Gerardo "Tata" Martino

poltergeist

From the look of things, he seems the best available option. I actually wanted Lucho or Rubi but I think we made the correct decision hiring him.

I hope he sometimes tries out a Masch-Busi-Cesc midfield as a sort of Plan B

barcanuck

Screw it hope Tata parks the midfield bus with Song - Busi - Masche - benches Xavi and plays Iniesta on LW :) #Fifa14tactics

USWAY

From the look of things, he seems the best available option. I actually wanted Lucho or Rubi but I think we made the correct decision hiring him.

I hope he sometimes tries out a Masch-Busi-Cesc midfield as a sort of Plan B

It's funny, because if you put that same midfield in the PL or some other league and ran a 4-2-3-1 with Masch and Busi as the DM's and Cesc as the trequarista, it would probably dominate.

Stric

Masch-Cesc-Busquets would be brilliant.

Iniesta Messi Neymar
Fabregas
Mascherano Busquets​

= awesomeness.

F

Flavia

Messi on Tata, after the game today: ""Yo no tengo nada que ver con el fichaje de Martino ni tengo por qué dar explicaciones. No conozco a Martino. No lo he visto nunca. Es cosa del presidente Rosell y del club. Me parece bien su fichaje".
"I have nothing to do with Martino's signing, nor I have to give any explanations. I don't know Martino. Never saw him in person. (his signing)It's from rosell and the club. His signing sounds good".

Zuess99

I just hope he aint scared o make some changes . Messi needs to go back to he right, We need a taller and proper striker upfront.
I dont like this false 9 shit.
Hope he knows some unknown great cb , as a matter of fact he must come with two cbs.
Lastly he should have the balls to adjust tactics when needed .

Pepe Silvia

I agree with Zuess99 here. Even if Martino changes don't always go down as smooth as planned, atleast he'll be looking to improve and keep tactics fresh. We've been looking stale so it'd be nice to see us play a little more attractive football this season. Realistically by midseason if we can incorporate and practice some solid concepts and ideas, I think it'll put us in a winning position and increase motivation for the players (seeing their play improve.)

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He won't move Messi, which is good. Why move the best player in the world away from his preferred position? That would be utterly stupid. No point bringing this up over and over again.

Last edited:

Meitux

When Messi drops back we have zero movement upfront,or someone to create danger and defenders having the eyes on him.With a Lewandowski type of striker who is big powerfull and invovles in build up we would have a target man and Messi to create chances for him too.Messi could well play behind the striker as in the Milan game and can drift sometimes to the right..whats the point anyway, he has a free role in this team,he won't stay in one place.

If you guys want this false 9 situation to work we need to improve our wingers invole in the game and movement.And also it won't work with Alexis.Reus would be so ideal...propably he is the one to complete this attack.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

Damiao is a good option for about 21 mil it is sure thing. Strong, fast, good finish

Home of Barca Fans