Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Darko

Its just media bullshit,he probably just suggested him or praised him while he was already our target.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I hope so. I hope it's our usual tactic once we are already interested as you say, like the "cesc has barca DNA" comments. If he has so much power to pick managers then it's very worrying for our club.

It could even mean that Ibra was right.

Yugi

I wonder what´s Martino´s attitude towards promoting youngsters and giving them real chance?

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Reading a lot of good things about him tactically, very curious as to how he can play with the cream of the crop we have here at our club. And also curious about his ideas for a new CB...

Leo10

I hope so. I hope it's our usual tactic once we are already interested as you say, like the "cesc has barca DNA" comments. If he has so much power to pick managers then it's very worrying for our club.

I heard Messi has enough power to ban people on barcaforum, be careful he might be watching. :VdB:

:messi:

I

instinct

Messi: "What a nice surprise that Martino has been chosen as coach of this team." [wechat via latdp]

:messi:

Last edited:

ceefoo

Tata “We know Barça’s history and we know that they follow a defined style of play. We have to see what we can bring to a set of players who are very good. Barça have a define style and we are the ones that have to adapt to it.”

I'm liking the cut of his job already. :okay:

When appointing a new coach, it does make sense to consult your most senior influential players. What's wrong with asking Messi, Xavi or Iniesta: What do you think of this guy? What do think of that guy?

Feedback is always appreciated, especially when you are making such a hugely important decision, like selecting a new manager.

As long as the final decision is ultimately made by the Barca hierarchy.

I mean:
Imagine if Messi & Antonella were at a party, and some creepy old dude kept rubbing himself up against 'Nella's ass, copping a feel in the process (dat ass!):ohmy:. Messi clocks and understandably doesn't take kindly to the man-marking job from the stranger and tells him to back-off in no uncertain terms. And the next morning Leo arrives at training only to be greeted by the perv from the night before introducing himself as his new manager.
How do you think poor Leo would feel? :badday:

Richard.H

Overall, I'm glad we signed him and not Lucho.

However, the season is about to start, we haven't played any preseason matches with the new coach, and the CB issue is still there.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb

it's the media who are portraying a wrong picture, besides there are a lot of problems behind the scenes which we don't know, I believe that this is game by Rosell, even Abidal leaving which we thought was tito's fault but i'm come to terms that it was rosell behind it too

jairzinho

Good luck to Tata Martino. Hope he catapults us to great things in the next coming seasons. I honestly can't wait to see what he does differently as he has probably the best crop of players any coach in the world can have. Really hope the expectations doesn't weigh him down too much, but carrying Paraguay to the world cup and of course his other accomplishments in Argentina are no mean feats so he has a sense of what pressure is like. Really hope we can solidify the backline with a signing or two before he starts off the season.

B

beautifulgame

Why are there two threads on Tata? Can we merge them please?

Garrus

It's not European football he should adapt to, It's how the spanish press work, For example when he said that messi and his father might had a role in this, I'm sure he doesn't really know and simply said it with a good heart and intentions, But he should understand that they can be deliberately misrepresented in spain, Which already happened.

Home of Barca Fans