Gonzalo Higuain

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
The bitterness in this topic is disgusting.

Hat tricks typically have a certain element of luck to them. Both of Batigol's world cup hat tricks had a penalty goal, but that doesn't make them any less brilliant. Maradona's Argentina doesn't play total football where everyone does everything; Higgy has one job and that is to score goals. He did his job as perfectly as possible.

Im bitter bc the first match he was just plain Awful, and diego Milito links so much better. Of course when your a number 9 you need luck... and as long as he is taking those chances then good.. but I wish to see how this team would work with Diego or Aguero ya know?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Im bitter bc the first match he was just plain Awful, and diego Milito links so much better. Of course when your a number 9 you need luck... and as long as he is taking those chances then good.. but I wish to see how this team would work with Diego or Aguero ya know?

I think Higgy is good for that role. I don't know why everyone is calling for Kun, he did well when space was already open but he's more of a linking player than a finisher. Milito could probably perform in Higuain's role but it's not guaranteed, look at their respective goal per game stats for Argentina. Higuain has good reflexes and is great at making the most of those ugly goals.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
You know i dont like higgie bc i dont idetify with him as argentino.... perhaps its just over proudness

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
The Worst performance I have seen by a player that scores a hat trick.. But a MAJOR improvement on the first match.. Hopefully this will get him going bc Messi is always gonna creat chances for him

No, Raul scored a hatrick against Seville that was worse than this.

What do you guys want? :lol:

The guy scored a hatrick and has demolished the World Cup's boring low scoring goal record by doing something very simple, find yourself at the end of the rebound. Most strikers forgot how to do that this WC and Higuain just did it perfectly with textbook precision. Stand on the far post and be alert.

His first goal (which came from Burdisso, who I will get to later) was a very good reaction and smart way to head the ball (a la Romario 1994, although that was sexier). Its hard jumping when you are stuck flat footed like that and a lot of players would miss, trust me on this.

His second goal is the easiest goal in the world, except the amount of squared balls unfinished in this tournament cannot be listed, so doing the simplest of things deserves applause. Again, when you are a striker with Tevez and Messi behind you doing a lot of work, MAKE IT WORTH IT. Did you see how happy Messi was when Higuain scored? Because he made Messi's run worth something.

The third was slick.

When the situation requires Higuain will put it in more effort, calm down you guys.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

What is the point? So what? What difference does it make to you if Higgie is at the end of the chances or Diego? Argentina just won 4-1 yet you are looking elsewhere.

You don't need Higuain to link up with Tevez and Messi, you need him to finish off their runs, is all.

If Argentina is to ever get knocked out of the WC it is because they will find themselves having 3 player makers at the top without someone to finish of their chances because the defense will leak against really good teams.

XaviMessiGirl

It did make for the first exciting match in the entire WC... so I'm not complaining about who scored the goals :D

My only complaint is toward those who fail to give Messi credit where credit is due, he did fantastically.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
You can hate French and hate Real Madrid but that doesn't mean you can put down the player. He didn't have a fantastic game overall, but he wasn't terrible, he deserved his hat trick for being where he needed to be to score those goals.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Im racist against the French and i Hate real madrid.. that is the real issue here

I hate the French (can't be racist as the French aren't a race...thankfully) and I hate Real Madrid, I don't like Higgy as a person because he seems very arrogant but I respect his skills.

Plus he's a River Plate alumni.

Beast

The Observer
You know i dont like higgie bc i dont idetify with him as argentino.... perhaps its just over proudness
Higuain is 100 times the Argentino Messi is ... why don't you hate him as well ?

The bitterness in this topic is disgusting.

Hat tricks typically have a certain element of luck to them. Both of Batigol's world cup hat tricks had a penalty goal, but that doesn't make them any less brilliant. Maradona's Argentina doesn't play total football where everyone does everything; Higgy has one job and that is to score goals. He did his job as perfectly as possible.

^^This
great post Nolan .. glad some of the cule's still have those cell brains to think and write

Home of Barca Fans