why is this guy hated again? Only because Valverde likes him and he's mediocre? Or some stuff to do with the summer Neymar shenanigans too?

TBF to him he's a fitness freak relative to the likes of Busquets. I'd play him ahead of some other finished players, but he may be too far gone by now.

Havesaks

So why is this guy hated again? Only because Valverde likes him and he's mediocre? Or some stuff to do with the summer Neymar shenanigans too?

TBF to him he's a fitness freak relative to the likes of Busquets. I'd play him ahead of some other finished players, but he may be too far gone by now.

Fitness freak like Sergio? How do you even come up with that. The only thing he (and Sergio) has going for him is durability (in low tempo) and not prone to injuries. Did I miss some joke?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Because he was untouchable last season and mouthed off to the press begging for a contract renewal "as he deserved" every other month.

Both Busquets and Rakitic are liabilities.

xavisionary

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2005–2007 FC Basel 34 (11)
2007–2011 Schalke 04 97 (12)
2011–2014 Sevilla 117 (27)
2014– Barcelona 175 (24)

Anyone else think there's something just incredibly pleasing about Rakitic's career progression and numbers?

It would be almost perfect if it included, for example, 2019- Juventus 6 (2)

BBZ8800

He and Modric went downhill after that 2018 WC. From sure starters for Barça and Madrid to being made to look like clowns by Frenkie De Jong.
Frenkie killed Croatia's midfield :lol:

Rakitic is 31 and Modric is 34.
They won leagues, CLs and played in a WC final.

Their legs are gone and it is hard to stay motivated after winning everything.

A hint: Frenkie will suffer the same fate in their age and will be eaten alive by some new Frenkies aged 22.

I am not talking about their talent.
But it is absurd to compare a young, motivated kid entering his prime, who hasn't won anything in his career with 2 old horses who won everything and who are on a verge of a heart attack after playing 5-10 years without a rest.

BBZ8800

People need scapegoats.
It is hard to accept that the whole team or half of a team is shit, mediocre or finished, so guys are picking 1-2 players and THEY are the reason for build up problems, transition problems, a lack of chances for Messi problems, problems against counters.

Raki was guilty for everything in the last last season.
Yet, this season without him, we are playing as equally as bad or even worse.
People joked about his Anfield passes, yet Frenkie and Arthur struggled in the last 4 days to control the midfield against mighty Eibar and Slavia Prague.
(I know, Serghei will now reply to me that it is ALL due to a coach.
So, wait: did EV tell to our midfielders to be eaten alive by Slavia Prague?
I mean, even Raki-Paulinho midfield wasn't dominated this hard by Mickey Mouse opponents.
So: has EV changed his tactics now?
And is his wish to be dominated in midfield by horrible teams on every away match?)

But since it is a sin to raise some questions about them and crash fan's dreams about the magical duo, then the only other possible scaprgoats left are: eternal scapegoat EV and now Busi, since there is no one else to blame for.

Attack is also shit.
But since we can't blame Messi (or Fati), all the blame has to go to Suarez and Dembele.

Tbh, my wish currently is for EV to get sacked and for Raki and Busi to get benched/sold.
I am interested to hear who will be a scapegoat for shitty midfield displays under a new coach when there won't be EV, Raki, Busi anymore.

And let's face it=we will play as equally as shit as yesterday or at Anfield.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=21709]Havesaks[/MENTION]
Durability AND endurance, particularly when seldom any player you have can play end to end in a 4-4-2 without getting jaded. Raki can, more so than others anyway.

Because he was untouchable last season and mouthed off to the press begging for a contract renewal "as he deserved" every other month.

Both Busquets and Rakitic are liabilities.

I can understand not liking him when he's somewhat of a prick, but it's a slightly Slavic response trait when you're being scapegoated. Slavs rarely have patience when fingers are pointed at them for whatever reason. I just don't think he did all that much wrong on the pitch. He's a bit average, but he probably knows he's over 30 and can't count on getting much on his deal. If he is in over his head then fair enough, but it's difficult to tell one's wage demands. Maybe it is why he's depressed, maybe not.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
People need scapegoats.
It is hard to accept that the whole team or half of a team is shit, mediocre or finished, so guys are picking 1-2 players and THEY are the reason for build up problems, transition problems, a lack of chances for Messi problems, problems against counters.

Raki was guilty for everything in the last last season.
Yet, this season without him, we are playing as equally as bad or even worse.
People joked about his Anfield passes, yet Frenkie and Arthur struggled in the last 4 days to control the midfield against mighty Eibar and Slavia Prague.
(I know, Serghei will now reply to me that it is ALL due to a coach.
So, wait: did EV tell to our midfielders to be eaten alive by Slavia Prague?
I mean, even Raki-Paulinho midfield wasn't dominated this hard by Mickey Mouse opponents.
So: has EV changed his tactics now?
And is his wish to be dominated in midfield by horrible teams on every away match?)

But since it is a sin to raise some questions about them and crash fan's dreams about the magical duo, then the only other possible scaprgoats left are: eternal scapegoat EV and now Busi, since there is no one else to blame for.

Attack is also shit.
But since we can't blame Messi (or Fati), all the blame has to go to Suarez and Dembele.

Tbh, my wish currently is for EV to get sacked and for Raki and Busi to get benched/sold.
I am interested to hear who will be a scapegoat for shitty midfield displays under a new coach when there won't be EV, Raki, Busi anymore.

And let's face it=we will play as equally as shit as yesterday or at Anfield.

We have no conception of positional attacking. If the next coach is at least competent in that regard, I assure you, we will look at least better in offense.

Havesaks

[MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION]

Rakitic has never been known to be anything speciale in the physical departement. He has good endurance and durability but not to a point where one could label him as a physical freak. Like Sergio, he profited from his role and playing style in regards to no injuries. They don't do demanding, intense running like Messi, Arthur, Frenkie, Suarez, Alba etc. Most players can do that and it really isnt speciale.

Rakitic and Sergio are imo definition of physical mediocrity in football.

EdmondDantes

We were actually doing reasonably well last night, and were beginning to calm the game down up until Busquets and Arthur went off for Vidal and Rakitic. That's when the real chaos happened.

From 60 per cent control to no control and despair. From 3 clear chances created to a near penalty and conceded multiple shots near our own box.

There's plenty wrong with this current Barca, but Arthur and Frenkie are the least to blame. Not only are they getting better and better, the best news is, they're just getting started.

And this is them having to deal with the twilight of an illustrious generation; can you imagine how well they would do with prime Messi, prime Pique, prime Alves, prime Villa, prime Busquets, prime Pedro, prime Suarez, even prime Neymar from not that long ago...

Not to mention a Pep coaching and guiding them....

Havesaks

Just because Suarez isnt fast anymore doesn't mean he doesn't push do his limits when sprinting, and chasing and pressuring opponents in the same manner. And has done so since Ajax days.

So yes also Suarez has played in way more physical demanding role than Rakitic. So if you think thats funny you probably are ignorant too rather obvious facts. Xavi, Iniesta, Sergio, Rakitic are all no physical Beast because they were injury free and played many Matches... Messi was a physical Beast till midtwenties, Suarez was a physical Beast till late 20s, Alba is, Frenkie is, but Rakitic? He is an ordinary athlete in sense of physical attributions.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just because Suarez isnt fast anymore doesn't mean he doesn't push do his limits when sprinting, and chasing and pressuring opponents in the same manner. And has done so since Ajax days.

So yes also Suarez has played in way more physical demanding role than Rakitic. So if you think thats funny you probably are ignorant too rather obvious facts. Xavi, Iniesta, Sergio, Rakitic are all no physical Beast because they were injury free and played many Matches... Messi was a physical Beast till midtwenties, Suarez was a physical Beast till late 20s, Alba is, Frenkie is, but Rakitic? He is an ordinary athlete in sense of physical attributions.

I don't see Suarez doing that at all. Sure he does that once or twice in a game, sporadically, but one of our problems is him not sprinting, not pressing, not moving well off the ball.

All he does is complain, make boneheaded passes, poor touches. A good game for Luis Suarez nowadays is being a liability in attack, but somehow score a golazo. That's his best version. His worst is being dogshit.

Home of Barca Fans