Ibrahim Afellay

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Okay now... He's definitely known for being a good winger, apart from being a terrific midfielder, but he looks more like a head-down-cross-in type now that he's not really daring to make any mistakes!
What an awesome 10 min cameo he had today. I suddenly get this feeling that playing him more in the mid field would help the adaptation get faster. Once he gets the confidence, playing with all those superstars around him, may be then he'll start to play with more composure in the wings. Terrific through ball to Bojan, good cross for Messi(although that was kinda Walcott-ish), very good interception, got himself into scoring positions twice... Very good performance. So many flashes in those few minutes! He could really turn out to be one of our best transfers!!
I get this feeling he could replace Keita very effectively and also be an improvement over the African because, mind you, he's got good pace, nice shot, very good in defending(he's also played defensive mid for some time) and also got good eye for pass!!
Really looking forward for him to start the cup game :)

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Okay now... He's definitely known for being a good winger, apart from being a terrific midfielder, but he looks more like a head-down-cross-in type now that he's not really daring to make any mistakes!
What an awesome 10 min cameo he had today. I suddenly get this feeling that playing him more in the mid field would help the adaptation get faster. Once he gets the confidence, playing with all those superstars around him, may be then he'll start to play with more composure in the wings. Terrific through ball to Bojan, good cross for Messi(although that was kinda Walcott-ish), very good interception, got himself into scoring positions twice... Very good performance. So many flashes in those few minutes! He could really turn out to be one of our best transfers!!
I get this feeling he could replace Keita very effectively and also be an improvement over the African because, mind you, he's got good pace, nice shot, very good in defending(he's also played defensive mid for some time) and also got good eye for pass!!
Really looking forward for him to start the cup game :)

+1 Agree completely

Chainsaw

Killahead
Call me stupid but on the field I recognise him by his white legs.

That's Iniesta.

I always thought Afellay's height was about 6'1-6'2 feet, but I checked online and it said 5'9 ft (which is 1.80 m). It's very strange for me because he looks very tall out there on the pitch.

He's not the only case. I dunno why, but some players looks taller than other players who share the same height as them. I think it must have something to do with the physical estructure and particularly the legs height. Affelay has long legs.

Last edited:

Vegy

Definitely recognise him because of his dribbling. Had a very good game yesterday. It's nice to see that everyone wants him to succeed.

Richard.H

That's Iniesta.

He's not the only case. I dunno why, but some players looks taller than other players who share the same height as them. I think it must have something to do with the physical estructure and particularly the legs height. Affelay has long legs.

Yeah I was thinking it might be the legs also. I mean, David Villa is 1.80 m also but he looks as tall as Iniesta and Xavi out there on the pitch.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Same here ^

I thought Villa was 175 or something, but 180, thats good. Anyway, good to see good reports about my man Ibi, he must have had a brilliant 10 mins against Malaga.

Silver

List of Heights of Barcelona players (Official from the site):

Valdez 1m83
Abidal 1m86
Piqué 1m92
Puyol 1m78
Alves 1m73
Busquets 1m89
Xavi 1m70
Iniesta 1m70
Keita 1m83
Bojan 1m70
Villa 1m75
Afellay 1m80
Jeffren 1m75
Maxwell 1m77
Pedro 1m69
Messi 1m69
Masherano 1m74
Pinto 1m85
Milito 1m79
Adriano 1m72
Thiago 1m72
Fontas 1m86
Jonathan 1m72
Bartra 1m81

I dont think the official site is always right. For example Xavi and Iniesta have the same height but on pictures iniesta looks taller

messi-iniesta-xavi.jpg

Home of Barca Fans