Gonzalo Higuain

Beast

The Observer
My man Higuain topping the goal scoring charts .. i hope he score a goal or 2 vs Germany cause i feel the Germans will take Argentina out ..

It will be very good for the kid considering he was just selected less than a year for the first time for his national team .
but that's Higuain u can bet your house he will always improve each year ... i believe if he keep a cool head on his shoulder by the time he reach 26 he will be by far the best CF in the world breaking so many records

Barcafan 2304

My man Higuain topping the goal scoring charts .. i hope he score a goal or 2 vs Germany cause i feel the Germans will take Argentina out ..

It will be very good for the kid considering he was just selected less than a year for the first time for his national team .
but that's Higuain u can bet your house he will always improve each year ... i believe if he keep a cool head on his shoulder by the time he reach 26 he will be by far the best CF in the world breaking so many records

We will see but i agree with most of what you say. His knockers and detractors forget he is only 22 and will only get better.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think his breakthrough will come when he finally scores a huge goal in an important match... That kind of confidence will definitely give him the boost he needs... I hope he sucks for Real though, hahahahaha...

Olsend

You are way too positive, he is not in a light years the one and the only legendary CF. No need to mention who ;)

XaviMessiGirl

Even though he is scoring all these goals he's still not convincing me that he is world class, great player yes, but his goals are often by chance, that he happened to be in the right place at the right time while Messi created everything. Although that third goal, that header he had v. South Korea was actually impressive.

There's no denying that he is an important part of the squad though and Maradona was right to include him

Even though he is scoring all these goals he's still not convincing me that he is world class, great player yes, but his goals are often by chance, that he happened to be in the right place at the right time while Messi created everything. Although that third goal, that header he had v. South Korea was actually impressive.

There's no denying that he is an important part of the squad though and Maradona was right to include him

being in the right place at the right time is a skill in itself

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i think he is a great player the next raul already approaching that level. we'll see against knockouts against germany if he is a big game player he didn't do so well in the champions league and even the clasico.

Beast

The Observer
He scored twice in the Classico hammy ..
Cule's always tend to forget that info i don't know why

He didn't have a single CL goal prior to this season , he keeps improving in every area

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Nah Lindsay you're totally wrong. Higuain is as worldclass as it gets. top5-6 strikers in the world easily. doesn't fit the barca model but is perfect for clubs like real madrid.. chelsea.. inter etc.

Beast can you agree on that he's maybe not the best striker in the world, but most definately the most consistent one? i mean, he rarely makes bad matches. even if he's invisible, he just pops out of nowhere and scores. he has a lesser package than diego milito imo, but he's a better goalscorer.
the positives of higuain;
great first touch
one of the best at losing his marker
hard worker
excellent finishing
good heading
quoting you lindsey "being at the right place at the right time" (ruud van nistelrooy was the best at this. legend)

basically. gonzalo higuain IS ruud van nistelrooy. although ruud is and will always be a legend while it's not certain with higuian.

for me it's:
1. zlatan ibrahimovic - has the complete package as a striker except for heading, but he can control the blal for no other. doesn't fit barca
2. david villa - has a complete package aswell but unlike zlatan, he can't control the ball with his chest etc.
3. didier drogba - sick player. doesn't need explaining.
4. diego milito - 3 finals. 4 goals. won the pichichi of italy. not much more needed to say.
5. higuain - sick finisher.
6. rooney - the best header of them all.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
and some of his goals are amazing to watch, what football is all about beautiful play

shame he plays for madrid though

XaviMessiGirl

It's a skill yes I'm aware of that, I'm not saying he's not GOOD, he's still fantastic. he might be in the top 10 but top 5 though? I just feel that's a little much to say

Hamzah

High Definition Member
oh yeah along with milito, drogba/rooney (tough to decide), torres, villa

remember messi and ronaldo don't count

XaviMessiGirl

Well I still count Messi and Ronaldo, they may be arguably the two best but they're still footballers and shouldn't be discounted from a best player list.

Messi, Ronaldo, Drogba, Villa, Rooney, Torres, then probably insert either Milito or Higuain

Home of Barca Fans