Ivan Rakitić

Raketa10

futuro-esta-aqui-genialidad-riqui-puig-que-ilusiona-todo-barcelonismo-1555332406979.jpg

I am waiting for rolleyes excuses how Messi or Maradona are short.
Well, if you are a GOAT in some aspects, you can survive inspite of some physical flaws.

If you are just a mortal with mortal skills, like Puig, then your weak physique is exactly what it is=an extremely weak physique.
Remember how Denis Suarez struggled in every duel, dribble, tackle, aerial duel against, well, grown men and professional footballers.
He was always tackled and bullied easily.
And his technique and pace couldn't help too much.

You can expect something similar from Puig.
Except that Puig has a way weaker current talent and (imo) potential than Denis.

In hindsight, people will say: lol, Denis was shit. Puig is way better.
Well, Denis had 46 matches for youth Spanish NT teams by the age of 22.
And was bought by Manchester City.
In Puig's age (20), Denis was playing for Sevilla, and had 30 appearances.
Sevilla was Top4 club back then and winning Uefa cup every year.

The only NT team where Riki Puig can play is=Barcaforum dreamland NT team.
And his club level currently is Barcelona B.

You have to wonder whether everything regarding Riki is a conspiracy and clueless EV, or there is way more to this story=a harsh reality that he is (probably) just meh for Barcelona's world class level.

And one more thing height is just one factor of physical strength. Both Maradona and Messi are actually pretty strong regardless of their height. Xavi was also physically stronger than Puig. Riqui is unfortunately both small and weak. Maybe he can be compared to Iniesta in that sense but Don was waaay more talented so he compensated his weak body with his huge talent and footballing IQ.

We all want Puig to become a new Xavi but his chances for that are very slim and Valverde is not the reason for that. Valverde will probaly leave next summer but I sincerely doubt Riqui will be affected by that. I might be wrong though.

Last edited:

Judoman

I can give a million reasons but Busi has earned to underperform due to age, makes no sense to hate him.

Actually, it makes no sense to hate on anybody, but idiots always need an excuse to justify their double standard logic.

If you wana be an idiot, be an idiot, but don t invent pseudo reasons.

clemente

Come on dude really? Magic? Magic of what? Back-passing, sluggishness and loosing balls? Examples of Puig being weak? :lol: Do you have eyes?

I just love posts like this, posts that contain just personal opinion and nothing more. Have you been present in any training session? For sure not. So how the hell would you know is Alena being rightfully sent on the stands or not? Does it ever cross your mind that maybe Alena is worse than all of those midfielders in training session? I suppose not. I hate Valverde and 99% of this forum does but Alena hasn't showed anything so far and he had chances last season. To be fair he was worse than Denis and Rafinha basically every time he played. So believe it or not but there might actually be a valid reason why he isn't playing more. Again I might be wrong maybe Alena will excel in Tottenham or some other club but making conclusion based on your own assumption is just wrong. Name me ONE player who was ignored here during the last 5 years and who made a HUGE career elsewhere. Just one! Valverde may be a HORRIBLE coach (which he is) but even he wouldn't be so dumb to deliberately ignore new Xavi or Iniesta.

Of all La Masia players in the last 10 years I can remember only one player who should have gotten more minutes and who should have stayed here and that's Thiago.

His magic is feinting that makes opponents run into vacuum, dribbling out of trouble in his own penalty box, and interceptions very far the pitch that are very dangerous, can easily result in a goal, sure he can't do this often anymore, but that's why I said "on his day".

I guess Suarez, Pique, Busquets have been unreal in trainings the last 3 years, they just suddenly very consistently turn dogshit as soon as cameras turn on them. Your argument about naming some new la masia successful talent makes no sense, that place is ruined, the management there went 180 in those years, I can guarantee you new Iniesta would rot in the reserves under EV. And when did Alena even play last season? How are you gonna say he had chances last season? What chances?

If you think Alena might be successful in some other top club then what are you even arguing here? Nobody knows how these players will turn out but you have to give them chances to figure it out.

What has Thiago have to do with anything? Everyone knew if we let him go it will be a mistake.

BBZ8800

And one more thing height is just one factor of physical strength. Both Maradona and Messi are actually pretty strong regardless of their height. Xavi was also physically stronger than Puig. Riqui is unfortunately both small and weak. Maybe he can be compared to Iniesta in that sense but Don was waaay more talented so he compensated his weak body with his huge talent and footballing IQ.

We all want Puig to become a new Xavi but his chances for that are very slim and Valverde is not the reason for that. Valverde will probaly leave next summer but I sincerely doubt Riqui will be affected by that. I might be wrong though.

I know.

Also, fans are desperate for new La Masia gems.
They have a yearly quota. 1-2 players always need to be hyped.
Last season it was Alena, Puig, Oriol.
If they will fail, people will soon turn to Pedri and Illaix.
If they will fail, well, someone new will emerge till then.
And repeat the scenario till eternity.

Regarding Iniesta, he also had 45 youth NT caps.
And he was winning world cups and euros with that team, being their best player and a captain.
Now, imagine a difference: Iniesta being a captain of Spanish youth NT which is winning world cups.
And Puig: never being called for ANY youth NT team.

I know, it is stupid to compare players to Iniesta.
But still...
This was Iniesta in January of 2003.
He was 18 and a half back then.
He played as a CAM in Van Gaal's 442:
He had 1 assist and almost had 3 more assists (so, almost 4 assists as a 18 years old).
Now, imagine a hype if young La Masia player had 1 goal or 1 assist TODAY.
Iniesta almost had 4 assists.
Also, compare Iniesta from that video with Alena.
Alena is losing balls left and right. He is rarely making good passes and assists.
Puig: runs smoothly with a ball, dribbles nicely.
But regarding of an actual END PRODUCT around a box=quite meh.

Anyway, 18 years old Iniesta:

Last edited:

clemente

I am waiting for rolleyes excuses how Messi or Maradona are short.
Well, if you are a GOAT in some aspects, you can survive inspite of some physical flaws.

If you are just a mortal with mortal skills, like Puig, then your weak physique is exactly what it is=an extremely weak physique.
Remember how Denis Suarez struggled in every duel, dribble, tackle, aerial duel against, well, grown men and professional footballers.
He was always tackled and bullied easily.
And his technique and pace couldn't help too much.

You can expect something similar from Puig.
Except that Puig has a way weaker current talent and (imo) potential than Denis.

In hindsight, people will say: lol, Denis was shit. Puig is way better.
Well, Denis had 46 matches for youth Spanish NT teams by the age of 22.
And was bought by Manchester City.
In Puig's age (20), Denis was playing for Sevilla, and had 30 appearances.
Sevilla was Top4 club back then and winning Uefa cup every year.

The only NT team where Riki Puig can play is=Barcaforum dreamland NT team.
And his club level currently is Barcelona B.

You have to wonder whether everything regarding Riki is a conspiracy and clueless EV, or there is way more to this story=a harsh reality that he is (probably) just meh for Barcelona's world class level.

I guess Messi, Shaqiri, Hazard are also weak because they are short? You know what lean muscle is? Does Arthur "Bad Midfielder" Melo also have a weak physique? He is only 2 cm taller.
De Jong only has 2 appearances for Netherlands U21, I guess we should sell him since this is what defines how a player is gonna turn out? That's all you do, pull up stats. I prefer watching the players and talk from what I see.

clemente

Actually, it makes no sense to hate on anybody, but idiots always need an excuse to justify their double standard logic.

If you wana be an idiot, be an idiot, but don t invent pseudo reasons.

Fuck off with that garbage, plenty of players deserve hate, if someone disrespects the club, they will get hate, it's that simple, why internet melts always struggle to make an argument without insults?

Judoman

Fuck off with that garbage, plenty of players deserve hate, if someone disrespects the club, they will get hate, it's that simple, why internet melts always struggle to make an argument without insults?

Nah, it s not "melts" or "fanboys" or "SJW-s" or [insert a lable], just people with common sense, who are baffled by your idiotic double standards.

BBZ8800

I guess Messi, Shaqiri, Hazard are also weak because they are short? You know what lean muscle is? Does Arthur "Bad Midfielder" Melo also have a weak physique? He is only 2 cm taller.
De Jong only has 2 appearances for Netherlands U21, I guess we should sell him since this is what defines how a player is gonna turn out? That's all you do, pull up stats. I prefer watching the players and talk from what I see.

Messi is Goat in tons of things.
Hazard is world class in lots of skills.

Also, they are short but not weak.
Puig has average skills, he is short and very weak.

Regarding De Jong, he played 22 matches for Dutch youth NT teams.
He debuted for senior NT team aged 21.

There are some players like Busi and Pedro who didn't play for youth NT teams.
But imo, that is because they played for smaller clubs, far from scouts.
And they joined Barca aged 18, 19 and similar.

There aren't many examples of true La Masia players who were here from the age of 10 or 14 and who were constantly ignored by all youth NT coaches.

But feel free to live in a dreamland where Riki is actually a world class talent, but for some reason several NT coaches and EV are ignoring him.

Tackle

:lol::lol::lol:

The irony is too much.

While you attempted to lambaste BBZ for his use of statistics all you did was completely and utterly expose yourself instead.

:lol:

Really I cannot handle it. De Jong only had 2 appearances with the Dutch U21 team because he was already with the senior team at that point you absolute mong.

Come on now mate, go on and tell me about your superior judgment ability based on your experience watching matches.

:rofl1:

Last edited:

clemente

Nah, it s not "melts" or "fanboys" or "SJW-s" or [insert a lable], just people with common sense, who are baffled by your idiotic double standards.

Why so emotional? Only 1 month left till you can fuck off to Inter forum this January when your Rakitic goes there

Messi is Goat in tons of things.
Hazard is world class in lots of skills.

Also, they are short but not weak.
Puig has average skills, he is short and very weak.

Regarding De Jong, he played 22 matches for Dutch youth NT teams.
He debuted for senior NT team aged 21.

There are some players like Busi and Pedro who didn't play for youth NT teams.
But imo, that is because they played for smaller clubs, far from scouts.
And they joined Barca aged 18, 19 and similar.

There aren't many examples of true La Masia players who were here from the age of 10 or 14 and who were constantly ignored by all youth NT coaches.

But feel free to live in a dreamland where Riki is actually a world class talent, but for some reason several NT coaches and EV are ignoring him.

"Puig has average skills, he is short and very weak." - Change Puig to Arthur and it's word to word what you've been preaching for years, it's amazing how someone who is so weak and small, and has average skills, made it to this level.

La Masia used to mean something, this is why our youth had priority for NT, 2 years ago De Jong didn't even have a thread here and now people are comparing him to be the best midfielder in the world, Puig got his name out there at a way younger age, you deciding how good a player is based on their NT appearances instead of how they actually play is pure BBZ logic.

clemente

:lol::lol::lol:

The irony is too much.

While you attempted to lambaste BBZ for his use of statistics all you did was completely and utterly expose yourself instead.

Really I cannot handle it. De Jong only had 2 appearances with the Dutch U21 team because he was already with the senior team at that point you absolute mong.

Come on now mate, go on and tell me about your superior judgment ability based on your experience watching matches.

:rofl1:

Wow this madrid cumstain still isn't banned off the forum? This is jamdav right? Did you even know who De Jong is when he was 19? 20? 21? It's normal for players to explode later.

Tackle

Wow this madrid cumstain still isn't banned off the forum? This is jamdav right? Did you even know who De Jong is when he was 19? 20? 21? It's normal for players to explode later.

Aye.

De Jong did not "explode later" and that is what you were trying to argue with your beyond idiotic assertion of him only having only two matches with the Dutch U21 team.

You do realize De Jong is still only 22 years of age, right? Why would I have not known who he was last season? The entire football world knew who he was last season and most invested Barca fans were aware of what he was doing at age 19-20 as well.

Pipe down and take a moment or two to reflect on being thoroughly exposed.

Get torn to shreds argumentatively on all fronts and you are forced to resort to the "ban him" cries. If I deserve to be banned so do most other members of this forum, many of whom have committed actual bannable offenses.

I also do not have a the slightest clue who this Jam character is. I personally prefer strawberry jam to be brutally honest.

clemente

Aye.

De Jong did not "explode later" and that is what you were trying to argue with your beyond idiotic assertion of him only having only two matches with the Dutch U21 team.

You do realize De Jong is still only 22 years of age, right? Why would I have not known who he was last season? The entire football world knew who he was last season and most invested Barca fans were aware of what he was doing at age 19-20 as well.

Pipe down and take a moment or two to reflect on being thoroughly exposed.

Get torn to shreds argumentatively on all fronts and you are forced to resort to the "ban him" cries. If I deserve to be banned so do most other members of this forum, many of whom have committed actual bannable offenses.

I also do not have a the slightest clue who this Jam character is. I personally prefer strawberry jam to be brutally honest.

Really... Now you are trying to tell me , that instead of being just another Madrid troll, you are actually an invested Barcelona fan, that knew who De Jong was at the age of 19, when he didn't even have his thread here? At least put some effort into your posts

Home of Barca Fans